Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noor

My Stupidity Is In Progress!

good morning... how's everyone?
Here's my problem... for the past 5 years i was attending an afternoon school, school starts at 4:00 PM and ends at 7:45 PM and sometimes 8:15 PM... i was doing such a great job!!! my grades were really really high, inspite of the new translated "harcourt" books. It's not hard but the translation is really messed up and the sentences structure is difficult to understand by just reading , therefore, I didn't have to worry about my senior year since I'm doing just fine and handling these new changes pretty well.
BUT this year HUGE changes were made and all afternoon schools were cancelled.. I had to move to a regular morning school. Unfortunately, the school starts at 8:00 AM but the bus arrives at 7:00 AM .. and it finishes at 3:30 PM... and because of the traffic jam I arrive at home at 4:30 PM... I have 9 classes, each class 45 minutes, so I get home burnt out and I barely catch my breath and have lunch.. I get sleepy so early before i finish all the massive homework they give us!!! I can't get my time managed .. My grades are getting lower and lower.. I can't concentrate in the morning because i'm used to studying in the evening and staying up until a late hour... This is the most important year and if I don't raise my grades again it will be easy to fail and set again for the year OR I will not enter the specialization that I desire....
So what do I have to do to manage my time ??

this is a tough one...

here's what i do to manage my time (i got to school one week in the morning, and one week in the afternoon)
i bought a white boart with a timetable, so i organise my time
for example, i have a history test on tuesday, so i won't remember it 2 min. before the test, cause it'll be on my whiteboard, and i'll remember to study earlier so i would get a better grade
when i'm really tired, i drink some coffee, to stay awake to do homework or learn
try studying or doing homework with a friend, as she/he might help you (you combine your knowlege congratulations )
i don't pay much atention in some classes, and i use internet to study, or i borrow someone's notes (that way, you'll be awake to study better at home)
and in the morning, get a loud clock, wear simple clothes to school and have a simple hairstyle (jeans, t-shrt and a pony tale congratulations )

just giving ideas Laughing

I tried not to focus alot in classand borrow someone's note but I got completely lost hehe
and I do dress simply for school, we have a uniform and I do the pony tale ^^
The whiteboard idea is fantastic Smile I might give it a shot..

hi Noor

I'm glad to see you realise just how important your school work is and I think it is amazing that you want to do your best!

I can understand how much the change of school timetable has thrown you.
It is a huge change you have had to make.

Making a timetable for your home time is a great idea..make sure you write down exactly what you need to do and when it needs to be done...try prioratising as well....maybe mark things in red that are urgent

You also need to make sure you are getting plenty of sleep.
Until you get used to this new routine maybe you can set yourself a bed time...and stick to it even on days when you dont have school the next day. This will get your body used to waking up at the right time.
Try to ensure you always have a proper breakfast. Your brain and body will not start working properly without one!

Above all give yourself time to adjust. And if you feel you are struggling at school, then talk to your parents or your teachers. I know they will do all they can to help you

Take care

Agony Aunt xx

oh thank you for these handy advices ^^ I'll follow them and see the changes