Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bonnie Bauer

In-game items, biome objects

Question

After all these years, I still kinda wonder what some actually do.  For instance, maps.  Are these strictly entertainment?  Is placing one near the entrance enough or should they be scattered here and there?  Forgive me for mixing platforms (yep, Granny's a gamer), but it's easier to call them sims...when the sims look at a map, does it affect their behavior?  I'd place more if, say, it encourages that one dweeb who really needs to rest on an umbrella table to NOT go dance by the music rock.  ?  Focus, sims, FOCUS!  LOL

Also, those blasted educational thingees with the monkey on top: it seems my stars go up when every exhibit has its very own right by it...?  Yes no?

Also, any other tips for educational exhibits?  My critters get hung up on rocks a lot, for instance, so I put a tiny blop of shallow water with one tiny rock in it in every exhibit, which seems to help, so I seem to have the rock thing straightened out.  As for trees---do I really need one of every tree of that biome in an exhibit to raise the educational value?  Also, one of every type of plant?  Are there other secrets I ain't figured out?  ?

3 answers to this question

Are you just referring to Zoo Tycoon 2 or also the first game, too?

Posted (edited)

When I use the default zoo map,  I usually add one near the entrance.  It depends on the size of the map.  I might use 2 in small maps, 4 in medium maps, and 6 in large maps.  I usually try to space them far apart.

Edited by SLGray
  • Like 1