Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Registration issues and PMs

One of my friends has been trying to register here today and she encountered the inability to get registered. I told her that I'd ask about it here and see if anyone can give me a suggestion or two to pass on to her. She was wondering if there was a block on people from the US and I said there wasn't because another friend from the States managed without any problems. She is simply trying to figure out how to get registered without problems.

Was there an issue earlier today with registrations? I know that there was work being done on the profiles, but I wasn't sure if the registration difficulties could somehow be connected, so I thought I'd ask here.

Also, I had intended to send this as a PM, and the board won't let me send PMs. I can check and see if my PM capabilities are deactivated, but I don't think they are. Instead the board says my post count is too low to send PMs. Can a technical person here please advise me? I'd really appreciate it. I mean; if I can get some of these questions resolved through PMs, I'd prefer it to bogging down the forum with irrelevant inquiries.

Thanks. Smile

I wasn't sure if it was a part of the 20 posts thing. I do know that I sent another member a PM last night, and that wasn't a problem at all. So, I figured that I should let the technical folks know so they can maybe look into it, or offer something to help my frriend troubleshoot this.

I did receive your PM, and was able to respond, but the links to the left don't seem to allow me to send mesasges to staff members.

As for my friend's situation, she's never encountered this forum before I told her about it. This is very strange.

Here's the screen cap (or part of it) from when I tried to send a PM about ten minutes ago.

I received your reply hun, and thank you for posting the screen shot I'm sure any information is helpful to fix the problem Smile Let your friend know that this should be fixed soon, and we look forward to having her here in the future Smile

We were making some changes to the registration form yesterday (hoping to simplify it) so maybe this was why your friend couldnt get in. Would you mind asking her to try again please...it might be she was trying to join at the same time Mr Mayor was making the changes and this was why it wouldnt let her registration go through

I will check the settings for being able to send pm's but as far as I know you only need to have 20 posts to be able to send

If you could let me know if your friend tries again then I will pass it on to the tech team...

Thanks for letting us know x

I'll ask her later today. She's nine hours behind me, so is probably sawing logs right now. Smile Thanks for letting me know, and I will let her know.