Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnsonTea

I love my local newspaper xD

"While walking up a hill … in the snow … without smartphones"

Pfft. I have to wait at a bus stop. For almost an hour. In the rain sometimes. With my brother. It's much worse. Even if I do have my phone (Pfft, I don't have a smartphone!) O_O

And we... LOL our eyes at teachers? O_o That's weird....

People live in some pretty funky countries... Although I can't talk.... I mean... I live in New Zealand, where we fight over a recipe with Australia... God I only just realised how messed up the South Pacific can be....

At the end of the article

Contest

Go back to School with a new smartphone. Here's how you can win a TELUS HTC One X, with a retail value of $629.99.

Yayyyy, more distractions LOL and fits well with the title:

Is technology making students lazier?

I agree with the message in the article, cell phones and what not are making people lazy, But to narrow it down to modern school kids only is kinda pathetic. How typical is it for a punk author to write a projecting article for a bunch of computer addicted parents just as they are being bombarded with tech adds for their children before school?

Back in my day, (did i really just say that?) we had to write out the multiplication table up to 20 every day. We HAD to write in cursive, because the teacher wouldn't accept it otherwise. had to write all our rough drafts on paper and correct it using dictionaries. the only computers we had were windows 1995, and we had them all the way up until 2007. (rural school)

Once there were two young girls. One asked the other what time is it? They both looked at the clock then each other. One says to the other, "I don't know why we look at the clock when we say that, its not like we can read it." They both laughed and walked away. They were roughly 18. Ill never forget that. It will forever represent why North American humanity is doomed.

I should point out that i (if i am right) am roughly the same age as Eric and Dem. My birthday is a few days away too. (I feel so old)