Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FalconXD

FALCON AWARDS 2015

Linus: Top Charizard Player

Charizard is probably one of the most recognizable Pokémon out there and many people love using it; however, in Sm4sh this probably isn’t the case. Don’t get me wrong, Charizard is a fun character to mess around with and landing a Flare Blitz is satisfying, but I don’t know that many players who actively main Charizard and are getting top results. As a ROB player I personally find the Charizard MU the easiest. Although there are good Charizards out there, I never faced one and found that I can often zone the Charizard, force it to approach, and act accordingly. I didn’t think that there could be threatening Charizard players, but then I heard Linus uses Charizard. I was intrigued by this and decided I would check out a video or two. After watching the videos I saw that Charizard can be a menace in the air and that I might have underestimated him a little bit. I was impressed by this and requested that me and Linus played so I could see his Charizard in action; however, this hasn’t been able to happen yet. So shout-out to Linus for having a powerful Charizard and hopefully I can see the character’s potential in 2016.

Angie: Queen of the Booty

Aye, how’s it going Mrs. Booty Yolola? It was some random day I was getting on Skype and I saw that name pop up in the list of Skype names online and I couldn’t stop laughing at it. Apparently Angie here has the booty which must make life interesting and could have many pros and cons. On the plus side Angie must feel important since every guy (and maybe a few envious chicks) loves her cake and wants it for themselves. On the downside, shopping for new pants must be a pain in the ***. I guess another plus side of Angie’s booty is that if she ever got in a fight she has another weapon she can crush people with, I’m sure that she is giving Peach a run for her money in that department. On the downside, narrow spaces must be the bane of her existence. Swimsuit season is obviously a plus because she could show off that her booty is on fleek, but on the downside, its swimsuit season which provides its own discomfort. Also did I just write a paragraph on one of my friend’s booty? What am I doing with my life? Seriously though, Angie is a fun person that I remember playing in Sm4sh alongside Torriqua and a few others. She seems like an easygoing person who could take a joke and would probably find it hysterical. I’m sure she totally wouldn’t try to kick my butt after reading this, right?

Rhys: Most Likely to Motivate People to Cosplay

I always have found cosplay interesting, I like seeing people dress up and create handmade costumes for their favorite characters. Seeing as how I am not a big anime nerd though, I never thought I would be one who could fascinate over cosplay, but after looking at some of Rhys’ pictures they might have proven me wrong. I usually would find their pictures when I am scrolling through my news-feed and they usually grab my attention. Rhys most prominent cosplay in my opinion would be their Homestuck cosplays and I believe they also did Harry Potter at one point (if that wasn’t them then I apologize). I can tell from Rhys cosplay that they put a ton of effort into their work and most of their cosplay looks fairly professional. The conventions that Rhys and their friends attend look somewhat fun as well and makes me possibly interested in cosplaying. Their cosplay made me even interested in certain characters like John Egbert and Dave Strider. I would also say outside of cosplay that Rhys has an interesting fashion sense since I always like their hair regardless of what color it is, they even find a way to pull off hair colors I don’t think would even work. Anyway, thank you Rhys for making me value cosplay more than I previously would have, I might not be going to any conventions soon, but I’m more interested in it now because of your previous efforts.

Emilia: Nintendodojo’s Biggest Supporter

You know, it takes real courage supporting something that everyone dislikes. While I am not saying a person should go out and support the Nazis or anything, it is interesting when people defy norms for the sake of defying norms. In this case, Emilia/Fourier/DC Sally/Ra1n/*insert 50 other names here* has defied a norm of hating Allisbrawl’s new name. In fact, Emilia here is so dedicated to Nintendodojo as a site that every month she would come on writing a blog reminding everyone that the site name was fine. The fact that she would visit a site on its last limbs of activity just to convince users everything is okay is inspiring, even if it might have been laced with intentions of trolling. Overall, this has defined her main activity on the site other than talking to Zorai who apparently is her crush whether she admits to it or not. Besides that Emilia plays Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon apparently only playing Japanese people who never question why she identifies as Japanese, but is really Chilean. Overall I would say Emilia is fun to watch, and hopefully wherever she is she’s having the time of her life.

Steph: Valuable Behind The Scenes Worker

I honestly don’t think Steph got enough credit when she was active on Nintendodojo. She had only been around on the site since 2011 which is newer than most of the other veterans, but she still contributed to the site a fair portion. I always remember seeing her around the site in the older days, I might not have directly chatted with her, but I was aware she was a member. Then in more recent years she decided to help out with the site in a few ways such as the Welcoming Team towards the beginning of its creation. This year she has been a part of the social marketing team which is a significant chunk of the site. While I am unsure how active this group is, the fact that she was interested in helping out a site that was more than likely on its last leg shows her dedication behind the scene. This wasn’t the only type of work she did as she also helped participate in the debug sessions for the newest ladders. I remember even seeing her in the chats (although she didn’t notice me when I was talking to her, so rest in peace to me) contributing. Lastly, aside from that she also participated in content team which involved submitting article ideas and some proof-reading. I also seen Steph encouraging some of the other members like Mercy on their articles. I don’t know Steph well, but I can credit her for her work on Nintendodojo and appreciate her contributions to the site.

Robot: ROBSquad Merchandise Creator

Being an artist is hard, even as somebody who only does art as a passion and at most an extra class, I understand the struggle that artists face. Robot, herself must face this struggle when creating new art, but despite this she overcomes her struggle and creates ROBSquad Merchandise. To those that don’t know what ROBSquad is, it’s basically the group where all the cool ROB mains hang out and play each other in Sm4sh, Cards Against Humanity, or socialize. I could go on about ROBSquad, but that is not the main point of this award. Robot has created different commissions for ROB such as the main piece of merchandise, the ROBSquad T-shirt (which she doesn’t over-advertise in the Skype group by any means), buttons / stickers, and she even offers the group special commissions on general art and Amiibo customizations. Robot’s role in ROBSquad goes beyond the merchandise though since she also organizes events like Cards Against Humanity nights, streams, and even for the holidays created a Secret Santa event. In a way Robot, is the heart of ROBSquad (which logically makes sense) and she is probably one of the main reasons it will keep living onwards. So Robot I hope that 2016 is a smoother year for you and you contribute making ROBSquad a fun place.

Queensryche: Ridiculous GIF Master

Queensryche is an interesting person in my eyes since he combines things I never thought could be combined. He is one of the rare diehard sports fans I have found on the Allisnetwork that seem nearly extinct on the site due to the passage of time. In addition there are certain things I don’t think he should like that he does such as some of SG64’s works, but there is nothing wrong with that. I have known Queens as many different things through-out the years, but this year I would have to say he has earned his title as the GIF Master. I remember one day on Nintendodojo he randomly linked me a GIF of Captain Falcon dancing while Samus and Fox stared at him cringing. I don’t know why, but this GIF has entranced me and sure enough I knew that Queens had plenty more where that came from. I don’t know whether spending enough time on Alliscrossing, watching his Eagles lose every chance at getting to the Super Bowl (sorry Queens, but I think this year the Skins will be taking it, then again the whole NFC East is pretty lackluster), or that his wife is influencing him in ways he never imagined she could was the cause of this, but regardless of what triggered it keep doing it Queens. Anyway Queens, Happy New Year’s! Perhaps in 2016 we can finally face off in Mario Kart 8 like we did in the old Mario Kart Wii days, cheers (sorry, still not rooting for any Philadelphia teams).

Electric: Hypest’s Top Founder

Well I never thought I would be participating in another tournament organization after my mixed experiences as one of the official TOs on mariokartwii.com, but apparently I was proven wrong this year. After hosting some of my Fight to the Finish tournaments, a guy named EZVega of Hypest Team grew interested in my skills. He recruited me into the organization where I met Electric, the head of Hypest. Electric definitely helped keep Hypest alive even when it was going through a decline when I was brought in. I remember Electric always organizing offline events in Belgium so he could present his tournament organization properly while giving away prizes in both the offline competitions and certain online tournaments. I can say that Electric had immense TO skills and some his ideas like the salt corner at one of the locals kept things interesting for Hypest. Although my time as a Hypest Team member was short lived due to other responsibilities, I still had a good time hosting from them and despite the low turnouts held some fairly organized events. So Electric good luck with Hypest throughout the future, who knows I might even think about coming back sometime during 2016.

Henry: King of the Duckfaces

I thought that the duck faces were restricted to basic white girls, but it appears that Henry here doesn’t believe that only basic white girls can make duck faces. Half of the photos I see of Henry he is either making a duck face or trying really hard to make a derp face. I guess for the sake of this award I will pretend he is aiming for a duck face. The odd part is Henry actually pulls off the duck face look in a comical way which makes it hilarious probably the way he intended. Besides the hilarious photos I have to give credit to Henry this year he hosted a nice New Year’s Party (hopefully he came up with something like that for this year), and I had fun getting together at his place for the end of Freshmen Year and that nature hike. Anyway I hope for your sake that the duck face trend comes back so that you can look like one of the people that restarted that trend opposed to some random hipster initiating old trends. I hope 2016 brings great things for you and that you are willing to host some more parties in the future.

Ammar: Powered By Blood Moons

Anybody remember that Blood Red Moon event, it was so overhyped that people became terrified when they learned it would only happen again in about fifty years. I can understand for certain older people this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but my current generation will probably live to see another blood red moon proving it’s not a once in a lifetime event. I remember going out of my dorm to see the blood red moon and I was pleased with the experience, but there were pictures of the thing everywhere and not a single one had good quality. Ammar was among one of these people that took pictures of the blood red moon and celebrated its existence, but rather for malevolent purposes. Rather than the typical person seeing the blood red moon as diabolical for symbolizing the end of the world, Ammar saw it as his means of conquering Earth. He claimed that once the moon was done getting consumed he would feed on it and conquer the puny planet, Earth. Ammar’s plan is one that gives some cheesy cartoon super villains a run for their money. Ammar’s plan might have worked, but unfortunately the blood moon happened too quickly for him, also I called him out on his picture quality so he grew sheepish and called it off. Besides his evil plans, Ammar plays a pretty sick Roy and it was fun meeting his town’s equivalent of a Melee fanboy. Take care Ammar, hopefully 2016 will give you many opportunities (ones that don’t revolve around destroying the planet).

Chuyramosfregoso: The Lone Bower Jr. Main

I find it odd how a character that is fun and has their own quirks used by many becomes so rare in competitive play. Bowser Jr. in Sm4sh is a rare occurrence, I secondary him and see other players that like messing around with him or one of the Koopalings, but I rarely see anyone that mains Bowser Jr and his clown car. Even in the competitive scene one of the only Bowser Jr. mains is Tweek and maybe Seagull Joe. Chuy though did not let this get in this way as he set out on a quest for becoming a powerful Bowser Jr. Player. I remember back in July I seen Chuy as one of the participants for the Space City Comic Con event; however, he eventually dropped out due to lag. It was not until my Sm4sh tournament series that I saw him play, I remember being extremely surprised when I was gathering the characters from the Top 8 and I learned that Chuy was a Bowser Jr. main. I only seen a few of Chuy’s highlights, but I can tell he is an aspiring player and he brought some unique characters to the fray instead of the typical Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, or Rosalina. I also see that Chuy uses Kirby as well so I can approve of his characters since both are my secondaries. Anyway, Chuy great performance in the Sm4sh tournaments and I hope to see you in the next tournaments.

Ross: The Best Dressed

Ross has proven that you don’t need an occasion for being dressed fancy. I remember the first time I saw Ross a year ago, I was surprised seeing him in a suit thinking he had just came from an event or something. This wasn’t the case though since I was told Ross simply just likes dressing fancy for nearly all occasions. Dressing up in a collar shirt and fancy pants isn’t the most excruciating task ever, but it takes a lot of effort so I give Ross credit. Everything Ross does is organized and neat, I remember he was showing off his Yu-Gi-Oh cards or something and he takes out this scrapbook used for pictures that had all the cards laminated in plastic sleeves and organized into grids. Being fancy is one thing, but it appears Ross takes his card games very seriously. Other than his high-class attire, Ross also has some interesting stories from his times in Hawaii and he does calligraphy that rivals professionals. I even remember Ross doing my name in calligraphy which looked great, I would post it here, but I don’t like pasting my full name everywhere. Anyway, have a Happy New Year Ross and I hope to learn more about you in the next year.

LNIM: The Hercules Satan of Sm4sh

You ever look at a smasher and wonder, how is that guy a top level player? That’s my thought every time I see Mango (*Melee fanboys return and attack me*). Nah, I understand Mango is a good player, but I would argue that LNIM is that player whom fits an accurate description of Hercules Satan. Now a lot of people assume that Mr. Satan is a weakling since he has much less power than other DBZ characters, but he is actually a skilled martial artist compared to any other human. Similarly LNIM has some good skills with Link, but I question the viability of some of his matches. I remember facing him once back in the summer season of Anther’s it was a joyous reunion, but some of the matches were interesting. I remember one game his batteries died, whether they did or not is debatable, but the timing seemed hilarious. Also I remember the third game when it was clutch the match became incredibly laggy to the point that my ROB couldn’t use his kill moves, but Link still had his functioning. I mean Frontier isn’t that good of an IP, but this wasn’t even them at the time. I also remember LNIM coming late to the Sm4sh tournaments thinking he could dominate all and then losing because he claimed he lacked free time. All jokes aside LNIM has a nice Link, but try not to oversell yourself in 2016 buddy, also I still want that rematch against you sometime.

EZVega: The 2015 Nothing Can Stop Me Now Award

Introducing the “Nothing Can Stop Me Now” Award sponsored by Believe, the guy that coined the catchphrase and whenever he would utter it or anything similar to that statement he would instantly lose. This year the honor of this award goes to EZVega who I met when I was recruited into Hypest and earned this award in one of the Hypest Tournament. In my final Hypest organized tournament for this year, EZVega decided he would take a part in it. So for those that don’t know how Hypest tournaments work, basically it starts off with a few games of Swiss which works like Round Robin. After Swiss, the top players are taken and entered into a double elimination bracket that duel it out for the top position. Vega had no idea whether he would perform well or not so he hoped for the best and got surprised when he beat Rafoto in his first game, then he grew more confident after barely beating TheCosmicStar17 in his second game. This confidence was shattered though after he was demolished 0-2 in both the third and fourth games by Oscarxl and Dragonpits. He went into the final game unsure of whether he could make it or not. Well despite this struggle in his last game he destroyed Liyrex 2-0 thinking he was in the clear. EZVega believed nothing could stop him now, but he failed to realize that even though he was in the Top 4 who would move on to the next stage, not all the matches finished. Sure enough after the matches finished he fell from 4th to 6th place and didn’t make the cut. Poor Vega, this bothered him so much he tried to take my lunch money as compensation (ha, joke is on him, I’m a broke college student). Anyway, EZVega is a good host that contributes well to Hypest and was a pleasure meeting all I would advise him is not to say “nothing can stop me now”.

Cam: Most Likely To Speedrun Super Monkey Ball

Well here is a game I never thought I would play again, but through-out this summer me and Believe were feeling a bit nostalgic. We decided to look at some old games and play through them, one of which was Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2. I remember all the fun we had playing them and it was a nice change of pace. We even finally unlocked and completed Master Mode in the 2nd game getting nearly the maximum lives. On the other hand, Super Monkey Ball 1 has us still stuck on Expert Mode (the difficulty spike in Expert Mode is unreal). I remember there are certain levels that stumped us so I would end up looking up videos seeing how they beat the level and see if it helped us. While browsing through a video I found an unlikely person, Cam. Apparently Cam is a Super Monkey Ball fan as well and while he might not have been on the level of certain speed runners he still was a big fan and remembers most of the game. It is so satisfying to see more Super Monkey Ball fans and while I doubt Cam would get into speed running for this game (unless Cam wants to. Follow your dreams, Cam), but he would probably be the best candidate out of people I know. I hope you had a good year Cam and you don’t let the new one roll away (ha, get it? Roll? Because they’re monkeys inside balls… I’ll see myself out).

Slugking: Fellow Connecticut ROB Representative

Things have changed for ROB since his Brawl days. I remember back in the Brawl days I was probably one of the only ROB mains in Brawl from Connecticut and there were a whole lot less people playing him. Fortunately with the release of Sm4sh, more people started picking up ROB across the world and there are even two other ROBs in Connecticut that I now know. This award is honoring one of those ROB players, Slugking. I don’t know if Slug was a Brawl player or not, but I do know that he is new to ROB in Sm4sh. Despite the fact he only played ROB on a competitive level in Sm4sh I can say that he is experienced knowing all the proper techniques, matchups, and customs with ROB. Slug isn’t the best player in the world, but I know he places well at locals which even if Connecticut’s scene isn’t as strong as the rest of the tristate area is still fairly good. He also has 1v1’d Mr. Eric who is basically one of the top ROB players at the moment and managed to beat him which is an accomplishment itself. Overall, great stuff this year, Slug and I hope to see you win some tournaments in 2016.

Alexa: Ballot Stuffer

Oh boy, one of my old friends is on Nintendodojo, I wonder what motivated them to come back. Maybe they wanted to check in on some old friends that they haven’t seen in a while? They could also possibly be looking for people to play the newest Smash game with, let me just check their recent activity and see what they’re up to…. princesdaisy09 voted on the poll “Do you still uses this site for your Smash needs?”, seriously? I’m always glad to see my friend Alexa again, but she always seems to visit whenever there is a new poll on the site, then she will just vote on the poll, lurk a little bit, and head back offline. I mean there are many types of dedication to the site such as how SGOlympian subconsciously wishes the site could live again with Stadium so things could go back to normal (Don’t deny it SGO I know you do this) or people like Emilia who clearly make blogs supporting the site’s current direction, but I never seen a person like Alexa dedicated to the site by voting on all its polls. I mean it’s a great thing that Alexa stays informed on current issues by voting on polls on a non-current site, but it would be great to see some other activity from her than voting on polls or barely updating her profile. Overall though Alexa is a great person and I hope to hear from her a bit more through-out the next year.

Boxer: Sold His Soul to Target

As a college student I have suddenly gained a new found appreciation for the store, Target. They have most of the supplies I often need and are in a convenient location where I can access them, plus if I prove I am a local college student they don’t charge me tax. Although, when you look at it from the other perspective, working at Target must be the most annoying thing ever. I mean working in retail isn’t a terrible job, but it must be a nuisance and I have seen some of the crafty stuff Target can do. Boxer I learned this year works for Target and I am unsure whether his working conditions are poor or not, but I can tell you that Target does take control of you more than you might believe. I added Boxer on Skype and one day I got links, I grow weary that they might be viruses so I don’t click on them and then ask him what the links were for. Apparently, Target will take the user’s Skype account and put advertising on it, these messages will automatically send to anyone else that person has added on Skype and they can be quite annoying. So while I love going to Target, working there might be debatable. I give Boxer credit for working there though and I wish him a Happy New Year.

Yarocks: First Local Sm4sh Tournament Competitor

First off I am just going to state that there have been a few people from my town that know about my tournament series in the past and competed in them. My brother, Believe could even count as a local competitor and be the first one; however, all of those other people were told about the tournaments through me and none of them played in any of the Sm4sh tournaments. Yarocks on the other hand is the first person from around my town that found my tournaments without me previously knowing him. I remember being shocked when I found that Clokk (which revealed Yarocks’ location) and Yarocks were from my area. Yarocks played in the first and fifth tournament of the series ranking in the Top 12 in both events which isn’t too bad. I also remember playing him after the first tourney since I wanted to see the potential of something from the surrounding area. He is a Captain Falcon main and while he might not be the strongest player out there I seen that he had potential. I also know that Yarocks plays Melee which I believe might be his strongest game, but I am not entirely sure. I hope 2016 is a great year for you Yarocks and maybe we can get some more friendly matches in.

A-Bro: Caught Kirbphobia

(Credit to Stormcannon1 for the Kirby picture).

Usually when I play Sm4sh I typically get the same response when facing a player, “I hate your ROB”, “Nerf / Ban ROB!”, “ROB is a stupid character”, and the list goes on. Whenever I get complaints about a character in Sm4sh it is always in ROB; however, A-Bro went against this trend by saying that he views my Kirby as a bigger threat. While I played Kirby a lot in Brawl as a secondary, I started playing him less in Sm4sh since he felt different and I missed a few things like his Brawl hammer and Melee dash attack. A-Bro claimed he fears Kirby because his standard attacks can hit multiple times and really rack up damage which I can see. It’s a good thing I don’t have my controller currently optimized for up-tilts or my Kirby could really become a nuisance. Anyway, A-Bro has been playing Sm4sh with me a lot this year and we have had some fun matches. A-Bro is one of the few players I know that doesn’t have a set main, (although I would argue his Lucas, Mewtwo, King DDD, and Little Mac are his best) but can use most of the roster efficiently. Matches against A-Bro are very interesting since he keeps me guessing which definitely helps when it comes to improving my mains or just general Sm4sh skills. Good stuff A-Bro and I hope you have a great new year.

DDD Daio: Obsessed with Falcon’s Mii

Well, this is an interesting award. Most people I come across typically dislike the Miis in general since they find them wastes of a character slot or whenever. There are even people that fear my Mii such as Penta that gets PTSD whenever he sees it. Other responses from people haven’t been that negative and others can respect the Mii, but I haven’t heard as many positive responses on the Miis. I’m not saying it should be praised like my friend Sinoj did back in 2010 when he started using my Mii on Mario Kart and claiming he got 90% luckier, but a little respect for the Miis would be nice. Well one day I was on Nintendodojo when DDD Daio here bluntly told me he was copying my Mii. I didn’t know what to make of it. I let him do it, but it intrigued me that he liked my Mii enough he wanted to copy it. To this day I still have no clue whether Daio went through with it or what the Mii looks like, but I found it fairly funny. Besides that DDD Daio is a solid King Dedede player that I have seen dominate in the Space City Comic Con Qualifier tournament and I am sure if he could stick around for the Fight To The Finish tournaments he would have dominated in them as well. Anyway, I hope you have a good 2016 Daio and when you get a chance show me that Mii.

Grofgar: Fighting To His Finish

When I was thinking about hosting a Sm4sh tournament series I had no idea if it would be a success or not. I remember last year in 2014 when I tried hosting a Brawl series known as Finem Rixam the reception wasn’t as strong as I had imagined. Fortunately, I was proven wrong and the Fight to the Finish tournament series took off quickly and despite there only being five tournaments up to this point I am sure it was successful. While there were many players in the tournament series that came back one of the most frequent attendees would be Grofgar whom this award is dedicated to. Out of all five tournaments he only missed the second one which is understandable since there was a short break between the two. In the first tournament he lost to Jswiss (19th) and BlueVII (26th), but despite that he didn’t give up. In the third tournament he finished in the Top 8 a much better improvement even though the turn-out was smaller. In the fourth tournament he only finished in 20th place, but it was out of thirty seven people and his losses came from Headshot (5th) and Damascio (10th). Then in the last tournament he was inconsistent and was one of the first ones out; however, his losses came from Glug (1st in this tournament) and LRAStart (1st in the third tournament). Despite the odds, Grofgar never gave up and I found his Kirby made for an extremely resilient opponents. So, cheers to Grofgar and I hope to see him in more tournaments down the road.

LilMissShipLips: Dirtiest Nickname

Literally the first time I saw LilMissShipLips’ name this came to mind: “We're tiny, we're toony, we’re all a little loony. And in this cartoony, we're invading your TV. We're comic dispensers, we crack up all the censors…” I don’t know why the Tiny Toons theme song was the first thing that came to mind, but LilMissShipLips’ name definitely made me do a double take. I don’t know if I would say it’s the dirtiest name I ever saw, but it is probably the dirtiest username of somebody I knew in 2015. The only real question up for debate with this award is whether the name LilMissShipLips or CrapMAMA is dirtier, but they are both pretty messy in their own regards. Overall it sounds like LilMissShipLips could use some toilet paper and perhaps a plunger, but I’m not going into the details. Aside from that I met LilMissShipLips when they started attending my Fight To The Finish tournaments where they attended the third and the fourth one.  In the third one they unfortunately got two losses immediately; however, they were to Rezid (9th) and Chuyramosfregoso (5th) so they were up against good players and in the fourth one the results were mostly similar. Anyway, I hope LilMissShipLips has a great New Year and maybe I will see them a bit more in 2016.

BeefSloth: Biggest Ness Fan and Hater in One

Jeez talk about being bipolar on the PK kid. I will admit I am not a huge fan since his PK Fire gets repetitive and Ness mains are meh, but I don’t hate Ness that much. BeefSloth on the other hand went from despising Ness players with a burning passion to loving Ness and always using him. I remember meeting Beef back in mid-July on Anther’s while competing in the summer season and recalling that he had an extremely low score, in fact I believe he was close to getting demoted from the lowest rank, if that was even possible. I remember when I first started playing him he asked if I used Captain Falcon or Ness since he found both annoying and got specifically annoyed about Ness since he hated the PK Fire and constant down throw into forward ariels. We played our matches and he picked Falco and Sheik against my ROB which I beat him, but he didn’t get annoyed and was impressed by the ROB (he also asked for some money matches, do Wi-Fi money matches exist?). I remember a few weeks later I was playing in a tournament and bored so I decided to friendly with BeefSloth for a little bit who picked up Ness and was raving around him. We played a bunch of matches with him picking Ness every time which shocked me considering the sharp contrast. He also had got a little better and I believe he was a bigger threat to me then when I laddered him a few weeks ago. Nowadays I believe that BeefSloth doesn’t even use Ness, but lacks the hatred towards him so congrats Beef on your progression in being a better Sm4sh players and may we face again in the future.

Black David: Most Ghetto Computer Hardware Designer

The computer department, consisting of programmers, information technology, gaming, hardware design, and engineering creates a large variety of individuals. Most people assume that automatically doing a career with computers makes you a nerd, but if that were the case we would have some very unlikely nerds. Black David… unfortunately would have been deemed a nerd anyway. Also before somebody jumps me and calls me intolerant, I only call him Black David to differentiate him from other Davids I know such as StarRacer and David E. I remember playing with him back in Mario Kart alongside the Eclipse clan all those years ago and now we are both getting our degrees in our respective computer fields. Black is going into computer hardware while I am focusing on a programming aspect. Also as a Redskins fan I appreciate that he also likes the team, only if he has their merchandise since he likes their colors. Anyway, I remember in the past Black carried a self-stigma that he himself was ghetto whether he remembers it or not. Thus he earned the title as the Most Ghetto Computer Hardware Designer. Although, he has got less ghetto since he was able to get a PS4 which he spends more time on. Anyway, Happy New Year, Black David and maybe one day we can collaborate and create a great computer.

Raheem: Largest Shantae and Geno Fanboy

Sm4sh had a large roster at its beginning and considering how my main returned and I liked many of the new additions I can happily say the roster mostly satisfied me at launch. Although once Mewtwo was revealed as one of the several DLC characters along the way the internet lost its mind. Raheem here quickly realized this and decided to create a blog on Nintendodojo and many other places petitioning for Shantae and Geno to join the Sm4sh fray. At the time, I thought Shantae was a reasonable choice while Geno was absurd as well as many other people at the time. This didn’t stop Raheem’s dedication though as he constantly updated the blogs with posts on Smashboards and Miiverse about the change trying to make a following for the characters. I even remember Raheem dedicated himself to the fanbase so much he changed his Sm4sh taunts into propaganda for the characters and would overuse them even when his opponent hadn’t died yet. I was interested in how devoted he was to this cause; however, he might have benefited more if his posts were in the right places opposed to taunts that only his opponents and not Sakurai could see. In the end though I was shocked, Shantae got no representation, but Geno got a costume proving to us all Sakurai has no logic. Anyway, Raheem tough luck about your lack of Shantae representation, but maybe that wouldn’t have happened if you finished killing your opponents instead of taunting while they tech your spikes. Have a good New Year man, also don’t give up Smash 5 could make Shantae a character.

Okami: Dedicated to For Glory

I never fully agreed with the For Glory ruleset. I still believe two stock matches are too one-sided in my opinion and while I can understand why Sakurai did omegas only due to the Japanese tourneys only allowing Final Destination it could have covered more stages.  As this year went on I seen more Sm4sh tournaments abandon three stocks and switch to two which disappoints me; however, nobody has been more dedicated to the For Glory ruleset than Okami. I remember one day I was on Sm4sh waiting for something and I saw Okami had a room open looking for a challenge. I joined the room and ended up facing her with the two stock and omega stages which bothers me a little bit since I dislike two stock games. The first game was against her Yoshi which I ended up losing to since I am a little shaky on the Yoshi matchup due to Shado’s huge skill gap over me. Since I lost I got control back over the rules and I switched it back to three stock and picked a non-omega stage. I ended up beating Okami by a decent margin which I believed was due to the different stage and more stocks. Okami was clearly not pleased by these changes and immediately reverted the rules back to the former two stocks and six minutes and an omega stage was chosen for the last game. I didn’t expect much since I got destroyed due to the two stocks, but surprisingly I pulled off a victory proving that in the end the ruleset means very little. In the end, whether you like two stocks or three stocks doesn’t matter I suppose, have a great New Year Okami and maybe I can play some more matches against you in the New Year. Although, if we do play I’m making it three stocks so you better prepare yourself.

Pokedude: Turned Edgy As Hell

Man people can change like crazy, but it becomes more surprising who of all people will change. I did not expect Pokedude would transform from his innocent, fun-loving self into a being edgier than some of the stuff Believe and I find on Fibbage (you should check it out, the game is really fun… an endorsement would be nice Jackbox Games). I remember randomly finding Pokedude’s profile one day on Nintendodojo and seeing how his avatar was deformed thinking that it was out of the ordinary. After reading some blogs and comments about how he thought he was a zombie inside a person’s body I was shocked at the edgy connotations he provided of himself. He even gave edgy remarks on some of my blogs that showed he had truly changed. I mean it’s hard to judge based on his profile alone, but there are also some other quirks he has that shows how edgy poor old Pokedude has become. First off he mains Greninja as an attempt of being edgy since the ninja frog is a bit sketchy and is constantly getting nerfed which contributes to the edgy part of his body. In addition he wrote a blog questioning whether he was on a gunmen’s hit list that was from his school. I mean some victims of school shooting must think the same thing, but focusing on that as the primary concern and whether it was done in the name of an atheist god or not is totally edgy and making the kids at Deviantart jealous. Pokedude also apparently got Minecraft for the Wii-U, yeah I don’t get why Nintendo finally put Minecraft on their console without Gamepad support either. The fact that Pokedude owns Minecraft Wii-U simply proves how edgy he has become over the years. Will 2016 make Pokedude even more edgy or could it possibly reverse the effects? Only time can tell.