Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

we all know that unleaded petrol goes off and can turn to like a varnish in the carbs if left for a few months, does it do any harm on a fuel injecton bike ??

good question dave, afraid i havent got an answer to that, ive just drained my float bowls on the bandit.

yes, will block injectors the same way as jets in carbs... and using premium unleaded wont make the fuel last longer Cool

do you know a way to drain them then ?, Saw you on the kle 2nite, looks nice matey!

stick some redex fuel injector cleaner in with some fresh petrol and take the bike for a run. its good stuff u can also add it to the tank before you lay the bike up for the winter, it'll keep the injectors clog free. ive been using the stuff for years.

I put fuel staberlizer in if I am going to leave it for long on a bike with carbs , just wondered about injection with never having one before

I don't do any of that, i just use the bike on the odd nice day and turn the bike over in the garage for a few mins if its sh*tty

@pugeyed wrote:
do you know a way to drain them then ?, Saw you on the kle 2nite, looks nice matey!

Not 100% on how or if you can drain them, but you can clean them easy enough. seen me on the kle? i think i went all over northampton trying to find a easy way home =/ bloody traffic! and road works!

ive been using it in all my fuel injected bikes over the years dave blades,both the r6 and the r1 i had tbh its always worked a treat and should be ideal for your b-king i know STP make a similar product specifically for modern fuel injection systems thumbs

Dont worry about it dave,how many cars are out there in compounds with fuel in them

which have been sat for months on end waiting to be bought

just fire the beast up every few weeks thumbs

I had a Z750 fuel injected & used Stabil. It was fine over the winter & started first turn over in the spring thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
Dont worry about it dave,how many cars are out there in compounds with fuel in them

which have been sat for months on end waiting to be bought

just fire the beast up every few weeks thumbs
not worried , because it will never sit long enought, was just interested thumbs I put it in the BSA because that will sit now till March time thumbs

all I do is start the bike up every 2 to 3 weeks,may put a little fresh in over the winter,never had a problem thumbs

It's worth turning the motor over every few weeks as 2 webs of the crank will be airborn and there for sitting dry the other 2 sitting low in a sump full of oil.

i usually just put redex shots in over winter and try and do the odd long run then just put fresh fuel in thumbs