Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaMaShiShi

Trouble with Privacy/App Settings in FB

I can't figure out how to fix my privacy settings in FB. I shall try to describe:

I have a group of friends called 'Pet Society People'. I want Pet Society to post to your walls and streams all the posts about Hideeni and lottery coins and such. But somewhere along the way, before facebook changed, I had this 'Pet Society People' group blocked from seeing personal info and photos and such.

Now when I get a message while playing PS - that says 'post this to your friends wall?' there is a lock icon—and the default is to only post it to my 'Friends who don't play PS' and to hide it from 'Pet Society People'. But I want it the other way around. I want to hide it from my 'Friends who don't play PS' group and post it to the 'Pet Society People' group.

I don't want to have to change this setting each time the dialogue box comes up. But as much as I've tried to change my FB settings, it doesn't seem to affect what shows up in the dialogue box.

Anyone know what to do?

Okay, I just figured out something on my own. So for anyone who is trying to figure this out—on your facebook page where you post your status—use the lock icon to customize your settings, and check the box that says 'make this my default'.

That's what I was looking for. I guess when I want to post my status to more people than my 'Pet Society People' I will just have to adjust it then. But for now this saves time and headache with all these extra PS FB postings.

Does anyone else think this is a little too interactive with FB?

far too interactive for my liking ...

moving this to Pet Society Chat ...will help more people there Smile

I'm thinking PS just wants to keep pulling us back into the game whenever we're doing something else on FB. It's outta control!