Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The Drop In and Say Hi Thread

Marie, thanks for the gifts for the Registry

IMOM just got another Australia and a France!

I'm getting ready to post another.. How do you make the post for just one person to see?

cogsy wrote:
Zoonie wrote:
Aaagh IMOM just needs one more Hideeni World Cup flag, this is going to be painful!
He needs Spain, is this an omen?

I have all the flags I want but will keep posting Hideeni

Frannie, you can only claim one from the same person each day.
If you want to post it for specific people, go to the little down arrow on the bottom of the box and choose Customise, you can type in names there and click saving setting - you have to do that each time though.

Marie, am getting there with the house and now starting to see real progress thanks.

Am glad things are ok for the family, must have been a worrying time to put it mildly.

Frannie wrote:
I'm getting ready to post another.. How do you make the post for just one person to see?

Press share
next to publish there is an arrow & padlock, click on arrow
click customize
Specfic people
Type name/s
save setting
Publish

Wow a big upset in the World Cup. Germany have had Kloser sent off for two yellow cards, and Serbia have just scored, all within a couple of minutes!
Shocking.

hmm marie.. I do that.. but it still seems to show for everyone

Will be right back, am so hungry I might chew off my own arm - think ham and salad sandwich is preferable>>>

Zoonie wrote:
Wow a big upset in the World Cup. Germany have had Kloser sent off for two yellow cards, and Serbia have just scored, all within a couple of minutes!
Shocking.

I am sharing TV with grandson, so flicking between BBC1 and cbeebies, anything for a peaceful life only half an hour to go then child free till Tuesday lunchtime

I bet you enjoy your quiet times Marie...

I'll brb.. time for a smoke..and to let computer cool down.. will connect with phone.. (I love technology)

Frannie wrote:
hmm marie.. I do that.. but it still seems to show for everyone

Yes just checked mine and I can see your post, I wonder if the person you have sent it to has already received a flag from you today. You can only have 1 per day from anyone person!

Am sharing my lunch with you guys - not sharing Ceebeebies though Marie congratulations

Frannie, my lap top's so much better since I got this cooling tray.

Frannie wrote:
I bet you enjoy your quiet times Marie...

I'll brb.. time for a smoke..and to let computer cool down.. will connect with phone.. (I love technology)

We dont get enough of it Frannie, we have had 1 or the other children every day for the last 3 weeks. I am trying to arrange a little getaway treat for other half, this weekend. The weather forcast is good so maybe heading for the coast.

Zoonie wrote:
Am sharing my lunch with you guys - not sharing Ceebeebies though Marie congratulations

Frannie, my lap top's so much better since I got this cooling tray.

Thanks for sharing your lunch Gill, not eaten since 7am, will wait till GS goes home or will have to share with him. He is Emma's little brother. I miss her so much since she started school

Aaah is he good for you Marie?

I hadn't eaten at all today, and yet I was up at half six. Fell back to sleep after a very early wakeup and thought I'd slept in lol - and it was a dark, dull morning as well.

Am using a cooling tray as well as a little four inch fan. I think it needs to go in for a checkup. But in the meantime I just shut it down and use my phone, like now

Zoonie wrote:
Aaah is he good for you Marie?

I hadn't eaten at all today, and yet I was up at half six. Fell back to sleep after a very early wakeup and thought I'd slept in lol - and it was a dark, dull morning as well.

Gill he is good, but into everything, need eyes inthe back of my head. He slept for an hour and half earlier so managed to get all the ironing done

It's pouring with rain here now.

Sorry was typing one fingered while eating, so not concentrating too well - also sat wondering what our weather's going to do this weekend, it keeps changing ... not sure if we'll see the girls for Father's Day or not, so not sure about shopping and catering *sigh*

Oooh by the way, can either of you see my Facebook link here, I haven't changed anything but it seems to have disappeared (to me)

Zoonie wrote:
Sorry was typing one fingered while eating, so not concentrating too well - also sat wondering what our weather's going to do this weekend, it keeps changing ... not sure if we'll see the girls for Father's Day or not, so not sure about shopping and catering *sigh*

Omg what a poor penalty !!!!!

Everyone's disappeared,according tolea. I reentered mine last night.

Zoonie wrote:
Oooh by the way, can either of you see my Facebook link here, I haven't changed anything but it seems to have disappeared (to me)

No I cant see it

Gill please can you re-add your facebook link, there was a mix up at forumotion and all the facebook links were lost Sad ...thanks congratulations

Mention your name and you appear Lea, lol, as you can see we were just discussing that congratulations

Can't believe that penalty kick Marie, just chatting over Skype messenger with IMOM, he says don't forget Germany down to 10 men (he must think I'm daft of something) I said, it doesn't take 11 men to convert a penalty kick!

Sorry, I have to go. Have a great weekend Gill and Marie!

Zoonie wrote:
Mention your name and you appear Lea, lol, as you can see we were just discussing that congratulations

Can't believe that penalty kick Marie, just chatting over Skype messenger with IMOM, he says don't forget Germany down to 10 men (he must think I'm daft of something) I said, it doesn't take 11 men to convert a penalty kick!

Exactly, my OH sent text for the score, then had the cheek to say put footie off and get dinner ready aahh bless him (Lasagne was made at 11am)

BRB, I have to go and get some stuff for dinner out of the fridge, so it comes to room temp - and, more importantly, put some wine in the fridge for the match later>>>

Frannie wrote:
Sorry, I have to go. Have a great weekend Gill and Marie!

Have a great weekend Frannie, hope to see you soon. Take care xxxx

I'm like a bad smell.....always around

thanks for re-adding your links guys, and sorry for the mix up Ashamed

Zoonie wrote:
Bye Frannie, have a lovely weekend xxx

Just popped over to Facebook to see if Chris was anywhere about, but she maybe resting as the game will be on very late for her. I think she is 7/8 ahead of us. She will definitly watch it.

No worries Lea. I just knew I hadn't changed it, so was checking if it was just me who couldn't see it congratulations

Marie, is Perth the same as Singapore atm still? 9.20pm now already

Zoonie wrote:
No worries Lea. I just knew I hadn't changed it, so was checking if it was just me who couldn't see it congratulations

Marie, is Perth the same as Singapore atm still? 9.20pm now already

What a result, that certainly livens things up in that group. Daughter in law has just asked can the kids sleepover tonight. They wanted to go to a friends house to watch the game. No chance we wnat to enjoy the game too, without worrying about them wakening up. Rang my son to express my disgust and he swears he knows nothing about it, just her trying it on AGAIN!!!!!!

Bit of a cheek, good for you sticking to your guns.
Shame we're not close by, you could come round and watch it with us - I shall have my melamine England snack plates out ROFL - it's full on here!

Am aghast at Mick McCarthy saying Germany didn't really lose (on account of being down to 10 men, unfairly)
what does he count a missed penalty as then?

Going to put the kettle on, I need a big mug of tea!

Zoonie wrote:
Going to put the kettle on, I need a big mug of tea!

I have just made a tray of fairy cakes and iced then in white and am going to put the red cross in a minute. You brew the tea and I'll finish these off. OH will think I have gone completely round the bend but will enjoy the cakes anyway

I really enjoyed that game, Germany were poor and lost, why cant he accept that. surely he can see that teams cant afford to act like that and get away with it.

I know you haven't got a sweet tooth so passing over a little cake xx

ROFL and why not!

I am wearing red white and blue today (deliberately) and have just been and picked some white roses from the garden, got some pink ones too, nearest to red I have, and the cat mint has flowered purple - that's close as I can manage.

Frannie obviously nipped off to watch the USA play without us wittering on at her

Zoonie wrote:
ROFL and why not!

I am wearing red white and blue today (deliberately) and have just been and picked some white roses from the garden, got some pink ones too, nearest to red I have, and the cat mint has flowered purple - that's close as I can manage.

Frannie obviously nipped off to watch the USA play without us wittering on at her

Aww she probably did. I will be sporting an England shirt later, starting to feel a bit nervous now, but excited. We only have red and yellow roses in the garden at the moment and pinky purple foxgloves (think that what they are) OH is the gardener round here.

Our flowerbeds are in a state, very over-grown. I haven't done much gardening the last couple of years since I hurt my shoulder; we lost a lot of shrubs in the winter period, and then we had so much rain, that the weeds really got a hold.

I was banging and banging at the upstairs window this morning, as a rabbit set about one of my rose bushes (it has quite fine, soft stems) and it was taking absolutely no notice.

I'm looking forward to tonight, I have a good vibe about it

What we want now is this match to be a 0-0 thriller

Zoonie wrote:
Our flowerbeds are in a state, very over-grown. I haven't done much gardening the last couple of years since I hurt my shoulder; we lost a lot of shrubs in the winter period, and then we had so much rain, that the weeds really got a hold.

I was banging and banging at the upstairs window this morning, as a rabbit set about one of my rose bushes (it has quite fine, soft stems) and it was taking absolutely no notice.

I'm looking forward to tonight, I have a good vibe about it

What we want now is this match to be a 0-0 thriller

We had some really lovely Hostas but the snugs and snails have had a party with them. They have eaten right down to the soil, managed to salvage 2 of my favourites, one named Emma !!! and the other one has a blue tinge to it.

Oh no 1-0, come on USA.

Our Hostas suffer too.
I put sharp gravel and crushed egg shells around them, that's supposed to deter the soft bellied munchers, I guess it works to an extent, but nature being what it is, something always gets to them (not right down, just chomped leaves)

I just sent Chris a PS note about the match Smile

This is nice, watching the match and chatting together, lol.
Am also watching the tiniest squirrel right by the patio door, eating bread - it's seedy and nutty bread!
And sending out a few little gifts in PS to people I haven't seen in a while.

Zoonie wrote:
This is nice, watching the match and chatting together, lol.
Am also watching the tiniest squirrel right by the patio door, eating bread - it's seedy and nutty bread!
And sending out a few little gifts in PS to people I haven't seen in a while.

Sorry Gill OH just got in brb

Got to log off, will run around with the Henry so it looks nice for IMOM coming home, and so it's all smart for the big match later!

Will pop back later on x

Zoonie wrote:
No worries Marie.

Yes Gill, its been a lovely afternoon, chatting & football is a good combination. Will definitly pop in more often. We will have to try and entice a few more people in. Used to be so busy.

Bye Gill see you later