Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

Emily Richett interview - FOX 17 - It's UP!

^It happens when David turns on his "Ipod". Very Happy

ROFLOL Ipod!! Oh, the memories! I feel like we've had some nice ones lately...the magic rainbow picture with the unicorn, the clip of TWIK, now the iPod... Wow, we've all gone through some really funny and great things together over the past 16 or so months at WNH. Awww Love

Hey guys - I'm here. I was very excited to hear my question asked, with my name, no less! I had told Emily I didn't expect he would answer it in any kind of straightforward way and of course he didn't. I've had several people tell me on Twitter they think by his answer he was implying that those who think it's about sex are right but I think they are just hearing what they want to hear, I did not see ANYTHING in his words or body language that could make you think that! It is kinda nice to let everyone have their own interpretation but I for one DO like to know what the artist intended, so I still hope one day he might divulge it.

@Jane62 wrote:
Hey guys - I'm here. I was very excited to hear my question asked, with my name, no less! I had told Emily I didn't expect he would answer it in any kind of straightforward way and of course he didn't. I've had several people tell me on Twitter they think by his answer he was implying that those who think it's about sex are right but I think they are just hearing what they want to hear, I did not see ANYTHING in his words or body language that could make you think that! It is kinda nice to let everyone have their own interpretation but I for one DO like to know what the artist intended, so I still hope one day he might divulge it.

WTG with your question, Jane! Maybe some time, you can convince him to whisper it in your ear. '8)

Great interview and it was good to see WN questions answered (or, in Jane's case, kinda' sorta' answered!).

I think the best part of the interview, aside from every time he laughs that adorable laugh, was at the very beginning when he was talking about the tour and simply said "I'm happy". Awww Love

I love that he keeps bringing up how impressed he was with Aspen. I don't know why I like that so much, but I think it's because of all of the incredible things David has surely seen or experienced, something as simple and organic as scenery has left such an impression on him. It's a beautiful thing!

"Taco Bueno"!!!!
David, loveeee your Spanish pronunciation!!!

Mmmm actually the food that he was mentioning about, its called MexiDips. But here on Mexico we named them Totopos too. haha He forgot the guacamole.
Yummy, Im hungry!

Great interview! Jane, your question was great!!

And...where did they go after the interview? haha

I thought the whole interview and most of the Q&As were great except the body issues question. I thought that was a little tactless, and you could see David was uncomfortable with it. Jane's question was the highlight even if he did evade giving the answer. I guess he is a true artist and wants everyone to interpret the song in their own way. Or he just likes to keep us guessing.

This was a great interview, and he looked adorable, as always. But did anyone else think he seemed a bit nervous? Usually he doesn't show nerves but he almost seemed nervous. Poor Guy.

I didn't like the body image question either. That one made me (and him, I think) uncomfortable. But Jane I loved your question. And I loved his response. Way to go!!

^ Oh I so agree. I love the tight shirts, and the button down shirts that show off his chest and the lower part of his tummeh. Oh so lovely! He may not want to admit he has body issues, or maybe tugging at his shirt is just a nervous habit and he doesn't really have body issues... Hmm I wonder...

I suspect the shirt tugging is to attempt to hide a chubby... and I ain't talking about his tummeh. Wink

Laughing So Hard YouLOL Face Yeah, that's what I figured. Sometimes the shirt tugging correlates with a certain "problem" when he's on stage!

I would love to see that "problem" hehe. I'll look for it next time I see him live!

Odds are, the "problem" will manifest itself at your next concert. It usually happens at least once at every show. Did I Say That?ROFLOL

(I mean I looove the "problem" and would love to see it too!)
But on a extra note, I found sooo cute when he said he gets cotton mouthed at the moment he´s nervous.

So I got to the quest to find a video like that, and I just realized on his ER perfomance after the judge´s comments, haha he got cotton mouthed with Ryan! Oww... just wanted to add it.

Back to the "problem" show, fellas!

Man I wish I knew of his "problem" before because I would have looked for it. Hopefully I get to see another one of his concerts before the end of his tour but that is wishful thinking since the next closes is 6 1/2 hours away.... but I just might be crazy enough to go... make a small vacation out of it. I'll have to fight to be right up front though so I could see his "problem" up close and perosnal haha!

I think he might have been uncomfortable talking about body image issues with an attractive young female.

Guest Guest

^ That's probably true..... he has said before that he has body image issues.... and he implied that even in this interview when he said about Ted Nugent coming on stage in a loincloth and she said maybe he should do that and he said something like "ain't gonna happen"....

Anyways, cute interview. Cool to see so many people from here get their questions answered..... Great

It's getting harder and harder to (*snort*) see the problem these days because, one by one, he's added the guitar to every. single. song. but. ADAM.

lol, i was watching the vid and after a few minutes i realized that i wasn't really listening to what he was saying. i was just staring at him, i had to repeat watching it. Laughing

It's getting harder and harder to (*snort*) see the problem these days because, one by one, he's added the guitar to every. single. song. but. ADAM.

Aha! So that's the real reason for the guitar... He's probably not even playing it half the time; he just needs camouflage.

(But, seriously, does that really happen on stage? I've never seen it and really never looked for that to happen. Shocked )

Guest Guest

LOL, oh yes... it happens quite often. There are lots of pictures that prove it. Wink

Aha! So that's the real reason for the guitar... He's probably not even playing it half the time; he just needs camouflage.

(But, seriously, does that really happen on stage? I've never seen it and really never looked for that to happen. Shocked )

Oh, yeah, happens all the time. Check out the fanbase and naughty thoughts threads in the picture folder.

Though I think that the reason for the guitar all the freaking time now is not so much to hide Happy Dave as it is to have something to do with his hands 'cause he doesn't know what to do with them otherwise. Which to me is a big shame because when he does take the guitar off and think about his hands and body while he's performing, the mic and micstand action is freaking incredible and sensual and he can really connect with the audience a lot more.

^i want said pictures. The funny thing about his guitar is at the Fillmore show when things were getting thrown at him he said he would be really angry if something hit him in his special spot. And my thought was "don't worry you're protected by your guitar."
Now I'm gonna be searching for his "problem" in every video I watch.

I think he might have been uncomfortable talking about body image issues with an attractive young female.

Yeah, I think he felt very awkward when that question came up! Shocked It likely didn't help that a cute female was interviewing him too. He did seem a little nervous in general during that interview, maybe he was scared about the questions his fans would ask. ROFLOL

Crying non-stopCrying non-stop I'm baffled as to the insistence on the guitar. What's up with that, Dave? Maybe he's trying to camouflage the "problem" as was already mentioned. Scared!

Though I think that the reason for the guitar all the freaking time now is not so much to hide Happy Dave as it is to have something to do with his hands 'cause he doesn't know what to do with them otherwise. Which to me is a big shame because when he does take the guitar off and think about his hands and body while he's performing, the mic and micstand action is freaking incredible and sensual and he can really connect with the audience a lot more.

I also wish he'd use those big hands of his (get your minds out of the gutter! We are ALL Innocent). I'd love to see him perform more with his hands-arms, and some mic stand action.

I would really like to see him use the stage a lot more. And more mic love action is always welcome!

It'd be nice to see him work the whole stage more, yeah. But he seems attached to the guitar, and it's going to hold him back in that regard. Saddest

He is amazing when he does use the stage. And the fans love it when he does it especially the ones up front! He has a way with the crowd and he could do so much more with it.

He is amazing when he does use the stage. And the fans love it when he does it especially the ones up front! He has a way with the crowd and he could do so much more with it.

I agree. I know you were at the Fillmore show, too, and I was just so excited when he almost threw his guitar off of himself for the end of CBTM. It was like it all of a sudden became too cumbersome, and he had to get rid of it, and then YAY!!!! He worked the stage, the mic stand, all of it. That was one of the best things about him on AI. Billie Jean, Eleanor Rigby, ABMB... he just could work it. We all loved it, and that's part of why he won. He turned on a huge percentage of women in America; it's as simple as that. I wish he would just have the confidence in himself to do it again more often.

Maybe if we give him some wishful thinking, and encourage him to work the stage more without his guitar, maybe he'll get the picture. I also loved how he took his guitar off in the middle of CBTM, it was kind of out of nowhere, and he was trying to hand it off so quickly. I love when he works with the mic stand, he looks like a major rockstar. Plus his body is so freaking amazing, even though he doesn't have 6 pack abs! I know he's got the confidence in him, I just dont know where it went....

I just ventured over to the fanbase thread. I must admit that I've only peeked in there about two times because I just feel kind of icky when I look at pictures of him objectified in that way. But holy hell. Some of them are just blatantly obvious. I kind of feel sorry for him. But then again, I'm sure that there are times when his gifts are truly appreciated and utilized to their full potential.

Get your minds out of the gutter!! I'm talking about guitar playing! *uh, sure....*

(Must keep repeating: don't go in the fanbase thread, don't go in the fanbase thread....)

lol - I myself resisted the fanbase thread for MANY months. But now I go there sometimes. I think him thrusting the fanbase over my head at the release party... changed me. Embarassed

lol - I myself resisted the fanbase thread for MANY months. But now I go there sometimes. I think him thrusting the fanbase over my head at the release party... changed me. Embarassed

Seriously?..."thrusting the fanbase"...are you trying to kill us?

1:55 - the hand that drops just before he would have walked the fanbase right into it? Mine. These are the infamous release pants. This video is not suitable for those under the age of 18, so I'm putting it in spoiler tags. You might want a fan and glass of water handy.

Spoiler:

I just now got to watch this interview - awesome! Very Happy I always enjoy hearing him answer questions, especially when they allow him to be introspective. Which helps when you have original ones. The girl was really cute and I bet David thought so too. Wink

A few things: I'm curious as to who the favorite FWB is? Suspect LOL. He certainly knew who Chikezie was talking about. I'm also very pleased to see he's not giving up sex. Great Unless he wants to give it up to me, of course. *cough* And finally, it's always a pleasure to hear him say "moisture in my mouth". Shocked

And Kristen, this is full of win:

But then again, I'm sure that there are times when his gifts are truly appreciated and utilized to their full potential.

1:55 - the hand that drops just before he would have walked the fanbase right into it? Mine. These are the infamous release pants. This video is not suitable for those under the age of 18, so I'm putting it in spoiler tags. You might want a fan and glass of water handy.
Spoiler:

Holy Sheep!love plodeI'm Not Worthy!

Shocked
I had the pleasure of seeing him wear those pants at the first York show back in March. I don't think we've seen them since then. Wonder what happened to them.

A few things: I'm curious as to who the favorite FWB is?

My guess is favorite white boy. I tweeted that to Emily when I saw Chikeze's tweet and I think she bought it.

I agree. I know you were at the Fillmore show, too, and I was just so excited when he almost threw his guitar off of himself for the end of CBTM. It was like it all of a sudden became too cumbersome, and he had to get rid of it, and then YAY!!!! He worked the stage, the mic stand, all of it. That was one of the best things about him on AI. Billie Jean, Eleanor Rigby, ABMB... he just could work it. We all loved it, and that's part of why he won. He turned on a huge percentage of women in America; it's as simple as that. I wish he would just have the confidence in himself to do it again more often.

Yeah, I was thinking about some of David's performances I loved on Idol (BJ, ER, ABMB, MOTN, FTEISYF come to mind) and there was NO guitar action of any kind! "Billie Jean" is still my favorite of the whole bunch and he completely won me over with the singing and stage presence. I am not anti-guitar by any means, but I do wonder why he's relying on it SO much lately. scratch

I just ventured over to the fanbase thread. I must admit that I've only peeked in there about two times because I just feel kind of icky when I look at pictures of him objectified in that way. But holy hell. Some of them are just blatantly obvious. I kind of feel sorry for him. But then again, I'm sure that there are times when his gifts are truly appreciated and utilized to their full potential.

Get your minds out of the gutter!! I'm talking about guitar playing! *uh, sure....*

Uh, sure. Right. That's what you meant. We are ALL Innocent?

There's no reason to feel sorry, since he has absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. ROFLOL

A few things: I'm curious as to who the favorite FWB is?

My guess is favorite white boy. I tweeted that to Emily when I saw Chikeze's tweet and I think she bought it.

Not the "FWB" I was thinking, haha. We are ALL Innocent

Spoiler:

Jesus Christ, he had a BIG "problem" that night! Holy Sheep!

@Nicole wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, it was a big day for him. And he obviously enjoyed himself. And those pants hide NOTHING.

@Nicole wrote:
Spoiler:

Holy Hell! That video is...wow. That's an interesting side shot. Shocked