Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparky

bike wont start

bike will not start plugs are wet thru im losing my patience with the bloody thing some one help me

Ok as it says on the front of “The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, Don’t Panic”.

First of all get a nice cup of Tea, Coffee will do.

If your plugs are wet you have fuel but little or no spark.

First take the tank off.
Next take all the plugs out.
Next crank the bike over for about 20 seconds with a rag over the plug holes “don’t smoke or leave the plugs on the top of the engine in the HT Leads”!!!!
Next give the plugs a good clean with a wire brush “if you have feeler gages check the gap”
Next put each plug back into the right HT Lead and check you have a good spark!
If you do put the plugs back in and put the tank back on try and start the bike up.

Ok did it start?

E.Goldsten “They are watching you” Suspect

Guest Guest
swear loudly, hit offending object with hammer, when object is missed and hammer has in fact hit own foot swear further, kick bastard bike, having just kicked solid bike with foot recently hit by hammer swear again, grab tin of beer and piss of down the pub. come back next day and and have a go at the more sensible suggestion above.

@airlock wrote:
swear loudly, hit offending object with hammer, when object is missed and hammer has in fact hit own foot swear further, kick bastard bike, having just kicked solid bike with foot recently hit by hammer swear again, grab tin of beer and piss of down the pub. come back next day and and have a go at the more sensible suggestion above.

Ok, yes the FBH approach does have some merit!thumbs

E.Goldsten “They are watching you” Suspect

hi matey didnt you fit a new clutch,master to it not long back

could be the clutch micro switch under the lever

if messing with the plugs dont work,short the two wires out at the micro switch,maybe worth a go,if it has one thumbs

@lee wrote:
hi matey didnt you fit a new clutch,master to it not long back

could be the clutch micro switch under the lever

if messing with the plugs dont work,short the two wires out at the micro switch,maybe worth a go,if it has one thumbs

Has no clutch micro switch it's a south Africa import so comes without one lol gonna have a crack at it Tomoz

ITCHY wrote:
why remove the tank?

So I can get to my plugs got the fairings in the way otherwise

If my beautiful Ruby is a bit damp...shes kept outside under a cover...I just get the hairdryer out...and give her a warm!!..But luckily despite these minus temperatures she starts on the nail everytime!!! What a star she is...got to get out and ride very soon..did our Toy Run the other Sunday..and had a pootle early in week..but not had chance since...ride safe!

Well she started today warmed plugs up in oven fitted new fuel lines after my old ones split took silly rubber tube out my air box she start first time and my god you can't half hear it sucking the air in and it sounds 100% better just to replace the battery now !!!