Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

P.C. help

Its always worth going through the easy stuff first, which is why i suggested it :P As said on the first few posts, and paul has said, deffo give them a ring if the little tests dont work first, as they will only ask you to try it when you ring them thumbs Also if you do ring them, just say everything has been checked at your end so they don't try and blame it on your computers!

been in touch with AOL, they ran me through a few things and say that the problem is my end , so still no better off angryangryangryhead banghead banghead banghead bang

I have also reloaded windows from start back on my laptop , so it has not done the update for the service pack and i am on a old IE , and still have the same problem Sad

only other thing to try mate is another router :S a lot of the companies do try and fob you off and say its your end and not there ( like i said on my last post, they tend to say its you not them ) if ya need a hand mate, give me a shout and i can bring a couple of different routers round to try?

@fr499y wrote:
only other thing to try mate is another router :S a lot of the companies do try and fob you off and say its your end and not there ( like i said on my last post, they tend to say its you not them ) if ya need a hand mate, give me a shout and i can bring a couple of different routers round to try?
thanks Matt salute may just take you up on that m8 some time thumbs

to verify its not your laptop, computer, ect, and i doubt all devices would suddenly play up, regardless of o,s,
Enable wi-fi hotspot on your android, desire aint it?, then log on and use your mobile as the wireless router, see if you can see the pics then, if you can then it rules out any fault with your devices, all it leaves is your router firewall settings, reset them to default and if the prob remains get in touch with AOL again, and ask to speak to some bod higher up the food chain than the numpty who is first contact reading from a script. thumbs

Im no good with computers dave,but I do have a big hammer if ya need it LaughingLaughing

hope ya get it sorted,theres nothing worse when ya p.c starts playing up

to verify its not your laptop, computer, ect, and i doubt all devices would suddenly play up, regardless of o,s,
Enable wi-fi hotspot on your android, desire aint it?, then log on and use your mobile as the wireless router, see if you can see the pics then, if you can then it rules out any fault with your devices, all it leaves is your router firewall settings, reset them to default and if the prob remains get in touch with AOL again, and ask to speak to some bod higher up the food chain than the numpty who is first contact reading from a script. thumbs
thumbs

@lee wrote:
Im no good with computers dave,but I do have a big hammer if ya need it LaughingLaughing

hope ya get it sorted,theres nothing worse when ya p.c starts playing up
you always make me laugh ,haha cheers lee and i tell you what we will deffo meet up next year thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
I've seen a similar thing to this before with AOL, it's due to them restricting everything and "filtering"
It sounds really similar to what i've seen before, so I'd try ringing them up and asking for their advice or simply changing to a better ISP as AOL really is overpriced and the customer service always used to be pretty dire also. paul
thanks for your advice Paul thumbs

agree AOL *really* suck big time with this kind of thing.

Have you been into your router settings and checked that an automatic firmware update hasn't been done etc? (Although IIRC AOL *really* didn't want to give you the settings to access the router)

Dave, if you haven't got it fixed I can drop round sometime with my lappy and a spare (wired) router to see if we can kick it better.

@Macie_UK wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
I've seen a similar thing to this before with AOL, it's due to them restricting everything and "filtering"
It sounds really similar to what i've seen before, so I'd try ringing them up and asking for their advice or simply changing to a better ISP as AOL really is overpriced and the customer service always used to be pretty dire also. paul
thanks for your advice Paul thumbs

agree AOL *really* suck big time with this kind of thing.

Have you been into your router settings and checked that an automatic firmware update hasn't been done etc? (Although IIRC AOL *really* didn't want to give you the settings to access the router)

cheers m8 thumbs
Dave, if you haven't got it fixed I can drop round sometime with my lappy and a spare (wired) router to see if we can kick it better.