Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Weird food combernations

My children have just told me I'm disgusting for dipping my mint matchmakers into my wine, but to me that is the only way to eat them! I've been doing this for 18 years and I'm not going to stop now

In case you dont know, mint matchmakers are sticks of mint flavoured chocolate mmmmmmmmm

Do any of you have weird food combernations that you eat/drink??

Sven and I both enjoy our Christmas stollen with salami. Most non northern Germans think we're nuts for eating it that way. Christmas stollen is like a good tasting cake pastry with powdered sugar on top of it.

Here in Dominican Rep. we have a dessert that we eat on easter that is called "Habichuelas con dulce" meaning Sweet beans, you shoud think is crazy but is very good, sweet and silky, doesnt even taste like beans xD. We eat it with little cookies.

Ursula wrote:
I eat pieces of cheese with chocolate tablets Laughing

I love chocolate with cheese xD I like to dip cheese sandwiches in hot chocolate milk Laughing

Gabs Giggles wrote:
Here in Dominican Rep.
I got married in the dominican republic...just thought I would share that with you Laughing

lea75 wrote:
Gabs Giggles wrote:
Here in Dominican Rep.
I got married in the dominican republic...just thought I would share that with you Laughing

Oh! thats cool, where you went, what places you visited?

ermmmmmmmmmmmm Ashamed

You'll have to ask Kasi...she;s better at remembering the names lol

lea75 wrote:
Gabs Giggles wrote:
Here in Dominican Rep.

whoa! really? way cool!!

~~~~~~~~~
i eat tons of weird stuff but to me it's all normal! Laughing i only realize it's weird cuz my husband gets green in the face!! LaughingLaughing
dill pickles with anything sweet..like ice cream or chocolate chip cookies. i know i know..gross, but i like it.
or
there's this korean fermented soy bean soup that smells like death but i grew up on it so it's pretty tasty to me... and a lot of other korean food that doesn't smell all too great, but i love it all the same

the best is the pickles though. love dill pickles with somethin sweet!!

lea75 wrote:
ermmmmmmmmmmmm Ashamed

lol! ok xD Laughing

lea75 wrote:
ermmmmmmmmmmmm Ashamed

It was north of the Island .,can't remember exactly where but Luperon rings a bell ....somewhere near there for sure

Why Go
A small village situated around a mile from the coast, Luperón appeals to those who want a holiday in the Dominican Republic without the tourist hustle and bustle. A holiday to Luperón provides all the peace you need to enjoy a relaxing break, with everything you would ever want provided in the all-inclusive hotel backing onto the beach.

Ciudad Marina - or Marina City - is where most of the tourist amenities can be found. Puerto Blanco Marina and the Luperón Marina and Yacht Club attract yachting enthusiasts, who when they’re not cruising the Caribbean waters, are supping rum in one of the marina bars. If you know where to look, you can certainly find some lively bars, hidden in the town or tucked away by the marina on your Luperón holiday.

The actual town of Luperón, quaintly rural, boasts daily markets, a variety of stores, a couple of discos, and two ice cream parlours. The locals embrace tourism and have typically friendly Dominican demeanours. Luperón and surrounding area of Puerto Blanco are popular destinations for British expats (or Gringos!) - due to the relaxed and uncomplicated way of life - not to mention the bright Caribbean holiday sun. Occupying the eastern half of the isle of Hispaniola, the Dominican Republic holidays enjoy year-round sunshine, some of the best beaches in the Caribbean and a lush interior.

Found it! This is where we went

Puerto Plata is beautiful and has a colorful victorian architecture , we have a little of a lot of cultures in us. =D

lea75 wrote:

Why Go
A small village situated around a mile from the coast, Luperón appeals to those who want a holiday in the Dominican Republic without the tourist hustle and bustle. A holiday to Luperón provides all the peace you need to enjoy a relaxing break, with everything you would ever want provided in the all-inclusive hotel backing onto the beach.

Ciudad Marina - or Marina City - is where most of the tourist amenities can be found. Puerto Blanco Marina and the Luperón Marina and Yacht Club attract yachting enthusiasts, who when they’re not cruising the Caribbean waters, are supping rum in one of the marina bars. If you know where to look, you can certainly find some lively bars, hidden in the town or tucked away by the marina on your Luperón holiday.

The actual town of Luperón, quaintly rural, boasts daily markets, a variety of stores, a couple of discos, and two ice cream parlours. The locals embrace tourism and have typically friendly Dominican demeanours. Luperón and surrounding area of Puerto Blanco are popular destinations for British expats (or Gringos!) - due to the relaxed and uncomplicated way of life - not to mention the bright Caribbean holiday sun. Occupying the eastern half of the isle of Hispaniola, the Dominican Republic holidays enjoy year-round sunshine, some of the best beaches in the Caribbean and a lush interior.

Found it! This is where we went

ohhh, i like it! i forwarded this to my hubby. congratulations *fingers crossed*

smorkle wrote:

ohhh, i like it! i forwarded this to my hubby. congratulations *fingers crossed*

Good luck hun, hope you come here! In Puerto Plata theres an adventure park called Ocean World you should google it Smile also Punta Cana, Samana, Casa de Campo and Bahia de las Aguilas those are other great beaches too.

I should change my career to travel agent xD

ohhh, i love water parks! my husband and i are trying to plan a big trip for next year and were considering jamaica again but i think this place sounds even better!!!

In christmas, I usually eat/drink something warm,
like hot chocolate

Also, Roti Bakar Coklat Keju (Roast Toast with chocolate and cheese)
Crunchy, also sweet and creamy Smile

I remembered that a friend likes to eat french fries with chocolate sundae xD
Shes crazy!

But i like to eat french fries with mashed potatoes and gravy