Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Cheap external HDD

As a confirmed magpie, I never throw anything away unless absolutely necessary. Anyway, I've found an old 15Gb laptop drive and external caddy which allows you to connect it via USB. Recently I bought an upscaling DVD player with USB port. Guess what? The drive connects to the DVD player so I can now watch downloaded movies easily and for no outlay banana I love being a cheapskate Very Happy Could be a good way to get yourself a cheap external drive for anything Smile

i've got the same sort of setup. I sold an old laptop on egay but took the drive out so the new owner couldn't restore old po.........files and details etc. Ithen got one of them case converter things for a few quid so now have a spare drive to store my files on. Comes in very handy for keeping backups of stuff.

is there a cable in which I can hook up an old hard drive via usb?

@XS1100 wrote:
is there a cable in which I can hook up an old hard drive via usb?

Maplins are pretty good for that sort of thing-I've seen them in there I think. Only a few quid. Smile

yes mate. that's what i've done except I have an enclosure that the harddrive goes in aswell. have a look on ebay. there are loads about