Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

laptop help !

my lap top wont always start up or wake up , sometimes will sometimes wont , the fan will run then i have to hold the button down till it shuts down again then start again , have reinstalled windows 7 , and has made no difference , once ist running it is fine , computercomputersurrender

does it do it once its been on for a while? could be the fan/cooler is full of dust/fluff! give it a clean out and try again. Could also be the CPU does have enough paste on it causing it to overheat or it could just simply be knackered! What make/model is it? helps narrow down a problem as some laptops ( toshiba C series for instance ) are known for boards/screen and hard drives dieing! )

its not over heating and turning off, you could leave it running all day and night , its when you turn it off it wont start up sometimes , its a aspire 5736

you got a monitor spare you can plug in? could be the backlight is on its way out which is why it will sometimes work, other times not. Hard to tell without having it physically in front of you Laughing

@fr499y wrote:
you got a monitor spare you can plug in? could be the backlight is on its way out which is why it will sometimes work, other times not. Hard to tell without having it physically in front of you Laughing
its not that , it as if the hard drive aint kicking in just the fan running , press and hold the button down , it will stop , then press the button again and it will start some times need to do it again , others it will start no problem thumbs

so the screen itself lights up absolutely fine? ( more details needed to narrow it down! ) Is there any clicking noises from the hard drive? a good sign that its on its way out or is buggered. Can throw plenty of things out there but full details of what it is and isn't doing, what is working etc help a lot thumbs

have you tried taking it to a really high building,at least 300 feet and launching it off the top,probably wont fix it but it will make you feel a lot better.

If you have another laptop you can try swapping the hard drives over, simple enough to do. Won't always be a perfect boot up if their from different laptop manufacturers but it should be able to give you an idea if the hard drive is on the way out.
I've done this a few times on my old gateway laptop and my sisters Toshiba one.

just found a old hard drive from my old laptop that i punched the screen and broke Embarassed loaded windows 7 again and looks if i am back in action thumbs