Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

New speakers =D

well not exactly new, had them a few weeks now, just starting to replace some older stuff Very Happy so who else enjoys there music and has nice speakers/audio setup?

This is my current setup Smile

Sony 2 Channel 120Watt Amp
Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 Piano Black Speakers
4mm speaker wire Bi-wired

mines more home cinema based than music but i still like to listen to music. Ive got

Pioneer BDP 333 blu ray
Yamaha RXV-1067 reciever
Kef Q30 front, reference 100 center and 60s surround speakers
and a Rel Stadium Subwoofer.

Ive also got quite a bit of kit that i need to get installed in the car but just haven't had the time.

nice set up matt thumbs ive always had seperates i love music thumbs this is mine:
castle windsor floor standing speakers bi wired using qed leads
technics 200 watt amp
marantz cd player
marantz tape deck
cambridge audio phono amp
denon dab/fm radio
technics direct drive turntable built in 1979 and good as new
cables are various qed and chord company
heres a few pics:

@dick65 wrote:
nice set up matt thumbs ive always had seperates i love music thumbs this is mine:
castle windsor floor standing speakers bi wired using qed leads
technics 200 watt amp
marantz cd player
marantz tape deck
cambridge audio phono amp
denon dab/fm radio
technics direct drive turntable built in 1979 and good as new
cables are various qed and chord company
heres a few pics:

Radio 4 affraidaffraidaffraidfoflfoflfofl

Nice setup applause

Nice! i made the cables up a few hours ago lol, i tend to be a bit over kill with cables, think its something like 600 strand cable =/ been using a couple sets of gotham bi-wire jumpers.

i made my speaker cable up as well £160 Shocked and gold bananas ,im ocd with cable too thumbs yeah radio 4 stue were posh up north Laughing

Yeah, i think having jumpers and 4 seperate cables are about the same for quality, just them brass plates they put on the speakers are well and truely shite! These are the jumpers i had made up a few months back.

this is whats in my room atm though =]

I finally got my setup back in the car a few weeks ago. I've uprated the fronts with fli components, the rears are factory for now. The sub is a 400w maystar LA410, a bit old but it seems to be getting better with age Very Happy
The amp is a 350w kenwood jobbie bridged. All in a custom sealed sub box made by yours truly. I know its not all top o the range gear like yours Matt but it makes the Lupo shake. The boot was pretty much useless anyway as it's so small so decided to utilise it in a different way thumbs

haha fair play! Fli speakers ent too bad, my misses just got couple of 5 1/4" Vibe's in the front and ready to fit some 6x9's Vibes in the back, been looking at the small Vibe box aswell, so no down she'll get that sometime soon lol!! ( Vibe and Fli seem to be made by the same people )

@fr499y wrote:
Yeah, i think having jumpers and 4 seperate cables are about the same for quality, just them brass plates they put on the speakers are well and truely shite! this is whats in my room atm though =]

nice set up matt,im getting some computer speakers next,and i dont do home cinema aint got a flat screen just an old type telly its rarely on,and i refuse to have an i pod im totally old school Laughing

what you can't see in that picture is 3 computers, 2 laptops, the tv is my monitor ( full HD ) aswell as a turntable, ipod dock hooked up to the Sony amp and some other useless goodies like games consoles and Blu-Ray player Very Happy After all.. cant spend all my money on the bikes, gotta spend some on my media setup Smile ( oh yeah and the misses.. can see her in the pic by the zed rofl )

thats your line of work comps? hi fi has been a passion of mine longer than bikes Shocked im looking at some roksan stuff amp etc but to replace my speakers would be a couple of grand thats more than my bike cost Laughing but as you say you cant spend it all on bikes thumbs

yeah i work at a school as a ICT technician, Love computers, audio and bikes.. perfect mix if you ask me! maybe thats the reason i spend soo much on exhausts and trying to find/get the perfect sound out of my bikes rofl

@fr499y wrote:
yeah i work at a school as a ICT technician, Love computers, audio and bikes.. perfect mix if you ask me! maybe thats the reason i spend soo much on exhausts and trying to find/get the perfect sound out of my bikes rofl
you could be right there foflfofl

@fr499y wrote:
haha fair play! Fli speakers ent too bad, my misses just got couple of 5 1/4" Vibe's in the front and ready to fit some 6x9's Vibes in the back, been looking at the small Vibe box aswell, so no down she'll get that sometime soon lol!! ( Vibe and Fli seem to be made by the same people )

If you need a 10" sub box I have 1 you can have