Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bladerunner

the Hillsborough disaster what really happened

The Hillsborough Disaster what really happened.This might lose me some friends but this is what really happened on that day,this is not the media PC version or the opinions of somebody who has never been to Hillsborough,this is what I personally witnessed and I spent the first 30 years of my life living less than 100 yards from the Leppings Lane entrance and yes i was there on the day.Firstly the people who died were not to blame, the people to blame for this were the 10,000 Liverpool fans who turned up at the Leppins Lane entrance at 2.50 pm full of beer after being in the pub and expecting to get in.Quite a few of these fans didnt have tickets (this happened every year the FA cup semi final was held here) and were just hoping to gatecrash their way in.As the crowds built up on Leppings lane the police had no option but to open the gates otherwise the people at the front of the crowd would have been killed.course when the fans at the back saw this they surged forwards hoping to get in for free but the consequences of their actions is well documented.several points need addressing concerning the circumstances around the fatalities. firstly there was a tendency to delay the start of a football match back then if all the fans weren't in the ground this led to people spending more time in the pub knowing they wouldnt start without them,second the Barriers inside the ground,these would not have been there if there wasnt a culture of invading the pitch and kicking the sh*t out of each other at every available oportunity.thirdly the police and ambulance service were criticised for not responding quickly enough but imagine if every event was policed with enough officers to cope with a major disaster how many people would protest at the extra cost on their council tax/tickets.
As i said before I lived Just off leppings lane for 30 years and i have seen this behaviour time and time again and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.
Finally for the past 20 odd years the families of the deceased have been saying all they want are answers and to know what really happened to their loved ones,now they have the "answers" they wanted they are saying its not enough,so what exactly do they want.

Im sure theres plenty of fans that also now this to be true..afterall they were the folk pushing themselves into the ground crushing and killing there own...lets face it, you were there i wasnt, i can only imagine the horror of a disaster unfolding in front of your very eyes, im sure you wont lose any friends over this, youve only spoke your mind truely of what your very eyes seen.

@Stue11 wrote:
Im sure theres plenty of fans that also now this to be true..afterall they were the folk pushing themselves into the ground crushing and killing there own...lets face it, you were there i wasnt, i can only imagine the horror of a disaster unfolding in front of your very eyes, im sure you wont lose any friends over this, youve only spoke your mind truely of what your very eyes seen.

thumbsagree Well put Stue