Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raymond

2010 F1 grid includes Campos, Manor and US GPE

The FIA has unveiled its 2010 team line-up, which ended up consisting of all existing teams and 3 new teams. The following is the team list:

1. AT&T Williams – Toyota
  2. BMW Sauber F1 Team – BMW
  3. Brawn GP Formula One Team – TBA
  4. Campos Grand Prix – Cosworth
  5. Force India F1 Team – Mercedes
  6. Manor Grand Prix – Cosworth
  7. Panasonic Toyota Racing – Toyota
  8. Red Bull Racing – Renault
  9. Renault F1 Team – Renault
  10. Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro – Ferrari
  11. Scuderia Toro Rosso – TBA
  12. Team US F1 – Cosworth
  13. Vodafone McLaren Mercedes – Mercedes

I’m not really sure of how they pick which new teams to slot in, but there were more teams competing for the 3 free slots than those who made it. The teams which did not made it are Lola, Aston Martin (Prodrive), Team Superfund, Brabham, Litespeed and N. Technology. I wonder why Prodrive did not make it, would have been nice to see Aston Martin in F1. Litespeed also did not make it, despite calling itself “Team Lotus” to try to ride on the past heritage of Lotus involvement in F1.
The current teams that have been listed as confirmed are stil against the £40 million budget cap. Especially Ferrari, who issued this statement: “Ferrari submitted on 29 May 2009 an entry to the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship which is subject to certain conditions. As of today, these conditions have not been met.
“Notwithstanding this and despite Ferrari’s previous written notice to the FIA not to do so, the FIA has included Ferrari as a unconditional participant in next year’s Formula One World Championship. For the avoidance of any doubt, Ferrari reaffirms that it shall not take part in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship under the regulations adopted by the FIA in violation of Ferrari’s rights under a written agreement with the FIA,” the Italians whose name have been pretty much synonymous with F1 added.

New team with Cosworth engine to power them up. Hmm..wonder if they would struggle to survive F1..

But it could be an advantage to these 3 teams coz their performance/feedback would be used by Cosworth to further improve the engine. The similar tactic currently being employed by Renault, Merc & Toyota.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong. Smile