Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Race For Hope - May 5, 2013 - David's Team is Up and Running!

Guest Guest
Many of us have made the trip to Washington, DC the past few years to participate as members of David's Team in the Race For Hope. Many who haven't been able to be there have supported the team with donations... we have pushed him to the number one fundraising team the past four years.

Now it's time to think about the Race For Hope 2013.

David has set up his page HERE.

Quote :
David Cook's Team for a Cure

Hey everyone,

Can't believe it's already that time again but I'm honored to be involved, for the 5th year, with the Race For Hope DC 5K! Can't wait to get out there to support an amazing cause, and to see all of you there supporting, as well! We have been the top fundraising team for the last four years, and with your help, we can do it again! So please, donate, and come participate on May 5th in our nation's capital as we all get five kilometers closer to a cure!

Thanks!

David

I encourage everyone who can make the trip to go. It's an unbelievable and moving experience. Words cannot describe it, and thinking back, I get chills just remembering standing there watching David lead the survivors to the starting line.

If you can't make the trip, I encourage you to give whatever you can. Proceeds benefit ABC2 and the National Brain Tumor Society, two great organizations that work tirelessly to find a cure for this horrible disease.

I would also remind you that Dave's birthday is coming up on December 20th. For the past few years, fans have made a donation to his page on his birthday. This is his 30th birthday, so a $30 donation to his team on that day would be a great gift... or any amount you can give. Just a reminder for those who would like to recognize David on his birthday. This is his special charity, very dear to his heart for obvious reasons.

Who's planning on going? I know I am - the days off are already marked on my work calendar. Here's the place to discuss and plan. Many of us have met up there in the past, and it would be great to spend time with our online friends again this year!

Guest Guest
I plan to be there again. It's a fairly easy drive for me.

Guest Guest
Yay! Can't wait to see everyone. Eve and I plan on flying in and making a long weekend of it again.

I wish i could say i was finally going but not this year. One of my friends and i have been wanting to go for the past few years but things always came up. we'll both be busy on the 3rd and 4th. so we're hoping to finally attend together next year *crosses fingers*

Guest Guest
Ashley, I hope you can make it next year. It's always the same time (first Sunday in May) so try to leave that time open for 2013.

Viv, it would be awesome if you could come! I know that's a long trip for you, though.

Guest Guest

It's awesome that the team is already up! Jump

Guest Guest

Just adding this lovely video of race footage made by TheCookieNookie, and set to "We Believe."

I really really really hope David will still have a team for many years to come so I can cross this off my bucket list one day.

I can't believe I didn't even think of saving money for this. It will drain me dry to my last penny but I shall do that.

Jeannie wrote:
Ashley, I hope you can make it next year. It's always the same time (first Sunday in May) so try to leave that time open for 2013.

Viv, it would be awesome if you could come! I know that's a long trip for you, though.

i can't next year. my friend and i have stuff going on the 3rd and the 4th so we won't be able to make it but we are in talks for 2014.

Guest Guest

Aww, Ashley! I haven't had the chance to go either... but you know... we need to "dream big"! Very Happy

Guest Guest
Sorry Ashley. I saw you said that earlier. I meant to put 2014, not 2013.

Made wrote:
Aww, Ashley! I haven't had the chance to go either... but you know... we need to "dream big"! Very Happy

exactly! Smile it kills my heart to not be there every year but i'm definately finally planning on 2014 being the year Smile

Jeannie wrote:
Sorry Ashley. I saw you said that earlier. I meant to put 2014, not 2013.

it's alright Smile

i hope everyone that doese go next year has a blast and i can't wait to hear all about it Smile

Guest Guest
Yay, Jamie! Can't wait to see you again!

YAY, Jamie! That is some perfect timing right there. And speaking of finals, if you have Fall Semester finals coming up now, good luck on them!

Guest Guest
*fingers crossed* I can make it again!

I had such a blast FINALLY meeting you all. I cried when it was time to leave.....I did NOT want it to end!

Guest Guest

I think we all were a bit teary eyed when we had to say goodbye, Tricia! That was SUCH a fun weekend.

Anyone else think we need to go back to a certain restaurant this year? Or do you think they'll lock the door if they see us coming? ROFLOL

Jeannie wrote:
Anyone else think we need to go back to a certain restaurant this year? Or do you think they'll lock the door if they see us coming? ROFLOL

Laughing hystericall omg we HAVE to go back there. TOO much fun was had!

I really, really hope there is another concert this year, too! Fingers Crossed!!!

YAY, Jamie! That is some perfect timing right there. And speaking of finals, if you have Fall Semester finals coming up now, good luck on them!

Thanks Stace! I actually had one today- a 3.5 hour, cumulative Comparative Anatomy final. My brain is ready to explode! Razz

And as far as that restaurant goes...they *might* have new rule in place that requires all patrons to remain in their seats for the duration of their meal. Wink I was certainly teary-eyed when I left that place...but not from sadness! Omg, I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard. My abs hurt just thinking about it again! ROFLOL

Guest Guest

You all should really go back to that restaurant LOL flag and maybe you can take more "crazy" wordnerds with ya.

Guest Guest
Those poor employees will never be the same again!!! But it WAS A BLAST!!!

will try my best to attend again!! it was such a great weekend meeting everyone ( especially you Tricia after all these years! finally). such a moving experience.

Stephora aka Cookienerd0006

Declaration Tour '09: 13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11
Loud Tour' 11: 02/12;09/12
RFH '12: 05/05;06/05

P.S Wished I had been to that restaurant. looked like ya'll had some fun there. SmileSmile

Guest Guest
I just made a donation to Dave for his birthday, and plan to set up my personal team member page over the holidays.

It is a wonderful way to do something David will really appreciate for his birthday, so if you can donate something, please do. And if you can't do it today, you can always do it later... you have a place to leave a message for him, so you can always wish him a belated happy birthday if you need to.

I'm in talks about the race with aunt, I need to see what finances look like in the next couple months. Some how, some way I will find a way to go, this event means so much to me.

Guest Guest

Amazing number of donations!!! Thanks to all David fans Hug

Latest Numbers:

Top Fundraisers

Top Teams

1 - David Cook's Team for a Cure ($13,355.00)
2 - Gary's Glioblasters ($2,205.00)
3 - Linn's Left Lobe Lopers ($2,040.00)
4 - Team BT ($1,465.00)
5 - Team Sophie Bear ($1,235.00)
6 - Team Louis Chaconas, Dream of Angels ($1,045.00)
7 - Brian's Hunt for a Cure ($790.00)
8 - Burgstein's Brain Troopers ($715.00)
9 - Sheldon's Shteibel ($698.00)
10 - Kick Astrocytoma ($670.00)

Top Participants
1 - David Cook ($4,350.00)
2 - Keyring Project ($2,565.00)
3 - Stan Oaks ($2,040.00)
4 - Candle Project ($1,605.00)
5 - Christine Wallace ($1,045.00)
6 - Brian Wathen ($790.00)
7 - Candice Cox ($760.00)
8 - Team Lisa ($640.00)
9 - Michelle Hall ($545.00)
10 - Victoria Roberts ($540.00)

DC CheerleaderExcitedWooHoo!!

Guest Guest
Thanks Chris!

I am planning to go this year.. As long as my mom stay ok..
The past 2 year that been so amazing and unforgettable..

Guest Guest
Quote :
David Cook ‏@thedavidcook

The 2013 Race For Hope DC will be here before you know it. Team DC, LET'S DO THIS! bit.ly ZZpc6X @curebraintumors

I always find a way to be there :-) I would love to meet everyone I haven't met yet :-)

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
I always find a way to be there :-) I would love to meet everyone I haven't met yet :-)

GreatGroup Hug1Awww Love

Top Fundraisers
Top Teams

1 - David Cook's Team for a Cure ($18,213.00)
2 - Erin & Her Brain Tumor Buddies ($15,260.00)
3 - Perkins+Will Team Wood ($4,786.00)
4 - Team Sophie Bear ($4,185.00)
5 - TRBC for TRBC- T(taking) R(revenge) on B(brain) C(cancer) for T(Tommy) R(Rudy) B(Buddy) C(Curtiss) ($4,020.01)
6 - Team BT ($3,530.00)
7 - Gary's Glioblasters ($3,340.00)
8 - TKs Rays of Hope ($2,430.00)
9 - Team Pamela Sue ($2,417.00)
10 - Linn's Left Lobe Lopers ($2,120.00)

Guest Guest
Great stats! Thanks Chris!

I'm still hoping I can find a sitter for my son so I can go. *fingers crossed*

Tricia wrote:
Great stats! Thanks Chris!

I'm still hoping I can find a sitter for my son so I can go. *fingers crossed*

Fingers Crossed!!!Group Hug1

Guest Guest
Eve and I booked our flights last night. Gotta love Southwest. We got a fare of $49 each way - can't beat that!

Where is everyone planning to stay? I've been doing some price comparisons for hotels, It's almost double the price I paid last year for a downtown hotel.

Guest Guest
We're probably staying at the same place we did last year. Can't remember the name of it right now, but it was right by Reagan National airport. The metro stop was right there so it was quick and easy to get into the city. Didn't take long either. We bought all day ride passes for the days we were ther, and then we didn't have to worry about having enough money on our metro cards. It was very nice, and so much cheaper than downtown. So odds are that's what we'll do again.

Soo...there's a possibility I MAY be at the Race for Hope myself this year. Jump

Talked with my mother, who wants to take me on a vacation this spring [haven't had a real one since my sister was married August 2009]. She mentioned wanting to visit my cousin, who lives in Washington, DC. At first, she wanted to go during the Cherry Blossom Festival [late March-early April], but I told her that I was REALLY busy at work then, soo...I suggested R4H. She said that sounds OK.

I'll let you know

Guest Guest
That would be great, Sarah! I'd love to get to meet you.

Guest Guest
Well, I got the money set aside .....just need to find the sitter now *sigh*

Guest Guest
From Deana:

Quote :
Important David Cook's Team for a Cure Update! Team members, you all received this information via email just now.

If you haven't registered for David's Team yet, it is time to get on board so you don't miss out on these exciting things to come! Join Now: http://soc.li/44WYanG

Fan Event - Saturday, May 4th:
This year we are planning a David Cook fan event on Saturday, May 4th. We are still finalizing the exact time and location, but for travel purposes you should plan to be in town in time for an event as early as noon on Saturday. I know many of you have been needing to book your airfare and hotels, so hopefully this will help you make plans. This year we will not be having a concert, but David Cook will be at the event we are planning. As soon as more details are finalized I will make sure our team is the first to know and will have first access to tickets, etc! We appreciate the work you do every year for the Race for Hope!

David Cook Designed Team T-Shirt:
This year David will personally design a David Cook Team for a Cure T-Shirt for us to wear on Race Day! As soon as the final design is ready we will have the shirt available online for everyone to purchase. This will mean that our Virtual Participants will have access from all over the world to have this special team shirt! Stay tuned!

I hope this helps build some excitement to keep up our great team momentum! Keep doing the great work you are all doing and I will be in touch with more information as soon as I can.

Guest Guest
Hmm interesting. It doesn't really matter what the event is. I'm just looking forward to a weekend away with friends.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.