Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

why is it

Since i got the Ducati i tend to get people coming up to me for a chat when i park up,which is fine,i dont bite BUT why do the non bike riding people always start off with "nice bike blah blah then at some point tell me that they would never get a bike because somebody they know got killed on one.sorry but i dont need reminding that this is a dangerous hobby, i'm fully aware that people get hurt and even lose their lives for the love of riding a bike and i'm sorry you lost a friend but i get fed up with people telling me.If i go up to someone who plays football i dont say i know somebody who had a heart attack while he was playing football so why tell me you know somebody who died riding a bike. confused

know what you mean,had it a few times myself.

take it as a complement mate, you're doin summot they havnt got the balls to do! Very Happythumbs

Just envy m8, wouldnt give it a second thought, they just talkin through ignorance, just smile and move on, thumbs

Had this of the wifes step mother,when I turned up at there house on a bike

shes a bit of a snob really,I just replied with I knew someone who died crossing the road Laughing

It happens all the time mate, i dont even think about it anymore, i watched my cousen hit a tree and die in front of me its never put me of riding and never will as i know he would tell me to keep enjoying riding thumbs R.I.P. cuz thumbs

Isn't it half the fun of riding knowing that its a bit different from the norm Shocked

like you say we do get some silly comments , but like said think a lot is from people who wish they where doing the same mbike

Get the same statements off people Bladerunner but I'd rather do something I love than stagnate for 50 years wishing i'd had a life. We all balance the enjoyment we get from motorcycling against the dangers involved and I for one won't be put off by someone who's never had the experience we get every time we ride, starting to rant now arn't I, sorry! Rolling Eyessilent

Yeh, It's code for" blimey mate, I wish I had the balls to do that " Very Happy

@Davehutch wrote:
Isn't it half the fun of riding knowing that its a bit different from the norm Shocked

like you say we do get some silly comments , but like said think a lot is from people who wish they where doing the same mbike

agree

Since i got the Ducati i tend to get people coming up to me for a chat when i park up,which is fine,i dont bite BUT why do the non bike riding people always start off with "nice bike blah blah then at some point tell me that they would never get a bike because somebody they know got killed on one.sorry but i dont need reminding that this is a dangerous hobby, i'm fully aware that people get hurt and even lose their lives for the love of riding a bike and i'm sorry you lost a friend but i get fed up with people telling me.If i go up to someone who plays football i dont say i know somebody who had a heart attack while he was playing football so why tell me you know somebody who died riding a bike. confused

lol i normally get the "id kill myself on a bike" LaughingLaughingLaughing its like dave and itchy say its envy