Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gavlar1200

Question for Stue11

I've been bought some Porsche Teledials for my Lupo GTI.
Now, they are 15 x 7j and I'm thinking of putting 165/50/15 tyres on them because I really like a little bit of stretch. Euro stylee Cool
What is your professional opinion on stretching tyres? I've known people put stupidly stretched tyres on their cars and report no problems, I just wanted to ask for your thoughts... Or anyone else in the know.
Thanks for your time thumbs

I've been bought some Porsche Teledials for my Lupo GTI.
Now, they are 15 x 7j and I'm thinking of putting 165/50/15 tyres on them because I really like a little bit of stretch. Euro stylee Cool
What is your professional opinion on stretching tyres? I've known people put stupidly stretched tyres on their cars and report no problems, I just wanted to ask for your thoughts... Or anyone else in the know.
Thanks for your time thumbs
Hello Gav, its not good to stretch any tyre mate imo, what size are on your lupo know...

Hi Mate, I have the standard wheels on at the moment but they are the same dimensions 15 x 7j and they have 195/50/15's on.

Hi Mate, I have the standard wheels on at the moment but they are the same dimensions 15 x 7j and they have 195/50/15's on.
Shocked that would be taking the whole aspect ratio of 30m not good Sad also it wouldnt handle all that good neither, normally you need to go up 10m on profile and down 10 on overall width, but to be honest ive always kept me cars standard from factory...also check with your insurers as to whether it would affect any claim in the event of a prang thumbs as ive known of some insurers not paying out due to not having the correct tyre fitment to there vehicles thumbs hope this as made sense thumbs

Yes, makes perfect sense mate. You've given me a few things to think about. I'll certainly be contacting my insurance company. They'll only be on for shows anyway because I dont want some theiving scumbag havin the wheels away. Thanks for your thoughts mate.

thumbs

Yes, makes perfect sense mate. You've given me a few things to think about. I'll certainly be contacting my insurance company. They'll only be on for shows anyway because I dont want some theiving scumbag havin the wheels away. Thanks for your thoughts mate.

thumbs
Thats ok mate anytime thumbs