Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
11014GRF

The 3D Education Thread!

Hello

This thread is to be used for the learning of making 3D models or something. Its purpose is to teach those interested to make 3d static models for games of all types. If things go good we could move onto making high poly stuff and animation.

Note:
Any reply on this thread not related to the topic will be deleted. Any questionable material in a reply will get that reply deleted, MOUF.

Without further distraction, here are the programs we will be starting with. and yes, they are free.

Wings 3D
Wings 3D is an advanced subdivision modeler that is both powerful and easy to use. So easy anybody can do it!
http://www.wings3d.com/

Note:
I am using version 1.2.rc3. Some things in my program may be different from the latest version.

Paint.NET
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. With a few plugins it can compete with programs like Photoshop.
http://paint.net/

Note:
I have many plugins installed for paint.net. I will try my very best to supply them to you.

http://www.cgtextures.com/
This is a great resource for textures. You can brag that your models are "photo realistic" lol

https://sites.google.com/site/jz28studio/tutorial
Something i never finished. A tutorial for making entities.

0 interest whatsoever? not even from the person who asked me bout this. Sad I'm not a teacher so please, help me help you help us all.

Paint.net has helped me a lot with things like this. I've never heard of 3D Wings though... Looks like a good program. Very Happy

Wings 3D looks pretty cool but there is no way Paint.net can compete with Photoshop. There is nothing that can compete with photoshop in regards to what it does. Still Paint is good for a free tool.

Sorry for not posting earlier, 7.
Ahem..

Well, I checked the sites out and it since I know nothing about 3d modeling, it looks crazy complicated(I'm talking about the sheeps). I already have Paint.net and I like it ^^. I tried going on your tutorials site but it couldn't be found so I couldn't do anything Sad I'll have to look at other websites then. But, I don't want to get started on tutoring or anything since school and life keeps me busy @_@ This probably would only be done in my break times. Thanks for the info anyways, 7 ^^ Got me interested.

P.S. What I asked you was how your game was going. I wanted to see pictures etc. of your progress. Thank-you nonetheless. Wink

-The Frog, ANYfrog.-

Lol WTF man.
I told him that that would be what I would call him. I didn't like calling him 11. Plus, 7 is my fav number. 7GRF > 11014GRF IMO

DEAL
WITH
IT

(Prove it.)

Ive never created a game character that a truly liked. Mainly because my skills were too low to make something great. Although its still very early i think this may be the first character i really like. and weighing in at 2310tris he has an acceptable poly count. Ill put up a picture of him finished when i finish him.

That looks like a little program i use for fun, google sketch up. I haz photoshop anyways Razz

The problem with doing a game when you are still learning is just that. You are still learning. Some models you do in the beginning may not look as nice as they do further down the road. Back in 2010 when i made this thing it looked great, hard for myself to beat even. Now, it looks like a piece of crap. Especially now that i made some changes to it. In short i can no longer live with the old models i've made and need to edit them all. Hopefully they will all look as good as the end result of this one.

The programs I use are solidworks and catia. Nice programs to model things in with a lot of possibilities. But I dint know if you can use that for a game since they are for engineering and industrial designing purposes.

This is a little on the subject "3D", as I will use it for Minecraft (Hence 3D).

Are there any good paint programs out there that add noise to the colors? Would help if I can find one...

Ive pointed out paint.net in the first post. its free and does what you want.

meh, I still didn't even try to start 3Ding... I'm trying to learn Java again...

Man F java! lol. Come do some 3D with the coolest person you know Razz