Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

<3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WORD NERD HOME!!!

Guest Guest

On June 11th, 2008, the "Rocking the Vote for DC" forum was transformed into the "Home of the Word Nerds". Today is our first anniversary!!!

The WaveHappy Birthday!The Wave

To properly celebrate our first year of life, we are inviting all of you to a party chat on today from 7 to 12 pm EST and also to leave your impressions here.

But that's not the end of the festivities we have planned! We are going to give out 5 gifts to be raffled among our members, consisting of $ 20 Amazon gift cards each!!! One of the gifts is going to be awarded among members who join our chat on today and the other 4 among all our members. Joy dance

Some reflections:

What was once only wishful thinking, or at best, a vision some David Cook's fans had, became a reality a year ago. However, never in our wildest dreams did we dare to expect that this "Home" away from home we were opening would grow and flourish the way it did, having nearly 3,700 members and more than 728,000 posts a year from that day!

For most of us, the moment David uttered the words "I'm a huge Word Nerd" was like being struck by lightning and made us take a closer look at that singer from whom we had only listened to one or two songs. So we adopted the term "Word Nerds" to represent David Cook's fanbase in the AI boards. At that time, we were only that, a fanbase.

During the last year, we've become much more than just a fanbase and the term Word Nerd now defines a community. We laughed, cried, got angry, screamed, danced, drooled, sang, gave back, shared, helped and so much more... and we did it all together!

So thanks to each and everyone of you for making this the bestest place to be Awww Love And in the words of our very own idol, David Cook, being here together is our daily anthem, so let's sing along...

It’s a daily anthem
Would you sing my song at the top of your lungs
And we’ll all sing along, we’ll all sing along

Whoa!!!Whoa!!!Whoa!!!Whoa!!!Whoa!!!

Guest Guest

It's amazing that a year has gone by already Shocked since we were finally able to transform the RTV forum into the Home! Even before David won, we were making plans to do this transformation as we knew that winning or not, he would have a great career and we were behind him 100%.

Now a year after that, we have become a tight, caring, funny (somewhat crazy) community! Thanks to all for being a part of it!

Group Hug1

Guest Guest
Happy Birthday to the Home!

What a great year this has been. I've made so many new friends here... been privledged to meet and travel to David's concerts with some, others I only know through our conversations... but I do feel like I've gained a second family... all of you!

Thank you to the Founders for starting this place, and to all of you for helping to make it so special. And of course to David, who is the reason it all came about.

I wish us many more happy years together here, as we follow not only David's career, but the paths our lives take us on.

Happy Birthday, Word Nerd Home! Happy Birthday, Word Nerd Home! Happy Birthday, Word Nerd Home!

Wow. One year. And what a year it has been. Happy Birthday WNH! I love it here. This is my go to place for everything David Cook. I have had more fun, laughs, and tears here. It is home for me. Love all you guys.

See ya all in the chat tonight.

Happy B-Day,Word Nerds!!
Happy Birthday!
Is so good to share this.Many happy returns for us! Dancin Smiley
David give me friends here!!Is his fault!! LOL Face
The WaveGroup Hug1The Wave
Group Hug1

Happy birthday, Word Nerds! Yahoo!

Who would have thought a year ago that by now we'd have over 728,000 posts made here about David Cook? Shocked More than any other David Cook site!

Thank you, everyone who has been a part of this community for making it so special.

I can't believe it's already been a year! But it has been such a great one!
Hopefully we will all be here for many more years to come! Very Happy

Happy Birthday, Word Nerd Home! Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday WNH . It has been One of the Most Exciting year for me since i first saw David in his Audition and from that point on Its been Crazy Fun and most of the fun was spent with Others Here In This Home. I have to Thank Stacy beacuse she is the First Friend i made way back in the AI Thread , but i have made many many Great Friends here Thanks To Our Man Mr David R Cook. Many of you here , Made, Tricia, and alot of my home friends have been so nice to this old lady here who can't even figure out all this modern technology I Thank you For ALL THE HELP you have given me and i Dearly Appreciate ALL you have done for me . HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY And Many more to come as we continue to follow the Best Rock Star IMO any ways of our time. Happy Birthday!The Wave

YAY! Wow, one year already? That's crazy! I've gotta say, we've had some really great times in here, whether it's laughing our asses off or crying our eyes out. I'm so glad that we have become close and I hope it continue to stay that way! Happy Birthday Word Nerds! Yahoo!GiftHappy Birthday!The Wave <As you can tell, I'm really excited LOL

wow, happy birthday guys! i joined three days later...

WOW! A year already! Where has the time gone? I know - HERE! I am here whenever I can be - I may not post much, but I am here everyday!

Thank you to everyone that had a part in putting this site together, it is my one stop David Cook shop!

Congratulations to us and here are to many more years together!!

Guest Guest
Happy Birthday Word Nerd Home! Whoa!!!

It has been one amazing year~full of laughs,tears and many wonderful memories!

Most of all, it has given me some of the best new friends! It is hard to imagine that one man could bring so many people together~for that I will always be thankful to David Cook!

Thank you to the founders who took the time and effort to create this wonderful site. Thanks also to all who have joined and contributed to make this site truly a Home! I am so proud to be a member and mod here!

Wishing everyone many more fun years here as we continue to grow along with David's career! Uber hug

Thank You Word Nerd Home!!! It's been a great crazy year. One of the craziest years of my life. But I love it and wouldn't want it to have been any other way.

I have made great friends here and met many of you over the past few months.

Can't wait for the chat tonight....I might be a little late, because the boys have a t-ball game tonight. I'll be there as soon as I can though.

I cant belive its been a year ! Wow! Shocked It was an amazing year full of all kinds of memories and i couldnt be happy to celebrate this w/all you guys. This site is the best and it sure gave me alot of new friends that I love so much!

Happy Birthday Wordnerd Home!!! Group Hug2Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday, Word Nerd Home Happy Birthday!

Can't believe it's been a year already, And what a wonderful year that was. Thank you to the founders for giving us this amazing home, where we shared in the past year, all the happy times as well as the sad. Thank you everyone who contributed and made the home as great as it is. I love coming here everyday, get my daily fix and talk to all the amazing friends I made here.

I'm sure we'll have many more wonderful years as we keep following David's soaring career together.

The WaveThe WaveThe Wave

WOW! It's been one amazing year!!!! I've met a whole lot of great people here. It's wonderful being able to support one person ending on supporting more than 5 people and staying on a place that you love. It's a great year and expecting more years to come!!!

Thanks to all the mods and to all the people who made this place extremely awesome. Great

Group Hug2Blow Kisses

Wow, one year already since a ton of us were sent to banned camp on the AI boards for promoting this site! Oh, the memories...

One year later, I still love coming here. Not only for the latest David news, but for some of the great posts that people make here. Everybody feels comfortable with everybody else here, and that makes a site a home. Smile

Happy Birthday!HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WORD NERD HOME! Happy Birthday!

I was late in join and it took me awhile to stop being shy and post.Now that I am posting this is one of the best sites on the web and full of a bunch of really cool peeps!Thanks for all the laughs and David goodies you all share.I can always count on this place to make me smile!Looking forward to many more years of fun!Thank you to all the admin/mods for making this place so wonderful!

Wow! O"ne whole year!?! I joined about 2.5 weeks after WNH was created.
WNH has done soooo much for me me! Thank you mods for all the hard work you have done, all the effort you have put into this forum. And even though there have been some ups and downs (especially recently), thank you to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER! The WNH wouldnt be nearly as awesome without all of the members!

Happy Birthday HWN!! Happy Birthday!
This is my favorite site ever!!!
Love the people here!

Happy birthday WNH!! Tomarrow is my 1 year anniversary on here! I'm so glad to be a part of such a wonderful fanbase ( LOL flag ) ! I'll think of something more sentimental to post on here later. LOL Face

Has it really been a full year since I lost my mind? Razz

I remember being so intrigued by this David Cook guy and remembering how his fans called themselves "word nerds". So I literally Googled "David Cook Word Nerds" and this site was the very first link on the list. And I've been here ever since! I've met some amazing people, been on some wild trips, and had one hell of a great time since June 17, 2008. This is my one-stop-shopping place for all things David-related. I've tried multiple times (unsuccessfully!) to wean myself off of here, but I always find myself right back in that David Discussion thread!

Happy Birthday, WNH! Happy Birthday! Here's to another year of insanity and fun! Cheers!!

Happy Birthday WNH!

Thanks to all who made this site possible. Last year, after Season 7 ended and the participation on the AI Boards started to peeter out, including the DC forums, it was such a relief to find a new home for us DC enthusiasts! No other DC site can rival this one, simply because the design, format, content and the people here are simply the best! Here's to many more years of enjoying and sharing! Group Hug1

Aww.. crap. I wasn't ready to cry today! Crying non-stop

What is a year at the Home for me? I used to refer to it as "an escape from reality," but hey... nothing is more REAL to me now than the friendship I've found here. It IS my reality.
I always consider myself as an expressive person, but I think this past year, I've demonstrated much more emotions than the years before combined. All the tears of joy, of sorrow, even of laughter, and the laughter itself... all the craziness, the confusion, questions, answers... smile, happiness, regret (of missing any Cookie crumbs)... The friends I made (and still am making)... the mods I respect so much... y'all who posted amazing news, articles, pictures, videos, useful links... posters, lurkers, visitors... I LOVE YOU ALL!! Blow Kisses

Happy Birthday, Word Nerds Home! Happy Birthday!
The Wave

Here's for many more years to come:
Cheers!!

Oh.. and special Thank You! to every MODS who helped make this site possible, who do their job amazingly, and who make this home feels sooo comfortable! Awww Love

I'm Not Worthy!

WOW! A whole year already. That is so crazy. I can't thank everyone enough for all the fun times and great people I have met on here. All I can do is thank the word nerds who told me about this site because I can't imagine not having found it and how alone I would feel with out it. I know that if I miss a day on here I will feel left out from my second family, that sometimes feels like even closer than my real family. lol But I have to say that I love you all and I so can't wait to be here for the second anniversary next year.

Guest Guest
This year just flew by! Thank you to all of the mods and forum members who helped make this a year to remember!

Has it really been a year since I got an invite from my AI dot com inbox to join a site made especially for Word Nerds, those dedicated, witty, silly, sometimes naughty, fun and devoted fans of David Cook? Shocked

This place has become my home on the web. It's a place to continue on with the zaniness and amazing memories of the AI site. I love it here! The mods do an awesome job running things. Everyone who contributes - whether it be news links, pictures, videos, creative writing, personal reflections, you all make this place what it is. I have made lots of new friends here and I'm in it for the long haul.

Thank You! for everything. Group Hug2Blow Kisses

Guest Guest
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR HOME!!!!!!!!

What a year it has been! Our community ROCKS!!!!!

Here's to MANY MORE YEARS!! cheerscheerscheers

Wow, I can't believe it was a year ago today that I signed up for this place! I remember being on the AI forums when everyone started talking about leaving. I am so glad that I got the invite and signed up here. I have met some really nice people from here, both on the boards and in person. Like some of you, this is my go to place for everything David Cook. I also know that I can always come here for a pick me up. No matter how down I am and no matter what thread I pick to read, there is always something in it that will make me laugh or at least smile. Thanks Mods for making this place great. Thanks to everyone for being a part of my life. Thanks for all the stories, pictures, videos, etc. Thanks for all the support that everyone gives, not just to David but to each other. As long as this place is around, I will continue be a member. I love you guys!

Happy birthday!!! Terry\'s fav word

I CANNOT believe it's been a year since I joined "The Home". I remember everyone getting PMs about the link and stuff back at AI.com, and trying to make sure that everyone knew about this site. Then when we were all here everyone was excited about not being sent to banned camp by the Mods. hahaha, good times.

Guest Guest

love this... Terry\'s fav word LOL!

Happy birthday to the Home and all it's occupants. This place has really made the last year of my very interesting and I am grateful for every single moment.

Happy Birthday!

And really just because it makes me laugh...

Terry\'s fav word

Guest Guest
Terry\'s fav word I love that!

We're so easily entertained. LOL Face

Happy Birthday Word Nerd Home!! Thanks to EVERYONE for making the last year so special! And many more to come. Blow Kisses

Terry\'s fav word <--I think I missed something, lol!

Why did we add this anyway? Terry\'s fav word Haha, I'm too easily amused by these things.

We should have an easy button.

It was added because of David, um oops I mean Terry, stealing Kelly's bell and dinging it and claiming that his favorite word is "DING" and then ringing the bell after every little thing that was said.

Now that I'm out of work....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WN HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo!Yahoo!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WORD NERDS

I can't believe it has been a year allready. I go back and watch the top 20 where we heard "Yes, A Word Nerd" for the first time and can't believe how much has changed. We have shared happy times, sad times, hilarious times and OMG moments . There is no other place I would go for those moments. WNH is the best place to cheer you up, being OMG pictures of David and EEB or videos. I hope there will be many more years of these moments.

Also, with the help of David/Dale we got to meet Terry Terry\'s fav wordROFLOL

Rachel

wow!!!one year!
I accidentally came here.and I saw happy birthday Very Happy it brought many memories back.I'm sorry because I don't come here anymore,but you girls, you will always be in my heart,and David of course,who I'm listening now.
Happy b-day to our home Group Hug1

Aw, ananda, thanks for dropping back in to say hi!

And thanks for ALL the kind words in here for everyone! Awww LoveAww. donuts!

It's been a year of sharing thoughts and experience-David or not David-related and we are all became friends in this Home.This is the best place ever! And it is such a pleasure being in here. I love being a Word Nerd!

Happy Birthday WN Home!! Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday!Group Hug2Group Hug2

keep3199.jpg

I can't believe it has been a year already, and that I joined in the first day.

I can remember as if was yesterday when I was helping writing invites on the Idol forum.

You don't have any idea how therapeutic and helpfull (specially in improving my english) this has been.

Thanks to everyone for making this place so fun to be in it.

Happy Birthday!

Guest Guest

Here's a little gift to everyone to help celebrate our birthday! If he looked at me like that I probably wouldn't survive to see the WN Home's second birthday.
 35039011.jpg

Guest Guest
love plode

Geez, Barb... you trying to kill us all before the chat starts?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.