Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tubthumper

Gunna have to take it to a main dealer :'(

So,

My TL has been playing up for a couple of weeks now. When the problem first started, the bike coughed and spluttered at high revs, i pulled over and it cut out. At this point, the FI light was on (so the ECU was getting a fault code).

Since then, the bike has been a blighter to start (needing half throttle for 30 secs just to get it to tickover), really lumpy on tickover, even thristier than usual, and generally chuggs and sounds/feels rough.

The annoying this is, iv'e been riding it in dealer mode ever since with these symptoms, and not a single time has the light come on or a fault code been displayed... So basically, i'm going to have to take it to a dealer to see whats up unless any of the very fine people on here have any ideas, because i have none at all Sadthumb down

Josh thumbs

take it to RAD or over to cooperb, better than any local zuki dealer Wink

Is your machine a standard TL. IE: just got the ECU & standard fuel injection system or has a power commander been fitted??

If you have the latter it could mean your fuel mapping has corruped. It will need to go to the dyno to be remapped