Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Idles like crap! Advice?

Damn thing is a royal pain in the ass! the noises seem to have gone, hardly any smoke when you first start it, if any at all so unless the two were connected and something was stuck, i dunno! Anyway, now I'm dealing with the idle being all over the damn place. One minute you're chilling at the lights, 1500rpm ( possibly higher than it needs to be for a single )idle then it jumps to 2000 or drops to just over 1000rpm. Other times it will be idling at 1500-2000rpm and just die for no bloody reason! Jets have been replaced, the boot is fine and not cracked/leaking.

The bike was sold and running fine but the guy couldn't collect it till end of the month ( no good to me ), but the last week or so its playing up. It runs perfect apart from this annoying idle issue! Check the vid and see what you think. Would be good to get some feedback as to what it might be causing it.

Not electrical issue, the reg/rec is a year or so old, brand new battery a week ago, all electrics seem to be fine. Just this damn idling issue.

Was after £900 but will take a bit less for it.

sounds like a carb issue matt - be the first thing I'd check also are the breather tubes blocked thumbs

breathers are fine, no fuel pump on these, was jetted/tuned for K&N filter and the arrow dakar exhaust, jets were replaced like for like so no issues there. only thing I can think of at the moment is the mixture is off causing the issues but you can turn the engine off, start it again and it runs completely different. Seriously starting to annoy the crap out of me.

So its suddenly decided to run perfectly fine again.. I'm starting to hate bikes head bang