Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DallinMinecraft

Lava Death

k i was mining with bugboy and laz is mad at me cause i left his town so he wanted to kill me so laz tpd to bug and he accepted and laz started to kill me outta nowhere so i discinnected and he set a lava trap to me so when i join im about to die is their anyway i can get out of this w/out dieing i have so much diamond stuff on me! i will pay 10 diamnds to whoever gets me outta this shit! Thanks... FUUUUU Laz ur mad cause i left ur town get over urself

Fire, what laz did is not against any rules. Not to say you should just go around lavaing where people will spawn in. If laz put lava where dall had a sethome or in dalls house, thats spawn killing. According to dalls story he PVP logged. Which means he disconnected during a fight. We had a system in place that auto killed people trying to PVP log, this was to promote fair fights so no person could just log off when he or she was starting to lose the fight. Laz put down lava where dall pvp logged, as such is not spawn killing.

Mad at u for leaving my town u kiddin me? i tpad dec and u hwere there so i killed everyone in that mineshaft and u combatlogged....
fecking lame i jst hope eric bring that system back where u die when u log...

Well, that system for combat-logging is in place, right? Therefore, Dal must have waited until he was untagged from combat to log out. Under a strict interperation of the rules, he didn't do anything wrong. (keyword: STRICT).

Plus, if you have diamond armor, you should be fine long enough to get away from the lava. Plus, not to tell you how to play minecraft, but you should have a bucket of water on your hotbar in case you fall in lava.

As for spawncamping, I didn't think that applied to such places as logout points and /homes. If it does, i think that counts as spawncamping, as Dal will "spawn in" to death.

JohnsonTea wrote:
Combat-logging system was not in place.

Ohhhhhhh. That makes more sense. And that's why I'm not a mod, and you are. I've never actually been in combat, so I wouldn't have known.

CryHavoc21 wrote:
JohnsonTea wrote:
Combat-logging system was not in place.

Ohhhhhhh. That makes more sense. And that's why I'm not a mod, and you are. I've never actually been in combat, so I wouldn't have known.

You have never been in combat sheesh i've only lost about 20 pairs of diamond armor in 1.0/1.2.5/1.3 Very Happy

CryHavoc21 wrote:
Well, that system for combat-logging is in place, right? Therefore, Dal must have waited until he was untagged from combat to log out. Under a strict interperation of the rules, he didn't do anything wrong. (keyword: STRICT).

Plus, if you have diamond armor, you should be fine long enough to get away from the lava. Plus, not to tell you how to play minecraft, but you should have a bucket of water on your hotbar in case you fall in lava.

As for spawncamping, I didn't think that applied to such places as logout points and /homes. If it does, i think that counts as spawncamping, as Dal will "spawn in" to death.

Game was updated but not all plugins were, not sure what eric has managed to add so far but I know anti-PVP logging so far isn't one of them. Spawn killing only applies to camping spawn city and sethome points. I don't believe it applies to logout places as it cannot be camped. Each players logout place is different and unless you were in viewing distance of the player when he logged out there is no way of knowing where to camp.

It's hard to find and camp logouts and even if you can manage it it's not something you can camp twice. The only places where a player can know where another player can spawn in is spawn city and sethome points as well as player homes. Those are something that can be continued to be camped and are protected against.

Is something only considered "camping" if you can do twice? I would think not. It's still murder, even in you only kill one person.

CryHavoc21 wrote:
Is something only considered "camping" if you can do twice? I would think not. It's still murder, even in you only kill one person.

Why do you keep argueing about every bit of detail I say on this topic? If you wish to change how AITM defines camping, go ahead and give your reasons why you wish it changed. Maybe Eric will think it's a good idea, I know rules have changed in the past. However as it stands, camping only applies to where a player can be repeat killed. The rule was added to protect players from being repeat killed in there own homes or to protect new players just coming in the server so they don't have players camping the borders of the city ready to gank them.