• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cook Crush

Lansing, MI - Common Ground Music Festival - July 10th

*Tickets here *

Looks like a new concert date:

Quote :
David Cook, Saving Abel, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Taddy Porter to perform at 10th Annual Common Ground Music Festival

Seventh season winner of "American Idol," David Cook,will take the Capital Region International Airport stage Friday, July 10.

Source

Info thanks to Tami

Quote :

Tickets for David Jul 10th go on sale this friday may 8th at 10 am est the office, but there is a link to buy tickets at star tickets plus on the commongroundfest.com website. Those will be available starting at 9 est. He explained the way the tickets work. You can buy a special ticket that gets you an assigned seat 50 rows back from the stage. But GA is standing room only in front of the stage. Then there is a section for people who brought their own chairs behind that and then these 'assigned' seats. I said 'so if you want to be closest to the stage the best bet is just getting GA ticket' and he said 'yep, and then just get there early to hold your spot'.

Yay Michigan! I may be in Florida all summer, but its nice to see my home state getting some concert love. If this was closer to Rothbury I would probably consider it. Oh well, no big deal. Smile

YAY!!! this is 45min from home!!! Definitely do-able!!

Just gotta figure out how to order tickets...it isn't working for me.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO there!!!!! This just made my freaking day!!!!

C'mon Kim-it'll be fun!!!! And it's 2 weeks before my birthday...Happy birthday to me LOL

haha dont tempt me. i almost think i need to either rent a RV and straight up travel the country during my summer ( because its obvious he isnt going to be staying on the west coast for any extended period of time..more like 3 shows 2 months apart) or plane hop around the country and try to bum rides and places to stay..lol

Oh Come on Kim!!! You can come to MI!! It's beautiful here in the summer!!!

Yay! I'm so there. If he's adding these Michigan dates, does that mean he's closer to coming back to WI? scratch Milwaukee perhaps Very Happy But no matter what me thinks that this is going to be the best summer evah! Great (as terry would say)

I'm there!!!! This show is a lot closer to me than I thought it would be. Yahoo!

haha dont tempt me. i almost think i need to either rent and RV and straight up travel the country during my summer ( because its obvioous he isnt going to be staying on the west coast for any extended period of time..more like 3 shows 2 months apart) or plane hop around the country and try to bum rides a and places to stay..lol

Come to the darkside we have COOKIES Razz
Oh and think of it this way-Lansing is only 3 hours from Valpo.....You came to Valpo-in a blizzard no less--I can guarantee we won't have a blizzard in July-may be hotter than hell-but you're used to that right????

wonder when tix go onsale? ive been buying them for like every show i remotely think i might attend. but then if i dont i can just sell the ticket. so far ive not sold any but VB..lol. and i exchanged MA and CT for VB so i dunno if that even counts!

thing is i have to prioritize. there are shows i have tickets for in IA and MT july 24 and 25. its not really economical to go to MI then home ( or wherever) and then fly all the way back to the states next door a week later u know..and even if there were shows in between in the area thats still a lot of nights hotel and a car to rent and doing all that traveling alone..so yeah id have to pass if thats the case.

aww yeah that is ALOT of traveling....More than I would want to do...I'm just thrilled I don't have to wait till September now Great

@SV4DC wrote:
haha dont tempt me. i almost think i need to either rent and RV and straight up travel the country during my summer ( because its obvioous he isnt going to be staying on the west coast for any extended period of time..more like 3 shows 2 months apart) or plane hop around the country and try to bum rides a and places to stay..lol

Come to the darkside we have COOKIES Razz
Oh and think of it this way-Lansing is only 3 hours from Valpo.....You came to Valpo-in a blizzard no less--I can guarantee we won't have a blizzard in July-may be hotter than hell-but you're used to that right????

you got that right!!!

I just found out tickets go on sale on Friday morning...

Tickets for David [jul 10th] go on sale this friday [may 8th] at 10 am est the office, but there is a link to buy tickets at star tickets plus on the commongroundfest.com website. Those will be available starting at 9 est. He explained the way the tickets work. You can buy a special ticket that gets you an assigned seat 50 rows back from the stage. But GA is standing room only in front of the stage. Then there is a section for people who brought their own chairs behind that and then these 'assigned' seats. I said 'so if you want to be closest to the stage the best bet is just getting GA ticket' and he said 'yep, and then just get there early to hold your spot'.

I believe it is startickets.com same as what they used for Allegan...

yes it is...star tickets plus. They have the rest of the week on there..but not Friday yet. (I edited my post.....this was info a friend got for me.)

Is there any way to find out how many tickets will be available?? I probably won't be able to get mine till next Friday...

I don't know.

I thought about taking my kids to this...so they don't have to wait til Sept...but then there's no way they could handle waiting in a GA line. So I guess they wait for Allegan. At least that one is assigned seats for them.

so tickets go onsale at 6am my time..lol sooooo not even attempting to get them now. unless there are some still available an hour later when i get up at 7 or 7:30!

i read all the on the website tami. there was a section that explained those tickets for $10 extra to get an assigned seat. a ticket to the shows itself for the day is $26. i was all oh sounds good. till i read ud be 100 ft from the state..lol i was all oh no..

I sent an email asking how many tickets will be available for this?
I will post if I get an answer.

I am considering this. Yes, David & The EEB has made me lose my mind!!

welcome to the club. ur hubby is going to divorce u soon..dunno how u will hide this one. . LOL flag

yeah, its getting harder to hide LOL Face

So in my email to them, I asked how many tickets will be available & also if they knew what time the show would be? The didn't quite answer my question about the amount of tickets
She did say the show should start about 8:30 or 9:00 but that is not confirmed & not concrete yet.
I emailed her back asking about the amount of tickets again.

okay so she is not going to answer me about the amount of tickets

My 2nd email to her
I have some friends that will not be able to buy them right when they go on sale, so that's why I asked about how many tickets will be sold for this.
We are wondering if you sell a certain amount? So we know how big of a hurry we need to be in to buy them.

Her reply
I’d love to tell you that you could take your time and wait, with the Festival being as large as it is (85,000+ people each year), but the reality of it is, I can never say for certain which shows will sell out and which are just solid sales all the way through.

85,000 people???? Shocked
Hmmm I guess I'm going to be begging the family for some $$ in the next couple days LMAO...

aw shit maybe i wil be up at 6am JIK i do decide to go..f i hate myself no self control!!!!

Guest Guest
4 HOURS AND 8 MINUTES from me! Very doable. I will officially be using all my vacation time for concerts this year. So very sad.

holy cow!! I had no idea it's that big of an event!! But it is in the state's capital and there are some big names coming for this.

I'll be buying mine on Friday morning.....tomorrow I'll be taking pop cans back for the deposit money to pay for it. LOL

EveAngelical wrote:
4 HOURS AND 8 MINUTES from me! Very doable. I will officially be using all my vacation time for concerts this year. So very sad.

YAY!!! Glad you'll be venturing up this way for this one!!!

I used to work for a company that gave us 5-6wks of vacation time. That was SOOOO nice. now...I don't get any.

Guest Guest

Yikes, Tami! I think I'll be giving blood for ticket money. Not quite that bad. Yet. Embarassed

I've decided I'm asking for an early birthday present Very Happy

The ticket sales always seem to hit on my off week for paydays. Why is that???? lol

thats why i have plasitc. my CC bill was supossed to be going down but its only going up Very Sad in the end i know ill be glad i did what i did though. ill have such awesome memories

as far as vacation time; ive got 13 weeks a year and ive still had to use 10 sick days..so yeah..thank god for summer!

yes, otherwise you'll be 100ft back or more. GA once again!!

I need to just start putting away some money and keeping it set aside for ticket sales. LOL

tami i do that. i set it up to automatically take $100 out of my bank account each month and put it into an ING online savings account. my mom says i should limit myself to only going to shows if i have enough money in that fund for a plane ticket and all other costs. im like yeah right mom.. so thats what one show every 4 or 5 months?? i dont think so.lol

yes, otherwise you'll be 100ft back or more. GA once again!!

I need to just start putting away some money and keeping it set aside for ticket sales. LOL

GA it is!!!!! I'm so excited. Yahoo!

I do too. I need to set aside at least $10 each week if I can for the "David Cook concert funds."

The ticket sales always seem to hit on my off week for paydays. Why is that???? lol

Same here. Plus the AI tickets go on sale this weekend. I have that covered-but if it comes to me choosing David or AI-I will get the tickets to see David-AI won't sell out.

glad i wont be doig the AI thing again. it was a one time deal and it kinda freaked me out..lol im not a 'lets all wear a certian color and get matching shirts and glow sticks' kinda girl. but i did it. by golly i did it for david cook!!

I'm glad I'm not going to the AI tour this year. There would be no way that I would be able to afford all this.

AI won't sell out and the best tickets aren't released until 2-3wks prior to the show. So go for David!! And it's cheaper!! LOL

glad i wont be doig the AI thing again. it was a one time deal and it kinda freaked me out..lol im not a 'lets all wear a certian color and get matching shirts and glow sticks' kinda girl. but i did it. by golly i did it for david cook!!

Yeah I hear that LOL. I wanna go to AI simply to see Adam. But I'm only going to 1 show-at the end of the tour and I have a previous commitment the day of that concert so no waiting at the buses for me. I still want good seats-basically because I've been spoiled that way. But yeah-no matching clothes this time--that was a little wierd looking back LMAO.

michigan..mmmm thats so far away..but its in july....
Michigan is beautiful in the summer and it stay light out until about 9:30

YAY! Finally a closer one for me and its on a Friday I-96 and I am there. The Michigan State Fair hasn't announced who they are having I hope we are lucky again. Cmon David you keep getting closer and closer. I sent and email requesting him and other Michiganian do the same thing.

Just under 4 hours from me. Count me in on this one! Very Happy

God every new tour date being added is tempting for me. I don't really have the money right now, but dangit I can't wait until October (Perry) for another tour date! I think I'll just wait though to see what other dates David announces, for the second leg of the tour. Maybe then I'll start planning for another trip.

You should come, Jess! Yahoo!

I'm so excited about this one!!!! It's exactly 1 hour from me so this is officially the closest he's come since the Idol tour. I'm so glad it's a Friday so I only have to use 1 vacation day. I like the idea of general admission. I think all my other festival shows are assigned seats.

I got an awesome surprise today. I won an award at work that comes with 3 extra paid vacation days!!! My co-workers were like, "oh, shit! that means she'll be seing 3 more david cook concerts." Laughing Thank goodness... I was burning through them pretty quickly. This brings me up to 28 days for the year. I never thought I would use them all on concerts but we'll see!

Hmmmmm... some of us will be in Akron when tickets go on sale. We will have to figure something out... well if that damn lottery is true I guess we don't need to be in line at 9 a.m.

congrats on ur award! wow 28 days is a lot for normal jobs right? i say normal because im used to my 13 weeks ..lol thats normal for me. but for most jobs its only 2 weeks or so i thought..

congrats on ur award! wow 28 days is a lot for normal jobs right? i say normal because im used to my 13 weeks ..lol thats normal for me. but for most jobs its only 2 weeks or so i thought..

Thanks! I think it is a lot more than normal companies. I started with 2 weeks but I've been there 7 years... actually to the date since today was my anniversary. 13 weeks is like unheard of around hear unless you count summer off for teachers. I hope they add some more west coast dates for you this summer!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.