Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

Where have you heard David's songs played?

As I was on a stretcher the other night, riding up the elevator in the hospital, feeling possibly the worst I ever have in my entire life, I heard I Did It For You blasting through the speakers of the elevator. First, I'm pretty sure I smacked myself. Sicknesses can cause reactions like that, you know. I thought maybe I was developing a sense of schizophrenia or something of the such. But sure enough...It was really happening. So I screamed, and everyone asked me what was wrong. I said I'd never heard that song played anywhere in public...ever. They all scratched their heads a bit and were silent until one of the nurses turned to me and said "I've never heard that song anywhere at all...ever. But I like it. I like it a lot." Possibly the greatest moment of my life, just causa the awkward.
I have to agree with you there, it is the greatest moment ever. I have not yet ran into anyone who likes him! sometimes i talk about him and they think i'm talking about Dane Cook. The dude is funny i agree but no it's not who he is! LOL flag

I think I replied to this! Oh well... apparently not.

I heard the entire DCTR album (I suppose so because they were in order) when I was shopping at a local mall.
Just so you know, I hate shopping for clothes, so it's painful to me to stick around in the clothing department, but I stood there through three whole songs (Barbasol, Mr.Sensitive, Lie) before my friend dragged me out of there to go find something to eat. I literally had to be dragged out of there. Lol.

I heard CBTM in a ski lodge this weekend, blasting out of speakers to the base of the mountain.
Followed later by Kris Allen's Live Like We're Dying...

I just got a text from sis in law a few minutes ago...she was at our local grocery store and "Lie" was playing over the system! I couldn't believe it!! I def fangirled for a minute....if i had bee there I would probably have actually squealed/screamed! LOL! Just wanted to share!

Guest Guest
Awww it always gives me the warm fuzzies when I hear David's music being played in stores/restaurants.

I would have had the opposite reaction. My grocery store seems to be "where Idol contestants go to die". I hear Ruben, Fantasia, Bo Bice. I always said, "I'll know things are bad for David if they start playing his songs here".

Funny thing, though....even the Idol Graveyard of my grocery store does not play Taylor Hicks! LOL flag

I would have had the opposite reaction. My grocery store seems to be "where Idol contestants go to die". I hear Ruben, Fantasia, Bo Bice. I always said, "I'll know things are bad for David if they start playing his songs here".

Funny thing, though....even the Idol Graveyard of my grocery store does not play Taylor Hicks! LOL flag

ROFLOL "The Idol Graveyard."

That made my day!

HAHAHA!!! Thats funny!
Then I hope David never gets played there Smile

considering the grocery store plays the AC stations (usually satelite radio) and David is played on the AC stations, I don't understand how that's the idol graveyard, but whatever.

So... I joined a gym last week. And had my second session with my trainer this morning (early - I'm not used to being up that early!)... and as we finished the crunches and headed into the cooling down stretching, CBTM came on. It made me happy. Even though it's not one of my favorite songs on the album, and all the album versions of the songs don't sound right any more after hearing how amazing they are live, it just made me happy. Heart

Guest Guest
ROFLOLLaughing hystericall Yes, DP, I certainly do!!! I've never heard it in any grocery stores I've been to in the ENTIRE Metro Columbus area. (DC's songs)
Or anywhere around here for that matter.

I never hear music in my grocery stores, just in the fast food joints and the malls, both of which I've heard lots of David.

Angie, that's awesome. I haven't heard Lie in situations like that yet Smile

Guest Guest

I haven't heard David anywhere 'cause in this stupid country they don't play his music yet Tantrum

I heard TOML when I was in New York last year though Very Happy

Guest Guest

It's not a bad idea, Annette Very Happy Maybe not move for good but I wouldn't mind going for an extended trip that would coincide with many, many DC concerts Laughing

Knowing me i'd be down the aisle's on the grocery store w/a shopping cart and i get so excited hearing david i'd sqee and prolyl knock down a few people and knock over a nice pyramid stack of paper towels or cans seeing that i can be a klutz at times when it coems to him. lol

Ihave never heard lie but i have heard LO at Wegmans here in Rochester. I was fangirling out when i heard that any time i hear david i go nuts Excited

About a week and a half ago i heard cbtm at frisch's restaurant and today while listening to the radio (which i have been doing just recently) i heard it there too and when the song ended the dj said it was david cook and mentioned him being in ethiopia and he gave him kudos for being there Heart

Last Monday, while I was on shopping, at H&M, I didnt hear not only LO, or CBTM, or Lie. I listened the ENTIRE DCTR. That's right! I got all crazy because I entered at the store listening a random song kinda pop-rock (didnt recognize the singer) and normally I dont pay attention of the music that clothing stores put.
But then...I started to listen DECLARATION! I was...WHATT??!!
I got to the closest speaker and I was like OMG! and a couple watched me like WTF with this girl? but didnt care and I stayed during all song not still believing that I was listening it... then my Mom came in and she said "Isnt it David Cook?" (well done Mom, after 2 concerts you learned to recognize him quickly hehe)
After it was done, I was going to the nearest rack when immediately...HEROES CAME IN! And I squealed more, realizing this is not a coincidence, 2 David songs in a row... so I went to my section´s rack where luckily a speaker was there and so after Heroes ended...yes, LO came in. Then I got all Excited .

DCTR was actually playing as its entirety.

Of course I told my Mom that I wasnt going to any store besides this one. And yep, I spent a beautiful hour listening the CD (unfortunately until ADAM, they had the regular tracklisting apparently) and I was sooo happy in spite of my sister complaint saying to me "Aida, you have the CD at home and your Ipod....GET OVER IT!" Sorry, lil sis you didnt sour my day.

Oh and good for the DJ that mentioned the David trip to Ethiopia, garfield1! Very Happy

@cooksgal wrote:
Last Monday, while I was on shopping, at H&M, I didnt hear not only LO, or CBTM, or Lie. I listened the ENTIRE DCTR. That's right! I got all crazy because I entered at the store listening a random song kinda pop-rock (didnt recognize the singer) and normally I dont pay attention of the music that clothing stores put.
But then...I started to listen DECLARATION! I was...WHATT??!!
I got to the closest speaker and I was like OMG! and a couple watched me like WTF with this girl? but didnt care and I stayed during all song not still believing that I was listening it... then my Mom came in and she said "Isnt it David Cook?" (well done Mom, after 2 concerts you learned to recognize him quickly hehe)
After it was done, I was going to the nearest rack when immediately...HEROES CAME IN! And I squealed more, realizing this is not a coincidence, 2 David songs in a row... so I went to my section´s rack where luckily a speaker was there and so after Heroes ended...yes, LO came in. Then I got all Excited .

DCTR was actually playing as its entirety.

Of course I told my Mom that I wasnt going to any store besides this one. And yep, I spent a beautiful hour listening the CD (unfortunately until ADAM, they had the regular tracklisting apparently) and I was sooo happy in spite of my sister complaint saying to me "Aida, you have the CD at home and your Ipod....GET OVER IT!" Sorry, lil sis you didnt sour my day.

omg - that is SO friggen cool! I always knew I liked H&M. I think I'll shop there tomorrow in fact. Maybe I'll be lucky and hear DCTR too! Joy dance

Yeah! Hope they do that. Probably its a CD some of the employees had and played it. But still IT WAS AMAZING! I still cannot believe it and I always put a smile when I hear naming that store. Will check out next time I will go if its a regular one or it was a coincidence for one day that they tuned it Very Sad

Hey, Aida, totally off-topic, but how bad was the earthquake where you live? I hope no one you know was hurt! Hug

On Sunday we felt it but not very much as Mexicali (the epicenter) it was like 4.5 but still got scared.
Today were living the aftershocks and Im really afraid of feeling another one.
Im so scared right now.

I hope they don't continue much longer. We felt a small earthquake that happened a couple hours or so south of where i live a couple years ago and we hadn't had one that you could feel in the area since i was like six or so and it was at night and i had just got into bed and my bed and everything was shaking and i was like Shocked what's happening scratch

@cooksgal wrote:
On Sunday we felt it but not very much as Mexicali (the epicenter) it was like 4.5 but still got scared.
Today were living the aftershocks and Im really afraid of feeling another one.
Im so scared right now.

I know just how you feel. I'm sorry. I hope he aftershocks stop soon. They "feel" like they never will, I know, it's so discombobulating and living in a constant low hum of fear. Hug

I hear LO, CBTM and TOML on the radio a lot. I hear them in some stores too. I freak out just a little. I was at a wedding and I heard Dave's version of ABMB. I was like "OMG, that's David Cook!"

Guest Guest

WOW, Aida! That's quite frightening! Hope you and the people near you stay safe!

Your H&M story was awesome! What are the chances of listening to the whole of DCTR in a store?!?!? You may have a dozen copies of the CD and have the song in your iPod, IPhone and whatnot, but listening to it in a public place is just amazing! Good for them cheers You should approach the manager and congratulate him/her for their great taste in music, LOL.

I've heard CBTM in bars and at the grocery store. Heard Permanent in the grocery store, too...other customers look at me like I'm crazy because I tend to stand directly under the speaker and sing in the store whenever one of his songs come on... Very Happy

Guest Guest
I hear LO all the time at my work. Whatever time my break is, I walk into the store and there it is playing..... *I think the radio station knows when my breaks are* LMAO!!!

Tricia wrote:
I hear LO all the time at my work. Whatever time my break is, I walk into the store and there it is playing..... *I think the radio station knows when my breaks are* LMAO!!!

That's great - there are probably a lot of listeners at lunch time!

Guest Guest
OH!! I totally forgot to "report" where I heard one of his songs. A few weeks back, we were at Lowes (DH favorite place to shop) and I was just standing there, with the girls hearing music on in the background, then...I heard it. THE Glory Note. I stood in the middle of that plumbing isle with both girls in the cart and DH looking at hoses and just listened and was dumbstruck..Song? CBTM. Reason I was dumbstruck? FIRST time I've ever heard him ANYWHERE other than my iPod or cd player or computer. Seriously!! ('cept for Idol tour) As I get better, I FULLY intend to go to as many shows that he performs in Ohio and surrounding areas that I can afford. Probably won't be a lot, but Man, I know ya all got to see him, and some a ton, last year and talk about missing him. I haven't actually SEEN him since July 21st, 2008 at the Schot. And I never got to meet him either. That was the night he decided not to come out after all the stupid garbage before.
So, Except for some of our international Word Nerds, I am probably the only one who hasn't seen him in 2 years or met him. I will though. You can bet your bottom penny that I'll meet Mr. Cook someday. And when I say I'm "Huntwork" He'll start screaming for security and run as fast as he can in the OPPOSITE direction!! ROFLMBO!!!

LOL Vikki. David played Ohio manymany times on the Declaration tewer. I'm sure he'll be back manymany more times for the next tour **cough**lucky ducks*cough

Don't feel so bad. I have never touched the man or even had a real conversation with him like so many others here have. This despite being mere feet from him on more than one occasion. Hell, he even walked right past me once and I was so stunned it's like I saw a ghost...or an extra-terrestrial!

So...back on topic...I heard Light On at the place where my kids go roller skating. Smile

ETA: the ghost reference was NOT a reference to his paleness.

Guest Guest
Got a couple to report....

As I mentioned in another thread, I saw on twitter that Chele had heard The Last Song I'll Write For You (gonna shorten it to TLS - the other way is too long, lol) in her local American Eagle. (Turns out they hook up an iPod to their sound system, and the manager is a big fan.)

Even more exciting, someone (sorry, don't remember who right now) who lives in New York heard TLS in her local Kohl's. That really good, because Kohl's uses a music service to provide them with their instore music nationwide. Obviously someone (Dave or his management) got the song to that music service quickly!

I've recently heard LO, CBTM, and FIM on the sound system at the local supermarket. Even hear TOML sometimes! Always love to stop and listen. Just have to be careful to not look weird in doing so! David's music always makes me feel happy! Very Happy

DEBRA WooHoo!!

I hear some crazy Word Nerds heard Magic Rainbow at a Chili's in DC the day of the RFH. Wink

Now I need to visit Kohl's again to see if I hear TLS. Very Happy
(Any excuse to go shopping, lol.)

Guest Guest
I hear some crazy Word Nerds heard Magic Rainbow at a Chili's in DC the day of the RFH. Wink

Really? I have no idea what you are talking about. We are ALL Innocent

I was thinking I might have to stop at Kohl's one day soon myself.

Guest Guest

I heard not only did they hear it, SOME were even dancing in the isle We are ALL Innocent

Guest Guest

And on the bench... We are ALL Innocent