Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Something I discovered

I know this doesn't directly involve the game, but it does involve cash shop purchases, specifically here in Europe and I thought I would share what I discovered.

For those of you who buy cash coins directly from Playfish, I'd stop and buy them through the credit system that Facebook has.

I didn't think that this was possible, but I actually save money buying them through the credits, AND I end up with a few extra credits.

Here's what I discovered:

for 15,45 € I can buy 240 Facebook credits.
for 18,00 € I can buy 120 Playfish cash.

At the same instant, I can turn around and buy 120 Playfish Cash for 200 Facebook Credits.

That's a 3,45 € difference and I receive (at least now) 40 extra credits for each purchase of 200 credits. So when I do that, I end up with credits and savings.

That means: When you buy Playfish Cash directly from Playfish, you actually pay more than when you buy it through Facebook. At least that is how it is here. In other places, it might not be that big of a difference.

Just thought I'd pass that bit of news on.

Here I can buy 200 FB credits for 15,45 € and 120 PF cash for 18 €. Thanks for letting us know that. I wonder why PF cash is more expensive from PF >.<

that is really good to know..thanks hun..I might try this when I nexzt buy cash coins..see if it works out cheaper in stirling as well xx

My guess is it might. I was completely surprised by the overt difference with the pricing. I mean; 3,45 € may not be a lot of money, but when you buy several rounds of CCs, it does add up and after three different purchases of credits, then one sees the difference.

Wow that's a bit silly that its more expensive to buy them directly from Playfish. Surely it should be more expensive buying them from a second party sorta thing?
Thankyou for the information though Yvette, I'll have to have a look if its the same in the UK congratulations

Had a look at this and it works out more expensive to buy them through facebook credits in the UK

Buying directly I can get 120 cash coins for £12
However using facebook credits for 120 cash coins costs £13.12 Sad

It must be due to the exchange rate Sad

lea75 wrote:
Had a look at this and it works out more expensive to buy them through facebook credits in the UK

Buying directly I can get 120 cash coins for £12
However using facebook credits for 120 cash coins costs £13.12 Sad

It must be due to the exchange rate Sad

Ohhh that's a shame then Sad

Thank you for sharing this information Yvette, I actually never thought to check it out. Definitely worth a try the next time I buy some congratulations