Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

David's 2013 American Idol Appearances - "Laying Me Low"

Guest Guest

We opened this thread specially to talk about the performance, videos, reviews and whatnot. Only a few hours left. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Whoa!!!DC CheerleaderWhoa!!!

Well, I am sitting here on twitter, DCO and FB...all excited! Two hours to go...This afternoon listened to David doing Idol songs...He is just the best on the planet! I hope this single takes off fast! He deserves it! I have butterflies! Imagine how HE feels! JumpThudCheers!!

Guest Guest
For those of you unable to watch, I have been using THIS WEBSITE
Hope they stream today too!!!

Guest Guest
Quote :

IDOL_Insider Idol Insider 1m
I love having @thedavidcook back at his #idol home! pic.twitter.com/Z8XujLMxqc

Guest Guest

Damnit! My link doesn't work TODAY!!! Anyone has one to watch live online???

Pretty please!!!

Oh, dear, Made, I'm sorry I don't know a link for you. Very SadVery SadVery Sad

He is on after these commercials! Excited2

Guest Guest
Watching now on a rather shaky website but hey, I'm not complaining, LOL.

GO DAVIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!

Guest Guest

Keith was TOTALLY into it!!! And they did the stomp clap LOL flag

Made wrote:

I was just going to make the same two comments lol!

Love how well Mariah remembered him, and remembered him from before she even mentored him on the show. Smile

Guest Guest

Dang, I couldn't get that from Mariah! It was very nice of her! Waiting for videos now Tapping toe I mean PLEASE!!! LOL

AMAZING LOVED LOVED IT. LOVED THE STOMPING . Great performance I WANT MORE . Very HappyVery HappyClappingClappingClapping

@jmbdog5 wrote:
AMAZING LOVED LOVED IT. LOVED THE STOMPING . Great performance I WANT MORE . Very HappyVery HappyClappingClappingClapping

More more MORE! And then some more!

Lol. It's like we have all been floating at sea lost for a year and David finally singing again for us is a tall glass of icewater we are falling all over to drink.

Yea i also loved how Mariah Rememberd him before that was great and i was all excited when i seen Keith getting into him it was great.

That was his best idol performance post show to date! He sounded amazing, looked amazing & the stomp/clap thing was so damn cool! Loved every min of it and loved how into it Keith was, that was to cute.

I didn't even realize he had 3 dogs now that is so awesome Great that they promoted the Race For Hope too. They did a Great interview with him that makes me happy.

Guest Guest

Still wondering why some minor performances from idol guests got a standing O and David didn't scratch Still gotta rewatch the whole performance but anywho...

Guest Guest
It looked like the audience gave him a standing O. This is my favorite post win performance hands down! Hooray for the stomp/clap, loved the entire song.

Guest Guest
Yes, the audience did give him a standing O. Loved the performance, the interview, everything!

The stomp clap was great!

I have not seen David Cook on Idol yet as I am on the west coast. I want to see that sexy David Cook on Idol tonight. DC Cheerleader

Guest Guest

We'll post a video as soon as it's available, Christina Wink

he was amazing! the stomp clap was awesome! i love that they mentioned the RFH!!

Guest Guest
Of course, I fell into an endless rabbit hole of David's live performances and am really puzzled at how the world hasn't discovered his amazing talent, gosh! Listening to GTTG right now, so amazing!

Guest Guest
Thanks so much, Ashley! I think I'll be putting this performance on replay all night, LOL. He was the most confident, awesome, stage-crushing self as ever!

no problem! i saw it while i was scrolling through my facebook timeline. he was on fire!

Guest Guest

With thanks to amorcitette!

@Ashley wrote:
he was amazing! the stomp clap was awesome! i love that they mentioned the RFH!!

Yeah - it was awesome how they totally gave him time to tralk about the Race and even had photos from it and everything. VERY cool of Idol to let him pimp the Race and ABC2. Very Happy

Just got to watch! Excited David is back!

DEBRA Excited2

@Ashley wrote:

Yeah - it was awesome how they totally gave him time to tralk about the Race and even had photos from it and everything. VERY cool of Idol to let him pimp the Race and ABC2. Very Happy

i agree! It was probably my favorite part of the whole segment. made my heart happy Smile

I was afraid they would cut the stomp, clap part out. I am soooooooooo glad that they did it, and I love the way they did it.

Made wrote:
Still wondering why some minor performances from idol guests got a standing O and David didn't scratch Still gotta rewatch the whole performance but anywho...

Was wondering, too -- especially after watching Keith really getting into the performance -- I expected at least Keith to have stood up and led the SO! scratch

Made wrote:

I was just going to make the same two comments lol!

Love how well Mariah remembered him, and remembered him from before she even mentored him on the show. Smile

If I'm allowed to be a bit cruel (to Mariah, lol), I would attribute Mariah's response about Always Be My Baby to how often people (specially here!) talk about it even until now Razz

I would assume she does an egosurf from time to time... (hey, even *I* do too and I'm a nobody) Wink

@jmbdog5 wrote:
I didn't even realize he had 3 dogs now that is so awesome Great that they promoted the Race For Hope too. They did a Great interview with him that makes me happy.

I didn't know he had 3 dogs either. Of course we know about Dubs, and I know that his gf has a dog. Maybe they got the third pup together.

He is the best ambassador the show ever had, so I was also glad that they talked to him before and after. Love how he mentioned the dogs, the house, the yard....but no mention of a relationship. Smart man. Lee got all kinds of shit from fans because he talked about his wife in his pre-performance clip. Rolling Eyes

Such a great performance! Loved the stomp/clap, loved multi-tasking Andy, LOL. And Devin looked so different...like he was channeling Adam Levine, LOL.

Probably Dave's best post-win performance.

Guest Guest

I definitely think it was his best post Idol performance on the show. He seemed like he was completely relaxed and having fun. They nailed the song, nailed the stomp claps, and my only "complaint" would be that the sound guys didn't have Andy's and Nick's mics turned up enough, so it was hard to hear the harmonies when they sang.

It was such fun last night to watch my twitter timeline explode with happiness! Loved reading all the reviews and comments. Awww Love

Perhaps this has been previously discussed and I missed it BUT, I noticed 1 or 2 new tattoos on his left forearm. Anyone know what they are of?

I agree, this time on stage he was absolutely "self confidence" and the song was amazing..... his voice stunning.
About the standing O I thing in this last years has lost the real value.... so for me never mind he didn't get one especially from the red X.
I downloaded from iTunes some " LML" because I really like this song. it put me on good mood.
Only thing I didn't like from the performance was David's hair a sorta of rockabilly LOL

Guest Guest

Don't know if you saw it but on Wednesday intro package with Kree and Harry Connck Jr he advised her against singing any "oh, oh, oh" in the song. I seriously laughed imagining what he would say about David's LML ohohoh LOL flag Not that I care what Harry thinks. His song put me to sleep to be honest!

Guest Guest

I Can't stop watching the videos and looking at the Pictures. I Love the Video i especially love seeing Keith Urban getting into it . It is Great and i love that they all loved him and i do agree a Standing O would of been The Icieing on the Cake. Oh Well at least the Aud did and any ways We All Know HE IS THE BEST. HeartHeart

In case you guys haven't seen this:

The above interview answered my question about the new tattoos......2 more paw prints!!! Yikes, he might end up with an entire arm full of paw prints if he keeps getting more dogs!!!LOL

What I noticed about the interview.....his hands are HUGE. Cool

DP, loooooove your avi. Where is that pic from?

I don't know. I just did a google image search for "David Cook American Idol Laying Me Low".

It's from Singapore, Viv (and DP), but I think it's been photoshopped a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.