Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

P.C. help

I am having problems veiwing pics on this forum and others also f/book , its not all of them just some, some I cant see at all and others just show a red x ,
This is happening on my lap top and desk top pc both have windows 7 and IE, now on my phone i can see them no probs scratch

Ps have tried other browsers and the same thing is happening

like i say its not all the pics

Have you got automatic update on Dave? Sometimes a program will update itself & give this sort of problem eg Flash, Java etc Smile

dave, have you cleared your history/cookies? and emptied your temp folder? can help. Also do a full virus scan ( if you got the option to do a boot time scan, do it! )

@fr499y wrote:
dave, have you cleared your history/cookies? and emptied your temp folder? can help. Also do a full virus scan ( if you got the option to do a boot time scan, do it! )
done it Matt dont you think it strange its on both lap top and desk top Suspect

you done a virus scan as well? cause ti can easily go from one to another without knowing.. other thing would be your internet/router, try resetting the router and see if that helps.. i know it sounds daft but you will be surprised how easily somethings are fixed lol

ok, i had this problem when i installed windows 7 service pack 1, in fact it took my internet out for ages and ages, some days it would reconnect, others it wouldn't. Have you got SP1 installed? and has it recently installed it? could be that causing the agro with images

Have a skim through this Dave. Like I said, I'd suspect an auto update has changed your browser properties. Are you running same platform on both computers?

This behavior can occur if one of the following conditions is true:

The Web page includes an image type that is not supported by Internet Explorer.
The Show Pictures check box is not selected on the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog box in Internet Explorer, or the Toggle Images.exe Web accessory was used to disable images in Internet Explorer.
The image is displayed based on a script, an ActiveX control, a cookie, a Java program, or HTTP referral information, and your computer or network is configured to block one or more of these features. For example, you may have Internet Explorer or Symantec Corporation Norton Internet Security (NIS) or Norton Personal Firewall (NPF) 2002 configured to block one or more of these features.
Internet Explorer cannot determine the character set (also known as the code page or encoding) that is used by the Web page, or a file or registry key that is required to display the Web page that has the appropriate character set may be missing or damaged. By default, Internet Explorer uses the character set that is specified in the HTTP content type that is returned by the server, the character set that is specified by the meta element in the Web page document, or your Encoding preference if no HTTP content type is returned by the server and no meta element is specified in the Web page document.

ill get the son to fix it for you remotelely when he comes in dave hes a proper computer engineer with letters after his name now

his firm charge £600 a day for his services but ill get him to fix yours for free thumbs ps hes never failed

Go to malwarebytes.org, download the free version and do a FULL scan, I find it pretty good.

if thats the case then its not to do with your pc, its the internet connection. Reset the router try again, try resetting router to factory settings ( keep note of the settings you need!! if still no look get on the phone to your ISP and get them to do a few network checks!

you logged into your router and done a factory reset? whipes all the settings incase something has gone tits up Smile

hmm if your running cable internet i could probs bring a spare router round to try? atleast then you can cross out the router and go on the blower to the ISP?

right I have a old pc with vista on it , tried with that same thing happened using IE , and firefox, now I also have AOL's own browser on there tried that and it worked scratch

Hi Dave, sounds to me like the images are being filtered at an ISP/Router level.

Who is your ISP? Is it AOL by chance? as they're well known for doing this sort of thing.

Hi Dave, sounds to me like the images are being filtered at an ISP/Router level.

Who is your ISP? Is it AOL by chance? as they're well known for doing this sort of thing.
yes it is Stan , been with them for years and never had a problem before No

right... if your using internet explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security. Set the sliders to medium on all of it, then click Privacy tab, set that to medium as well. if that fails, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and reset the lot!

@fr499y wrote:
right... if your using internet explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security. Set the sliders to medium on all of it, then click Privacy tab, set that to medium as well. if that fails, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and reset the lot!
done all that and still no good Sad

I've seen a similar thing to this before with AOL, it's due to them restricting everything and "filtering"
It sounds really similar to what i've seen before, so I'd try ringing them up and asking for their advice or simply changing to a better ISP as AOL really is overpriced and the customer service always used to be pretty dire also. paul

I've seen a similar thing to this before with AOL, it's due to them restricting everything and "filtering"
It sounds really similar to what i've seen before, so I'd try ringing them up and asking for their advice or simply changing to a better ISP as AOL really is overpriced and the customer service always used to be pretty dire also. paul
thanks for your advice Paul thumbs