Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
always1more

Need a pointer please m8's asap if possible.

I'm doubting myself here and just need a wee bit of advise as I have the bike in the kitchen before her indoors comes home.

Intake Valves 0.10 to 0.15mm

Exhaust Valves 0.18 to 0.23mm

Got my feeler guage out and on each feeler I have a top number .006 then underneath this number I have 0.15mm

Do I go by the bottom number so say set the 1st set of intake valves to 0.15

If I use .015
........ 0.38 think that one is too thick as it's the last feeler.

Gonna luck a tw@t here now for doubting myself but I need it to be spot on
thumbs

Hi,

I would check to see what you have now on each Valve before you start and weight it down!

The engine MUST be cold before you start!!!!

ok one will be Metric and the other will be Imperial.

So I think you’ll find that your 0.15 millimetre = 0.005 905 511 811 inch however if you have it the other way round then 0.38 inch = 9.652 millimetre and 9 mm is massive!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect

Thanks mucker,

I think I was panicking a bit as I've worked out the blades now thumbs

Engine is stone cold pal not been started since yesterday.

I've just checked the number 1 intake and I can't even get my 0.15mm blade in so I'm going to have to adjust this now.

Best check them all though lastweek I firkin dbl checked everything not sure why number one intake has changed.

What do mean by "weight it down mucker" ?

Thanks for the quick reply thumbs

Err ok perhaps I am stating the obvious but you know you will have to rotate the crank with a spanner to get each cam in the right place to check the valves.

I am very sorry if you know this.

wave hi always1more, probably obvious but I set mine mid-way between the tolerances so intake 0.12mm, exhaust 0.20. Also I find it easier to take the plugs out put in high gear and use the back wheel to turn the cams (I just find it easier) All the best mate hope it all goes smoothly thumbsthumbs

wave hi always1more, probably obvious but I set mine mid-way between the tolerances so intake 0.12mm, exhaust 0.20. Also I find it easier to take the plugs out put in high gear and use the back wheel to turn the cams (I just find it easier) All the best mate hope it all goes smoothly thumbsthumbs

Bang on Gravelrash thumbs

Cheers Einstein and gravel thumbs

Yeah i'm fine with high gear and rotating back wheel, just worried about the gap....intake 1 was too tight and the exhaust was correct, I did set them in between the tolerence last week but today I'm gonna set them to the 0.15 intake and 0.23 exhaust thumbs

All done n dusted see how she goe's now, hopefully that cover will stay on the carb now lol thumbs

Me too m8..... thumbs

I followed the advise and set the exhaust gap to what gravel said but the intake I set them all to 0.15 as I did NOT have a 0.12mm blade Sadthumbs

I'm gonna nip into Halfrauds tomorrow and pick up a mtr of fuel line and a coupling so I can suspend the petrol tank so I get the carbs balanced properly as no doubt they will need to be adjusted again now wave

Very glad your all most on your way thumbsmbike , is the kitchen now bike free scratch

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

Remember to plug the vacuum pipe and use the prime position on the tap.
I turn the tank around and sit it where the seat should be on a sheet so it dose not vibe off.if the carbs where set correct last time I recon you will be ok.I check the balance of my carbs with every thing in place its fiddly but doable if there out its off with every thing. thumbs You tappets might be a little tappety at 15 better to loose than to tight.
Do loose Tappets increase the valve overlap?

Very glad your all most on your way thumbsmbike , is the kitchen now bike free scratch

E.goldstein “They are watching you”Suspect

Cheers m8y yeah I'm glad to and the Missus moaned a bit earlier but that's all gone now thumbs

Thanks XS....thats a good tip there about the tank on the seat thumbs

She fired up fine and no odd banging noise from the cylinders so I'm hoping they are correct now.

The 1st intake was too tight with 0.13mm so like I've said I've now set them at 0.15mm thumbs

sorry i cant help, but hope you got her fettled thumbs

Thanks Dick thumbs

She started fine today, went out on her and all seems to good now Smile

I've not lost the cap off the Carb today lol. I'm gonna re sync the carbs again just to make sure everything is good thumbs

I'm in the process of putting silicone extensions on the vacuum stubbs on my b12k5 carbs, they are a right pain to reach head bang , 2 are under the choke slider, Hopefully will make balancing easier in future. Well done on getting your valve clearances sorted Tim, Mike thumbsthumbs