Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Battery in general question

when a 12v battery is fully charged what volts should it read ? and how long should it hold that reading with out dropping?

its my leisure battery on my caravan Embarassed 

Around 12.7, just checked mine and its 12.85 and I haven't used the bike for week

why do you need a leisure battery anyway dave ;thought you went to sites with hook up leccy Cool 

whyo you need a leisure battery dave ;thought you went to sites with hook up leccy Cool 

your right stan , but lights ,water pump , toilet flush, things like that still run off 12volt

how long holding a charge of 12.7 v would say it would be safe to say the battery is in good health ? it has now for the best part of 24 hours

is it lead,acid Dave and is it sealed for life or can you top up with distilled water?

get a hydrometer that will tell you state of charge in each cell.
better way to check it, each cell should  read the same
if one differs then it isn't holding charge so well and battery is coming to end of useful life http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_530647_langId_-1_categoryId_255205

one caveat... don't test just after adding distilled water, it will read wrong, wait until its had a charge cycle