Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atomkinder

HOT WHEELS at RM7.50 per card, logic?

It has already been overpriced back in 2009 when I started to collect it unlike some years ago when it was only RM5 each car... From RM5.90 to RM6.90 and now what, RM7.50? It is seriously overpriced so that's why I'm limiting to a couple of cars each month - which also means that I will fail to reach the target to acquire all the wanted cars.

There's nothing much we can do though.

EDIT:

Apparently, not only Malaysia that is suffering from this issue. Slovenia, US, UK and many other places are having the exact same issue. These small cars are getting more and more overpriced while we're earning less and less...

Guys,

Without the purchases, there'll be little future for the club. We will have what we already have...and that's it.

I guess (and it may have been suggested elsewhere in this forum, so please forgive me for my oversight) one of the things to do is 'persuade' mattel malaysia to reconsider or reduce such a high increase, for the long-term benefits of their business and their supporters (i.e. the club and any off-shoots) - (but I wonder why places got differing prices??)

I have been away from collecting for quite sometime...and just about to rekindle the love affair, but I guess have to focus on the segment, rather than trying to grab everything that I fancy.

note: even other manufacturers/brands (siku, tomica, yes even realtoy) have had their price increased.

Zedd_68 wrote:
I have been away from collecting for quite sometime...and just about to rekindle the love affair, but I guess have to focus on the segment, rather than trying to grab everything that I fancy.

I have been away from collecting for nearly 4 months already. The price is just too much for me at the moment. Doesn't mean I'll stop though, just my current financial situation is not suiting...

Hopefully Mattel can do something about this. I can honestly see more people stop collecting if they hike the price even more.