Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Having problems with logging in and passwords

This morning when I came to the forum, I was logged out, which is strange because I have always been logged in, that's how I have it, automatic log in. So, I tried to log in and my password didn't work. It is one that I have memorized, so I was like 'What is that about?'. I tried a second time thinking that maybe I had mis-typed something. Well again it didn't work, and so I had to send a message to recover 'forgotten' password.

Well, I did that with no problem and then set the password back, thinking that I had troubleshot the problem and could go about posting as usual. Well, about ten minutes ago, I clicked on one of the banners below the main banner (the one with the pets on it) and the forum went nuts. It logged me out again, and then when I tried to log back in, I was faced with the exact same problem I had managed to get past this morning. This is very strange, I managed to recover the lost password yet again, and now have no idea what password I am supposed to use, my real one, or the forum generated one.

Something is messed up with this, and I hope that someone from the technical team can have a look at it. The clickable banners should not be logging people out like this. But, the fact that I was initially logged out and the password is getting lost is an even bigger mystery.

Thanks for looking into this.

I figured out what had happened. For some strange reason, the browser saved my email address as my user name. I will be clearing the cache and redoing it. If any problems arise, I'll let you know.

Hi Steve, or any other helpers who are around.

C&G has a member who is trying to log in. She joined here a while back, as

/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=1850
Tipsy Mipsy.

It looks like her password's not being accepted, some kind of problem anyway - she'd love to become an active member if she can get back in.

Thanks Smile

I have reset her password and sent her a pm with her temp password so she can get back in

If she is stil having problems then just let me know and I will do my best to help her congratulations

Thanks so much, she was just off to work, so it may be tomorrow now. Let's see if she gets in ok Smile

Steve (is it ok to call you Steve, or should it be Mr M?) ?

I have the email address she's messaged me with if you need to check it's the one she used to register here?

lea75 wrote:
I emailed it to her...even I'm not that daft

:snowlol:

I need a bit more help please for new members - will PM you Lea.