Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

ACF-50 & the bandit

so if i cover the bandit in it, will it be ok to use through the winter without worring about washing it every time i get back from a ride, Because this is what stops me going out in the winter, I know it seems a shame but cant see me using it if i dont use it as a winter bike and its not worth anyting to anyone else, If i was to go out and buy a winter bike i wouldnt get anything better confused

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/motorcycle.htm
http://www.chainspeed.co.uk/products/ACF%252d50-Anti-Corrosion-Formula-Aerosol-Spray-13-fl-oz.html

To be honest I don't think that Suzuki build quality is that very good,and the salty roads would wreck it in minutes,for instance there are no dust covers on the brake caliper pistons! whats that all about?quick seize calipers,I could condemn the Bandit but you get the jist.
I would flog it for as much as you can get for it and buy sumat like a KLR trail bike or some thing along those lines so that you and Mel can go for bimbles round the country lanes.180mph on wet roads can damage your health.
Have a think, BMW R80 nice shaft with winter protection thumbs in my opinion of course

@XS1100 wrote:
To be honest I don't think that Suzuki build quality is that very good,and the salty roads would wreck it in minutes,for instance there are no dust covers on the brake caliper pistons! whats that all about?quick seize calipers,I could condemn the Bandit but you get the jist.
I would flog it for as much as you can get for it and buy sumat like a KLR trail bike or some thing along those lines so that you and Mel can go for bimbles round the country lanes.180mph on wet roads can damage your health.
Have a think, BMW R80 nice shaft with winter protection thumbs in my opinion of course
thanks for your input Gaz salute

One of these, I rode one for miles on sand the thing pulled wheelies In the Mojave desert,

There is nothing on this bike that will rust its either plastic or alloy.

Selling you Bike is against my religion hence you need one of these.

But am i not better off with the bike I have , I would only get £1200 for it , and could buy a heap of censored that lets me down , If i sell it all the hard work keeping it like i have has gone to waste only for someone else to have the joy, If i use it yes it may deteriorate but i know it inside out and even using it as a winter bike I will still pick my days but not be so fussy

I the end you end up with more bikes than you shake a stick at! thumbs

if you chose your days you should be alright and you know the bike inside out and its reliable thumbs as well as Acf 50 id put vaseline on all the fasteners etc keeping off the brakes though thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
But am i not better off with the bike I have , I would only get £1200 for it , and could buy a heap of censored that lets me down , If i sell it all the hard work keeping it like i have has gone to waste only for someone else to have the joy, If i use it yes it may deteriorate but i know it inside out and even using it as a winter bike I will still pick my days but not be so fussy

If you cover it well with ACF etc it should be fine.Remember tatty high mile B12s go for a grand.I cant see how you can get better for the money you would get for it.You know the bikes 100% as well thumbs

I used my Bandit through two winters solid. Through salt, water, snow, wind etc.

Never had any problems wih the calipers seizing, or with any real corrosion. This is what I used to do to keep it in tip-top nick:

Wash the bike with a decent cleaner - spend ages on it so it is spotless. Polish and wax the paintwork.

Then, spray GT-85 (or ACF50 if you're feeling flush) all over the engine block till it is literally covered in it. Then cover anywhere that takes the brunt of the road muck (downpipes, front of angine, fork stanchions, read shock, swingarm etc.) with ACF50 on a rag.

When you start the engine it will smoke like nothing you've seen before, this is the solvent evapourating. This will leave a film of PTFE over the block. The ACF50 should stay fairly liquid.

I did this for maybe 3 washes every winter, and I sold by bandit on 2 years down the line with double the mileage, a little more rust, and 2 crashes to it's name for £200 less than I paid for it. Bottom line: wash it decent, protect it well and you've got very little to worry about...

Josh thumbs

How many years have you had her....few years yea.....she's in mint condition yea...do what youve always done mate it must have worked....or are you trying to convince your self to sell her... Sad

I cant see you f censored it up dave,as I beleive you would only use it on dry winter days anyway

as said what else would you get for the money its worth,I will tell ya a big pile of censored

keep it,its a future classic thumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
How many years have you had her....few years yea.....she's in mint condition yea...do what youve always done mate it must have worked....or are you trying to convince your self to sell her... Sad
would like to keep her Stue , although i pick my days i wash it every time i use it in the winter, And like to day wanted to go for a spin but knew i wouldn't be out long and thought is it worth it with the hassel af washing it when i get back, so i didnt go out, I would use it a lot more if i thought i could nip out and then just put it away , And like i have said cant see me using it much in the summer now i have the king

so what ya saying dave its time to let her go

@lee wrote:
I cant see you f censored it up dave,as I beleive you would only use it on dry winter days anyway

as said what else would you get for the money its worth,I will tell ya a big pile of censored

keep it,its a future classic thumbsthumbs
this is what i am thinking , although i want to go out more in the winter, cant see me going out if its raining ,but may just take that risk a bit more, I will still look after it but dont want to wash it every time i go out

@Davehutch wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
would like to keep her Stue , although i pick my days i wash it every time i use it in the winter, And like to day wanted to go for a spin but knew i wouldn't be out long and thought is it worth it with the hassel af washing it when i get back, so i didnt go out, I would use it a lot more if i thought i could nip out and then just put it away , And like i have said cant see me using it much in the summer now i have the king
I here ya mate thumbs just ride her and enjoy it...the bike that is Laughing your never gonna sell her so dont worry mate just mbikembike

dave when I had the other bike I got caught out in the rain a few times

and remember what that was like,all I did was use acf50,and beleive me I never washed it every time

thumbsthumbs

You can ride down to mine....and ile show you how to clean her Laughinghide

Dave, use the damn thing, clean it as best you can, and accept it's a pretty old bike which might get slightly more tatty. Once you start putting what might happen to your bike before taking a ride, you're on the slippery slope my friend. Smile

@dick65 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
You can ride down to mine....and ile show you how to clean her Laughinghide
lol!lol!
I will give it ten mins and this post wont be about dave bandit lol!

Dave, use the damn thing, clean it as best you can, and accept it's a pretty old bike which might get slightly more tatty. Once you start putting what might happen to your bike before taking a ride, you're on the slippery slope my friend. Smile
thumbsthumbsthumbs think your right Alan and the king will never see the salt

@Davehutch wrote:
partypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty

THANK censored FOR THAT

partypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty

@Stue11 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
partypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty

THANK censored FOR THAT

partypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty
foflfoflfofl

only problem is stue wait till he is to old to hitch the caravan up to the car hide

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:
only problem is stue wait till he is to old to hitch the caravan up to the car hide
lol!lol!
foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl 13years to go foflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfoflfofl

just had this reply from another forum i use , Got none of the silly crap i got on here, fofl

Hi Dave i covered a 1250S Bandit with it two winters ago, i was really thourough, and coated every nut and bol,t and casings and wheel rims, never washed it till the spring, and that bike came up mint, i pex that summer for a rocket3 and the dealer was amazed at the condition. a applied it with a small paint brush, if you can stand the bike looking rather grubby i think thats the best way as the stuffs so expensive, i found i needed a good cleaner like S100 to get it all off. dont get near the discs as i did and its real hard to get it off

@Davehutch wrote:
just had this reply from another forum i use , Got none of the silly crap i got on here, fofl

Hi Dave i covered a 1250S Bandit with it two winters ago, i was really thourough, and coated every nut and bol,t and casings and wheel rims, never washed it till the spring, and that bike came up mint, i pex that summer for a rocket3 and the dealer was amazed at the condition. a applied it with a small paint brush, if you can stand the bike looking rather grubby i think thats the best way as the stuffs so expensive, i found i needed a good cleaner like S100 to get it all off. dont get near the discs as i did and its real hard to get it off
thumbs

dug the zed out of hibernation today Very Happy Get ya bike out and go for a blast tomoz, will be sunny as well thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
Done it covered the bike in ACF_50 and put her away without washing her , just hope i can sleep tonite study

Rolling Eyes you know you wont Sad

I read some where it turns the laquer on the engine like jelly and gose yellow with in a few days! you have a look at the points cover I thought it looked dodgy. Sad

@XS1100 wrote:
I read some where it turns the laquer on the engine like jelly and gose yellow with in a few days! you have a look at the points cover I thought it looked dodgy. Sad
are you joking Shocked