Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paulpollard

1996 bandit 600 will not start helllllllp

I brought a crashed bandit from bike shop and i replaced all the broken parts i.e left foot rest and swing arm and spark plugs,battery and the bike wont start i put obe spark plug at a time against the engine and i see a spark i also smell petrol. any ideas im stuck

the first thing i would do is make sure the battery is FULLY charged this makes a big difference , turn the fuel tap to prime then try to start her, If no luck turn the tap back to run , now undo each grub screw in turn at the bottom of the carb bowl petrol should come out and then stop when the bowl is empty,

Let us know how you get on then report back no1

the starter motor ticks over but the bike wont fire up i put the tank from the bandit that i use all the time and i swaped the batterys over and put new spark plugs in but i didnt tyring the pri mode on the tank

stick it on prime for 30 secs that will give the bowls chance to fill.
whack the choke open and try her again mate.

iv tried it with prime and still not starting iv drained the left carb and petrol came out and drained the right carb but nothing came out thats even taking the drain screw out

iv tried it with prime and still not starting iv drained the left carb and petrol came out and drained the right carb but nothing came out thats even taking the drain screw out
right then m8 it obviously isn't getting fuel if the bike has stood for a while the carbs need stripping and cleaning, sounds like the float valve is stuck you could try with the drain screw out putting it on prime then tapping the carb to losen the float valve, you will know when you are getting fuel because it will piss out , if it does just switch it back to run and that will stop it ,

get back to us no1

thankyou everyone for helping me the bike is now running and nearly ready for the open road just need tax,insurance,mot better brake lines

thankyou everyone for helping me the bike is now running and nearly ready for the open road just need tax,insurance,mot better brake lines

Glad to have been some help , and nice of you to let us know how you got on thumbs