Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

yeah. got myself good. dunno what I was thinking. oh well. sooooooon it will be time to go home and sleeps!!!

how are you??

here is a little bit of something I am working on, still ahve a good bit of work to go still.

pictur11.jpg

I'm feeling bit under the weather but nothing specific. Not been sleeping well which doesn't help either.

No plans for the weekend except sleep Laughing

wow! are you combining few pics together?
is that view from Tan's house?

yeah, like 25 pics I think??

not from tan tan's house, but from the beach on Fernandina, which is like 30-45 minutes away??

thought it was pretty cool cause it was clear and bright on one side and storming on the other.
I think Lizzie (Bg''s Sis) got a pic with some lightning here. want to borrow the pic, and add some lighting as well.

been extracting the cars (taken out 6-7 already) off the beach shore and stitching all the pics together.

the file is rather large, but gives me lots of practice with photo editing!!!

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. but today starts the weekend so perhaps it will perk up for you!!!!

I really do admire you Kijo - doing all the arty stuff. I was always rubbish at art and I can barely take decent photo.

I will be eagerly awaiting the finished picture.

Don't worry about me - I don't feel bad bad just kind of not in mood and not myself if that makes sense? At least I'm not in pain of any sort. Give me few days and I'll be good again. I really need holiday and it's 6 weeks till I go home.

I can understand that.
hopefully its not raining there like it is here. this week's forecast: Bleak!!!!

I'm not much of a photographer. I like to play around with effects and see what I can come up with.... but not very good at it all tbh.
BG on the other hand...... she is quite the photographer.
I ended up taking more scenic pics while I was there.... been waiting patiently for more group pics to pop up, but seems like the others are taking their time uploading.

Did you hear? We all threw Tan Tan a surprise b-day party at her own house, and made her cry. heheheeh

No I didn't hear that - that must have been awesome!
She deserves it!

It's been raining here most of the week but should get bit better over the weekend (so they say).

Are they back yet? I've heard something about California.

That reminds me - I need to message people to find out when it would be good time for my visit - at least try to narrow it down to 2 monts so I can go and talk to a travel agent to get me some ideas.

One of my friends said that "cheaper" way to get around US would be to take the grey coaches - do overnight journey but I know nothing about that (yes I have seen them in movies).

oh like a greyhound bus?? might be cheaper, but I dont think i would ever travel that way.... also look into amtracks..... sadly they take longer than you would hope, but I have never had trouble with them (and they are really comfy too!!)

I really hope you get a chance to visit, would love to get to meet you!!! : D
I'll make a sign for you as well! : P

they have been back in CA since sometime Tuesday. they went to Disney Land yesterday
hope they aren't melting.......

Tan Tan def. deserves it. can't find a more sweeter caring person in the whole wide world!!! I gave her a series of kitty drawings in some really cool frames that I had found.

I really really really want to go to US next summer and I was so touched by how many people said that I should come and stay with them (Tan & you, Frannie, my friend Lenka, Mary from Seattle and now Mindy in LA).

I need to get some idea about time so I can find out how much it would cost so I can start living on beans on toast to save up for it Laughing

Yes I have to agree with you about Tan even though I only spoken to her on-line. But same goes for Gill, Frannie, yourself ... the list would go on and on

that is very true. People from C&G are more like family to me than people I have known in RL for years.
Not sure how I would have made ti through the last couple of years without you all!!! :HUGZ:

was just looking up movie times, was hopign to be able to catch a late movie after work, but the lastest movie showing is before 10, whats up with that??? isn't it summer time??

well time to jet!! see you later!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

have a great weekend hun

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

oo cute new things in free stuff.. wonder if that ice cream is edible

oh well.. going to go get some visits done.. will check back later

good morning.... i see not much hope once again, of connecting with anyone. I'll check back in a bit

Hey everyone.......no-one here right no ?!
So, news from me
Frannnie - the ice cream is a hat Sad Hope y'all had a fab time meeting up with BG etc. Update me in the "What if we could meet in R/L" thread please Smile
Gill - is everything ok with you? I hope you're just taking a break and that nothing is wrong, but miss u anyway.
Kijo - sorry for the delay in getting back to you ..I'm struggling to find time to look at anything but work, but 'l get there soon - sorry!

Funeral was as good as they get. Very friendly and warm ceremony, but gosh we'll miss him so much - what a fab guy he was!
In the thick of it at work at the moment with 3 jobs on the go.
Hoping to see Di (Boobear) very soon and also to try to catch up with Nicky / Boogie --eek!!
Been gardening and shopping (for food) this weekend. Watching the golf and actualy am gonna play some tomorrow for the first time in 3 months!
Hope everyone is doing good and having a peaceful life enjoying summer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Marie, sorry I missed you and I'm sorry to hear about your loss ...

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday ... it's way too hot here so I'm staying indoors!

I have a million pixie dresses from digging, if anyone wants one.

Guest Guest
Digging is going to make me broke!

The items I have most of are Pixie Shoes, if anyone hasen't found them yet I can send you some.
congratulations

Hello everyone, Hi Nancy Smile

Sorry I've been off all week, and kind of withdrawn.
I'm not going to be around very much and was wondering if someone would perhaps take over the Gift Registry and also be a mod for the group (not that there's anything much to do except admit anyone who wants admitting)

I've lost my heart for the game and I don't have the time to 'play'

We've had a bit of a stunner - IMOM has been laid off from his job - WE thought it was going incredibly well, hence all our work on the house etc.
but it turns out that the company wasn't what it seems at all and he's been used and then stabbed in the back.

So, here we are - neither of us working! what a bummer.

It's my birthday at the end of the week, and as they let him go immediately with pay to the end of the month, we took last week off and this week, and have been going out each day just for a break. We haven't had any time off for over 5 years and it looks even less likely now.

I didn't want to say anything while you guys were having your meet up and then settling down back home, I hope you understand

Love to everyone
xxx

hope everyone had nice weekend

Zoonie - so sorry to hear your news. I think everyone understand that under these circumstances you want to step away from all this.

I hope something much much better will come up soon for both of you!

Lots of love and good luck

Oh wow Z, what bad news.
: C

Sorry to hear all of that, but hopefully a better door will be opening up for you both soon!!!

Good morning Kijo

how was your weekend?
Very bad news for Zoonie and Mr Z indeed.

Morning Bee!

Yes Indeed. Gonna have to keep them in my prayers.

Weekend wasn't too terrible considering I was working extra to make up for some time lost.
ended up having a 4AM rendezvous Sat night, that was literally just too much fun!!!

How about you??

I had quiet weekend - just lazying around the house, doing bits and bobs - my housemate was away so I had peace and quiet

whoot for peace and quiet!!

new photos popped up yesterday, have you gotten a chance to see them?

oh funny story was on my way to Fl and it seemed like everything was going right and perfectly, so stopped and filled up gas in my car before hitting the freeway, had $1 left in my wallet, so I was like... well give me a lotto ticket, since today is such a great day

Looked at it the day we were all packing up to leave, even had my favourite number on there, so I was like, yeah, this is gonna be really lucky!!!

didnt even get 1 number right. lolz

No I didn't see you pics yet but I saw the ones Frannie has posted. Well you read the thing about that bat Laughing

Yeah peace and quiet is good but not all the time - honestly I spend more time in that house than she does and she owns it! I will have to text her as she was not back last night. She's gone to some festival - left thursday morning. Not even a text from her - not that she has to but last time she went away for a long weekend she gave me heads up

I have not played any lottery in ages - no luck in games or love for me right now

thanks for that Kijo - I will check it later

I have started to plan my trip now - it's going to be begining of June as I wanted to go in July but the prices go up from 29 June as that's the begining of peak season.

Yes I saw in the PMs you have been sending, been reading everything, but no comments as Its sort of moot for me..... I am with Tan Tan

Maybe you will be around close to my b-day! : D

really hope that it works out for you! would be Fab!!!

TT was talking to me earlier about going to Europe next year as well! So I am hoping she is able to have a blast there.

Doesnt seem like you will need it, but in case it comes up you might need a hotel somewhere during your stay, please PM me.

it's still very early days. I can't get prices from travel agent yet - they told me to come back in August to get correct prices as the quote she gave me was just estimate based on this year prices.

It's the internal flights that bumped the price up. Not sure if/how long it would take to travel from Seattle to Ohio by coach LOL.

LA to Seattle on coach is 23 hours (the girl in travel agent done it herself so she told me).

Yes it would be lovely if Tan goes to Europe - so many wonderful cities to see congratulations

23 hours?? well thats with Time changing adding onto that as well so hopefully wont be THAT long. imagine being on a plane for 24 hours straight.
kind fo scary come to think of it.

everyone is traveling and its making me get cabin fever!!!
Laughing

A trip to the US would do you good, and you deserve it!!!

I have done 23 hours on coach (of course it's with lots and lots of stops).

As for the hotel - you never know as she was quoting me flight from Jacksonville to London via Washington DC so I was toying with the idea (if they would let me) to have a day stopover there.

Yes I wanted to come to US for years and now I finally pluck up the courage.
I guess the idea of visiting lots of lovely friends helped me to make that decision

It won't be cheap but it will be worth it and yes you said I deserve it so I gladly suffer through months of beans on toast Laughing (not it won't be that bad and I will have to start some serious saving up)

yes, it always helps to have housing taken care of as wlel, and a local to show you the area.

just sent a text to my relief requesting that she be on time because i will be walking out the door at 7:00 AM whether she be here or not.

yes it does help but that's not the main reason for the trip - that's just nice cherry on top.

You need your sleep hun?

i wasnt saying that it was. : D
Just nice!

No, I have somewhere I need to be... actually need to be there AT 7:00.... but a few minutes late will ahve to do.

and I am tired of always having to wait on her..... she is LATE everyday!!!!!

Gonna go ahead and log off now so i can run out the door at 7:00

catch ya tomorrow AM!
XOXOXOXOX

byeee Kijo and good luck with your "appointment".

XOXOXOXOX

back from lunch - looks like still no-one around.

will be lurking in case anyone shows up

checking in.. have peeked many times throughout the day, figured I should leave a note at least

Zoonie, I'm sorry to hear about IMOM, I'm sure you'll both land on your feet. I don't blame you about PS; it has become a bit overwhelming for me - too many activities to keep up with and everything fun is too expensive. The only thing keeping me in the game is the wonderful people.

Bee wrote:

LA to Seattle on coach is 23 hours (the girl in travel agent done it herself so she told me).

That actually sounds quite quick to me, but I suppose when you don't have to stop at motels to sleep, it's a lot quicker. congratulations If one were to drive from LA to Seattle on their own it would take 2-3 days with stopping to sleep and rest and eat and such!

Have you thought about what you want to see in LA? congratulations

Hope everyone is doing well

Mindy the only think I can think of right now (no I have not done any research yet) is
a) the Hollywood sign
b) Universal Studios (but I'm guessing that will be quite pricey)
someone told me that if I'm going to be in LA that I will have to take a trip to Las Vegas but I'm not sure about that

Mindy I promise I will read up on LA soon - I'm planning to stay about 3 days so we'll see what we can fit in. As this is your home town and you've been everywhere at least 3 times Laughing what would you recommend as MUST SEE?

Greyhound coach trip from LA to Seattle on 6 June 2011 (random date picked)

advance fare price $83
travel time (the shortest one with 1 transfer) 1 day 1 hour 45 minutes

still lurking in case anyone comes in congratulations