Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucky Strike

Help in bibliography

I'm writting a paper on Edgar Allan Poe and I need some history backround in the America in the beggining of the 19th century... Anyone has any idea on where can I find info like that?

Thank you Smile

just to clarify, you want information on edgar allan poe OR you need information on america in the 1900's??

OR.....you need information on edgar allan poe in the 1900's in america? (i think that's what you want)...

well he was born in boston, massachusetts on jan 19, 1809. his mother died of tuberculosis and his father abandoned the family in 1810. he lived with a foster family with the surname of "allan" and that is where he get's the "allen"in his name.

he married one of his cousins. her name was virginia eliza clemm (poe) and she was only 13 years old. she also got tuberculosis and died in 1847.

umm.....he wrote lots of stuff and....

he died in 1849 on october 7th. his death was a mystery as they found him the day before on the streets delirious.

as for the 1900's i'm not sure cuz he passed away before that time.....

thank you smorkle Smile

19th century not 1900's the 19th is the 1800's.. hehe

I need info on what was going on in America then.. For example if navy people were bringing foreign animals, what was happening withthe crimes, who could help and generally what was going on..

I don't know were to look so I asked here congratulations

I caught that.

I would check Google, under American literature in the 19th century. There are probably some good literary sources listed there. If that doesn't help, try the Library of Congresss website. They would have not only historical references, but also literary ones.

Thank you! Btw.. I'm sooo happy that you know him! Most young people in Greece haven't even heard of him!!!! Mad