Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gazman

Gob smacked.

Meant to post this a couple of weeks ago but I've been busy. I'm 46 years old with full 60% no claims on my 2x car insurance policies, a named driver on my van policy had a very minor bump in July, an old git tried to squeeze by whilst we were trying to get out of a tight space and we caught his rear wheel arch, the van suffered no damage at all. My insurance company wanted £4676.75 to renew the policy, it was £500.00 last year. I don't get it. head bangscratchhead bangscratchhead bangscratch

Groupama through A-plan. Didn't realize until today that I have since renewed my puplic liability and employers liability insurance policies with the robbing b censored d's. apparently my other policy is gonna shoot up in cost as well which is my wife's car, she's gonna be well pleased, she pay's for that herself. SadSadSad

That's grim mate!

My missus is with A-Plan, i went for a quote there and it was something like £1,300 TPFT on a '98 B6!

Surely you must be able to find a better quote somewhere?

swindon all the way. great customer service, and have local cenres all over the country

I did find another insurer for £800'ish but what a rip off, I can't understand why after a very minor bump they clearly don't want my custom. Wish I'd just paid for the old tw censored ts car repair out of my own pocket.

Makes you wonder why we have insurance.. you insure against damage/loss etc and then youthe theiving bar stewards make you pay for it anyhow - when the premiums go up..
What's the point...
Feel for you.

OMG affraid that is some hike in premium, would have been cheaper to buy the bloke a new car!!!

Guest Guest
and they wonder why there are so many uninsured drivers these days. actually know a girl who couldn't find a quote for her 206 for less then 4k, decided that £200 and 6 points for driving without insurance was a more attractive option and too be honest i kinda see where she's coming from.

robbing censored its same with everything these days

little of topic,but everything is going up but wages arent to pay for stuff great britain my arse

anyway my niece past her test a few months back,sister in law bought her a suzuki swift
08 plate think it was

insurance premium £4000.00 censoredcensored

Makes you wonder why we have insurance.. you insure against damage/loss etc and then youthe theiving bar stewards make you pay for it anyhow - when the premiums go up..
What's the point...
Feel for you.

Completeley agree. Ive often thought i'd prefer to not have it and just pay up if needs be if i ever had an accident. Ive never understood how they are able to just pick and choose the price at their own will either... agree

What's the point...
Feel for you.

Completeley agree. Ive often thought i'd prefer to not have it and just pay up if needs be if i ever had an accident. Ive never understood how they are able to just pick and choose the price at their own will either... agree
I hear what ya saying but, bear in mind if you were to have an accident and somebody was killed you could face charges for manslaughter thumb down as much as insurances are a rip off id rather pay it and keep me liscense clean thumbs as im sure youd agree thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
What's the point...
Feel for you.

I hear what ya saying but, bear in mind if you were to have an accident and somebody was killed you could face charges for manslaughter thumb down as much as insurances are a rip off id rather pay it and keep me liscense clean thumbs as im sure youd agree thumbs

Definately mate i allways have insurance, tax and MOT as it's the law, and i would be seriously peeved if an uninsured driver hit me! Just think maybe its time for a change in how we do things as a country thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
What's the point...
Feel for you.

Definately mate i allways have insurance, tax and MOT as it's the law, and i would be seriously peeved if an uninsured driver hit me! Just think maybe its time for a change in how we do things as a country thumbs
Too true mate, they should reward us law abiding motorists and hit hard the tax dodgers thumbs

agree always had fully comp, always been legal wouldnt have it any other way thumbs

Guest Guest
personally i wouldn't bother taking the risk, only takes one cop to check the anpr to catch you out then its a fine and some points and if it goes tits up youre really in the poo. but then again with f**k all public transport in villages you need a car and some people cant afford the 4k premiums only choices are £30 a day cab fare 5 days a week or taking the chance and tbh i dont completely blame them. but cant say i would choose to me self as id feel shit if i hit someone.

My insewerance ppl wanted and extra £300 on top of my renewal price because I'm now a taxi driver even though I don't use my own car for work. How does that work? I thought you were supposed to get cheaper premiums for more experience not bloody higher ones. The people I went with think I'm still a bus driver Smile. How many people do you know who tell their insurers when they change occupation after all?

Just be careful if you ever do have a prang Jeff mate, your insurance wont pay out... Sad

do they really ask if you are still in the same occupation in the event of a claim? and technically, I still drive coaches so I'm no lying as such.