Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Just had this twitter :-()

ITVCentralITV Central News

A motorcyclist has been seriously injured after riding into a wire which was tied across a footpath in #Nottingham

A motorcyclist suffered a broken collarbone when he hit a wire strung across a Nottinghamshire footpath.

The 33-year-old was on the path between Oddicroft Lane and Penny Emma Way in Kirkby-in-Ashfield on Friday afternoon when he rode into the obstacle.

Appealing for information, police said a wire had also been found in the area earlier in the year.

Officers confirmed the victim should not have been riding on the path and he had been warned about this.

Det Sgt John Wadden said the injuries could have been worse: "Fortunately the rider saw the wire as he approached and was able to duck a little, but was unable to avoid contact.

"We fully acknowledge that this man should not have been riding his motorbike along this path and he has been spoken to about that.

"However, it is also imperative we find out who has erected this wire because their actions were potentially lethal."

thumbs when I was a teenager (yes I can just remember ) I went in a pub carpark and right round to the back , Seen a washing line and ducked, forgot about my mate on the back , lets say he wasnt a happy chappy Embarassed

sounds like some angry resident has done it