Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Love the blue elephant!

I have been a member of the Steiff club for nearly a decade, and I have to say I really love the blue elephant plushie that PS introduced this week. It reminds me of the blue elephant that Magarete Steiff made over 100 years ago. This was how she got started, by making this pin cushion. It took off and today Steiff products are world reknown.

I am overjoyed that they released this. I'm going to add this to my 99 collection. Smile Thankfully they are not TWS items, otherwise I would never reach the 99. Smile

I haven't bought the blue one yet, though I do like it indeed. I have the pink but of course it's the TWS one. That is pretty cool to know. PS really likes to make their items very inspired/based off of real items that exist. It is interesting information that you've shared so we know now where they got the idea for that probably Smile Right on for sharing that with us! Thank you!

my youngest has a steif teddy than my Nan gave her when she was little.
It;s been put away for her for when she is old enough to appreciate it for what it is Smile

One of my friends has a daughter who loves wolves, and I actually found a wolf from Steiff. When I sent it to her last year for Christmas, she got the 'Steiff Lecture' from her mom. I had to laugh at that, but yes, the Steiff things are wonderful, but many are collectors items.

Guest Guest

Googled it congratulations

That's not the Margarete Steiff elephant.

I am trying to find the original blue elephant that the replica was taken after, but this one with wheels is pretty close.

I love the elephants too!!!! it was actually the first thing I bought for pinky today!!!!!Good luck with your search!!!! congratulations