Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cook Crush

Shadow Buddies Event - 9/21/09

On his radio show today, Andrew said that David will be at this Shadow Buddies event. http://sunpublications.com/calendar/2009-09-21/14th-annual-benefit-dinner-auction.html

Quote :
THE SHADOW BUDDIES FOUNDATION®️ INVITES YOU TO JOIN THEM FOR AN EVENING OF GLITZ AND GLAMOUR AT THE 14TH ANNUAL BENEFIT DINNER AND AUCTION On September 21, 2009, the Shadow Buddies Foundation®️ will hold its Annual Benefit Dinner “Scoring a Victory for Children,” to raise funds to both strengthen our existing programs and develop new programs focused upon enhancing the lives of children. The event will be held at the Hyatt Regency at Crown Center with cocktails and a silent auction beginning at 6:00pm. By year’s end, the Shadow Buddies Foundation®️ will have distributed over 800,000 buddies since its start 14 years ago. Our theme this year, “You Ought to Be in Pictures,” promises to make for a star-studded night. Arrive on the red carpet in style, dressed as your favorite movie star or in Oscar attire and ready to enjoy the presence of several celebrities as we celebrate this milestone. Tony Gonzalez, long time spokesperson for the Shadow Buddies Foundation®️, will be joining us from his new home with the Atlanta falcons. Tony, former tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs, started his own foundation and adopted Shadow Buddies®️ as his charity of choice. Since 1998, the Tony Gonzalez Foundation has focused on assisting children with emotional and educational support by helping medically challenged children through the Shadow Buddies Foundation®️. To date, over 47,500 Tony Gonzalez Buddies®️ have been delivered to children throughout the United States. Live from the red carpet will be America Idol winner David Cook, who joined forces with the Shadow Buddies Foundation last Christmas. Cook launched his own buddy during the holidays supporting children diagnosed with cancer. David’s brother Andrew will be hosting the red carpet interviews for this star-studded event. Tony will by introducing a new spokes person for Shadow Buddies®️ here in Kansas City tonight, Matt Cassel, quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs. Matt Cassel came on board with Shadow Buddies®️ this past spring. Matt is very compassionate about giving back to the community and he and his wife Lauren wanted to get involved. Matt recently had his first experience with giving away his Shadow Buddies®️ the week before training camp started with the Chiefs. Matt distributed 100 buddies to the young patients at Children’s Mercy Hospital, including patients in the Kidney Dialysis Unit. Tony, Matt, and David each take pride in having their own Shadow Buddy®️ designed to be “just like them.” It is evident that all three believe in what these special Buddies®️ do for children and seniors, because they have personally delivered these precious Buddies®️ into the arms of children in need. Tonight, they will be joined by Jennifer Bertrand, the season three champion of HGTV Design Star. Jennifer has a deep compassion for children’s needs and has a son with special needs herself. Each year, the Miles Award is given to a volunteer, staff, board member, or community leader that has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help us reach our goal in succeeding with our Shadow Buddies®️ programs. The Miles award stands for Magnificent Individual Lending Extra Smiles. It’s amazing how many amazing moments can evolve from one young boy, now a young man, acting brave in a hospital bed late at night. There are currently 25 condition specific Buddies available. For more information on the Benefit Dinner, please call (913) 642-4646 or visit our website at www.shadowbuddies.org.

Oh, that is sooo awesome that he's doing it!!!

Guest Guest
I love that David uses the power of his celebrity to endorse things like this.

I also love that he uses his celebratiness (not a word I know) to do great things like this. But if he starts to go to Africa to adopt a kid... i think i'll cry.

Okay, I love how they made the David Cook one bone-white, lol. (The Tony Gonzales ones have "medium skin tone." Don't know where they came up with that hair though. I like that you can order one sent directly to a pediatric hospital.

Quote :
David Cook Buddy
Price: $15.00

NEW - Buddy with the likeness of David Cook, American Idol Champion. Buddies are all boys with light skin tone, dressed in black shorts and white t-shirt with the David Cook logo.

In Customer Notes, please specify if you'd like your David Cook Buddy sent to a pediatric hospital (as a donation), or to directly to you.

I adopted 5 of them, but they all went to the hospitals. They do send you an adoption certificate though that is signed by David which is cute. But for $15 each it's a great and cheap way to donate to charity and these little dolls bring a lot of joy and comfort to some very sick kids.

I hope we get some pics outta this. You'd think the boys might tweet something.. Very Happy

Do we really think that is his dog? Isn't one puppy enough for him to handle right now? lol I bet he *borrowed* it for the photo

Do we really think that is his dog? Isn't one puppy enough for him to handle right now? lol I bet he *borrowed* it for the photo

That's what I was thinking, haha.

Guest Guest
Andrew captioned the photo "David's new dog Edie". I kind of hope she belongs to someone else. David isn't home very often and probably won't have much time for two puppies once he starts work on the new album after tour.

Maybe! But shes so darn cutee!
Keep it David!
Uncle Andrew can take care of it.

I think Andrew was being a smart ass when he said it was David's new dog, but I wouldn't blame him for wanting to keep her. She's such a cutie! David look's mighty fine in that suit too. Hope he's having a good time.

justforme wrote:
Andrew captioned the photo "David's new dog Edie". I kind of hope she belongs to someone else. David isn't home very often and probably won't have much time for two puppies once he starts work on the new album after tour.

I kinda thought that too. I am such a dog person and I feel bad that Dublin doesn't get to spend time with his dad (aka dave) very often. I get a little defensive when people get a pet that they themselves can't spend a lot of time with. I know they get them for the right reasons, but I still feel kinda bad for the pet. But I really think he borrowed that cute little puppy for the photo. It's kind of a girlie blanket too... I think Dave would atleast wrap his dog in something a little more masculine rather thank pink lol

Guest Guest
justforme wrote:

I kinda thought that too. I am such a dog person and I feel bad that Dublin doesn't get to spend time with his dad (aka dave) very often. I get a little defensive when people get a pet that they themselves can't spend a lot of time with. I know they get them for the right reasons, but I still feel kinda bad for the pet. But I really think he borrowed that cute little puppy for the photo. It's kind of a girlie blanket too... I think Dave would atleast wrap his dog in something a little more masculine rather thank pink lol

He wears big ass rose necklaces, lockets and white girly bead bracelets lol. Somehow I don't think a pink doggie blanket is out of the question.

Ok I can't stop staring at him in that suit and tie. I can barely even SEE the suit but good lord he is lookin all kinds of fine Drool

justforme wrote:
justforme wrote:

He wears big ass rose necklaces, lockets and white girly bead bracelets lol. Somehow I don't think a pink doggie blanket is out of the question.

LMAO this is true you do have a point!

justforme wrote:
justforme wrote:

Bahaha! That made me LOL as I was taking a sip of my drink. ROFLOL

Just a thought, there was an auction at this dinner. I wonder if he won "Edie" in the auction. Some times, if you're not home with your dog as much as you would like to be, it's good to get them a companion.

Oh, that doggy is SO cute. I'm actually a cat person but do like dogs sometimes. This looks like a cavalier spaniel. Awww Love

Just a thought, there was an auction at this dinner. I wonder if he won "Edie" in the auction. Some times, if you're not home with your dog as much as you would like to be, it's good to get them a companion.

Well, that makes sense! I'm glad you thought of that. 'Cause I was thinking why on Earth is he at a formal event and bringing a new puppy? Unless it was his date. Laughing

I think pets are less lonely when their human is away if they have a bff other pet. (I have found that with my cat pairs.) But David's lifestyle right now is not the best to support one puppy no less two. Perhaps the puppy will be gifted to someone special.

Looks like we have an answer from the man, himself...

Twit 1:
thedavidcook: Hey all. great night with a lot of money raised for a great cause. Edie is not mine, as it stands now.

Twit 2:
thedavidcook: She will be a gift to some very dear friends. If they can't take her, though... Dublin, meet your new sister...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.