Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frogger409

Something I've noticed

Frankly, I'm starting to get a bit irritated by the moderation that's been
going on. I may be missing some perspective or some detail about the
current moderating, but on the whole I feel everything is so harsh. It's
like you guys are just itching to ban someone. One false move and it's
like they burnt the whole server down so they deserve instant execution.
Imo I feel there should be more leniency. Banning is for serious
offense, or repeat offender, no? I've noticed that sometimes the people
don't get a second chance. What's the point of requesting the appeal of
the ban if there won't be any discussion on it? If they break a rule,
and then apologize and say they won't do it again and really try not to,
a demotion or a temp-ban or perhaps even a warning could be enough.

I am not pointing fingers. I am not talking about anything in specific. I
am not saying all mods exhibit this harshness. I know there have been
lenient modding occurrences. I am just talking about the overall feel I
have been receiving. I may not be as active as other mods, but I still
have done my share of modding. Each of us has his/her own procedure to
modding, I know that, but I just feel it should be toned down a bit.
This is a game; it should be fun. This isn't the military.

I'm not trying to offend anyone. This is just me putting my thoughts out
there. I have no wish for this to spiral out of control into an
argument. If you wish to discuss, I'll do so. Just keep it polite(I have
also noticed the rudeness towards people when they point something out
or make a suggestion).

Some detail would be nice, are you refering to classic moderation or SMP moderation? Also second chances do not work, rarely do griefers or asshats change there ways just because YOU gave them a second chance to repeat there wrong doings all because 1 in 30 may actually change. That means some moderator has to pull some extra work watching these individuals you give second chances to. As if moderation wasn't a taxing job as is. Ban appeals are not meant to give people second chances, they are for people who believe they were wrongly banned and as such can plead there case. If it's one of the many ban appeals we get where they use all caps, spamming and cursing at mods for banning them. Do you really wonder why those get rejected at first sight?

You know how I use to mod frogger, I use to be Mr. Nice. I gave almost every a second chance and I would talk to all the new players. I would communicate with them, I would look over any frustrations they had but after so long of being a mod on this server dealing with the same bullshit day after day, you longer give a shit. Not only that but you learn things, learn things like majority of the asshats that troll the server and grief are infact repeat offenders when they are given a second chance to repeat. As such I've learned it's best to straight ban them so the ACTUAL players who get on the server and can somehow cope with building and not destroying other peoples hard work can actually exist on the server without worrying about griefers. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion Wink It's good to see the perspective of another person when oneself has trouble doing so.
I guess I'm referring to moderation as a whole, anywhere with AITM. You are right that most should just outright be banned but there are still a few that deserve a second chance. And I also agree that when being lenient, it's more work. Mr. Nice Guy is hard work. Anyway, I just feel like mods are bit prickly about rules being followed to the letter and are a bit triggerfingery. Chill out guys x)

EDIT: Like always, you make good points and have good use of reason and logic. I knew I could count on your well formulated reply ;D