Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mk

buggered b12

blew the 12 up on friday so apart from engine block and exhaust everythings for sale. SadSad

sorry no bling it was a workhorse,

anyway after stipping things out today it seems that a valve adjuster either came undone or stripped and came out (haven't adjusted in over a year), somehow the valve spring got compressed and the collet came off which meant the valve fell into the piston chamber and it went a bit wrong , which is why i found lots of bits in the bottom of the engine and a big hole where the oil pipes return from rocker to pump, head banghead banghead bang

Hi mk,

May seem a bit obvious but if your engine has gone pop why not scratch just “and I say just like it’s a two minute job” put another engine in. Coz it is an easy task getting the engine in and out is the pluming and wiring that’s the fun bit Shocked. If you put the bike on its side having undone all the bolts then lift the bike up and leave the engine on the floor, you tend to keep all your fingers applause.

I would have thought there are lodes of Bandit 1200s engines kicking about on eBay and at motorcycle breakers.

Alternative if yours in not too bad rebuild it and give it a good tune up as well. thumbs

Good luck thumbsthumbs

E.goldstein “they watching you”! Suspect