Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lazar

Violin issues...

This is the time in my life where I decide weather or not my future will be what everyone else thinks should be, or something else still waiting to be revealed.

Ever since I've started middle music school, my violin teacher has became greedy and I've created a phobia from him. Every time I go to his classes I am scared what he might say. I have a sort of awe for him.

I've asked some of my 2nd grade friends how was his altitude towards them and they said the same things that I am going trough right now.

Time passed by and today I realize that he has changed and that I have to accept it.

The new problem came. Remember the Sarasate violin piece that I've put on the boards a few months ago? The one I was supposed to play this year? Well, it seems that there isn't even a P from the word PLAY.

He is always giving me etudes and every single class another one comes. I now have 5 etudes that I have to practice, which is waaay over the limit for me. I've asked my friend what he gave her when she was 1st grade, and she said the same.

Just thinking of etudes gives me the chills. I am extremely bored with them, but he can't understand it.

It's like watching, for example, your finger all day. At first it's interesting, but when the time passes by, it becomes really boring and you just want to do something else, something better.

Well, I want to play the same composition that I've put on the board a efw months ago, but I am too afraid to tell him that, because I don't know how is he going to react on the situation...

Does anyone have any good advice to give me? I am really in a tricky position right now.

You have to remember that your teacher is still a human being. He might have a reason for the way he is teaching you so please be patient. It won't be very persuasive of you if you tell him you don't want to play the etudes because they're boring. But it's still worth it to ask him about playing that other piece. The worse that could happen is he can say no. If however he is a bully and you think he might be harder on you for asking, then don't. You should know best what to do in your situation. You could also have your parents bring it up with him. Sorry my advice is not very helpful...but the best thing to do is be patient for now. :/

Well at first he mus be more experienced that you and in orer to give you to practice that pieces he has a purpose in his mind so us you are able to get more dfficult pieces later, maybe that's his tactic for doing this to everyone,

Then I believe that you should talk to him honestly how you feel and explain him what you wanna do , play what you posted a few months ago because fear is not going to lead you anywere, you should trust your teacher not afraid of him!

or maybe to explain you why he is giving to practice that pieces and ask him if he could could give you something else for a change! If you do not talk i him , he won't be able to read your mind!

and talk to your parents about it I'm sure they'll understand you and advise better that I do.

hope everything going to be alright! take the courage and open yourself tand face your problems that I know that you'll able to deal with them! take care!

I took piano leassons for years when I was a child, I remember having the same experiences as you regarding how boring was to practise the same exercises every day, of course once I was near being a teenager I quit lessons and my parents couldnt make me return to take them again, my sister who was more disciplined than me is a good piano player now (she quit years later than me), and I cant play one single piece fine

Boring repetitive exercises are a must in order to be a good player, it is the same as athlets, they do same thing again and again and again
Now I know that

Your teacher is a teacher, he knows how to do that, to teach

My advice would be, be patient, teacher will give you another exercises when you will be ready not earlier

Hun, if you really want to learn and play well, you will need to be patient. If you quit now, you'll probably regret it later. Now is when you have to learn things, even if it's hard to do, because a few years later you'll have less time and less brain plasticity.

Studying is studying: first time can be funny, but when you have to memorize things, you need to repeat them all you can bear. It gets boring most of the times, but you'll receive a prize over the time. You're in a difficult age, you want everything now (as all of us did when we were teens), but if you work hard now, you won't have regrets in the future