Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

Fuel tap help

Hi all wondered if someone could clarify something for me

since I took the bike for mot theres been a strong smell of petrol where I keep the bike

so tonight had a good look round it couldnt see any leaks ect ect,so removed the tank to look even further

and noticed while the tank was off fuel was dripping from the supply pipe

Am I right in thinking there should be no drips comeing from here or fuel loss as its a vacum fed tap

is it just a case of new seal kit for the tap many thanks Lee.

If the tap is on prime Lee its gravity fed and will flow freely but when in the on position it is vacuum operated if yours flows like this then a new seal kit should sort it but your carb floats should stop it entering the cylinders thumbs

If the tap is on prime Lee its gravity fed and will flow freely but when in the on position it is vacuum operated if yours flows like this then a new seal kit should sort it but your carb floats should stop it entering the cylinders thumbs
Thanks mike prime works fine its when its on res or run
then when ya move the tank it comes out like on prime

if that makes sence thumbs

It does Lee, I think there is a diaphragm inside the tap which may have a split hence why the vacuum part of the tap,s not working. Might be worth taking the tap off and having a quick look before you order a repair kit just to be sure! thumbs

It does Lee, I think there is a diaphragm inside the tap which may have a split hence why the vacuum part of the tap,s not working. Might be worth taking the tap off and having a quick look before you order a repair kit just to be sure! thumbs
Thanks mike took the tap off and the oring does look worn

I will just put a new seal kit on it thanks for ya input thumbsthumbs

should be an easy fix lee,still annoying though censored

Excellent advice Mike, hope she's sorted Lee thumbs

Thanks for ya input mike,new seal kit fitted all is good banana