Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ericrb

Terraria

Wtf is this shit. Mario meets minecraft? They could have atleast tried to make it not obvious where they got the idea from. Who would pay for this severely downgraded version of MineCraft?

DemonicD3 wrote:
Wtf is this shit. Mario meets minecraft? They could have atleast tried to make it not obvious where they got the idea from. Who would pay for this severely downgraded version of MineCraft?
Me. I like the game's style. It is a copycat of minecraft but it has more "action" and it's kindof what I'm looking for atm.

Ericrb wrote:
DemonicD3 wrote:
Me. I like the game's style. It is a copycat of minecraft but it has more "action" and it's kindof what I'm looking for atm.

Two words eric, MineCraft Mods. Severely improves MineCraft gameplay. Got everything from amazing texture packs to a world full of tons of new both friendly and enemy NPC factions. Such as knights, samurai, bandits, etc. Than for more spice to the world, there are mods like MineColony that allow you to place workers such as Woodcutters, miners, farmers, bankers, etc. Who all work for the goal of helping you collect resources and add more to your world. Mod is in beta so tons more things prob will be added. There are extended village mods that have tons of NPC's with various roles who actually build entire villages, setup shops, etc. Which you can trade resources with them for. You can even modify what they build and what they built it with to complete customized structures to a completely customized village. Theres a mod where you can assemble a airplane and scout the landscape and even shoot at creepers, etc.

Best of all, it's free. No having to buy MineCraft wannabe Mario.

tnx for letting me know bout this game, it looks OSSIM

The Devs are doing more works than Notch anyways. I just hope they don't stop like him. And Demon, a platform game doesn't mean it's a Mario game. Really? Sometime platforms game are way better than 3D games.

There's also much more contents such as more enemies, moon phases, different layers (going from surface to underworld), more crafting, more items/consumables, there's also mana to make it a little fantasy-ish, etc.

All that... in Alpha.

I have been aware of this game for a while, and I also think it's kinda cool. They haven't cloned MC, they've just taken the idea and modified it. It's bookmarked to check progress >=)

Ericrb wrote:
The Devs are doing more works than Notch anyways. I just hope they don't stop like him. And Demon, a platform game doesn't mean it's a Mario game. Really? Sometime platforms game are way better than 3D games.

There's also much more contents such as more enemies, moon phases, different layers (going from surface to underworld), more crafting, more items/consumables, there's also mana to make it a little fantasy-ish, etc.

All that... in Alpha.

Because its designed by a more experienced company that has more devs working for them. Also it's exactly like mario. I can see this maybe being popular on a PSP or something but this 2d game will never beat a 3D experience. Also I believe coding and making a 2d mario like game would be far easier than making a game like MineCraft hence why they could make more content for it.

Sorry but that gameplay I find no entertainment in, Shocked

Umm, I'm in love with this game. Ive spent all my times watching Pbat's Let's Play videos. I'm so gonna buy this, so many more items than mc.

I just bought it! I'm gonna play when i get home from work this week!

Also on another note: I'm back on AITM after a long time away. Reason was because i had to finish up my first year of college, been way too busy to be on a computer lol.

$10 on Steam.

EDIT: 10mins of playtime was enough for today. Yeah..

「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:
$10 on Steam.

EDIT: 10mins of playtime was enough for today. Yeah..

you dont like it? D:

Frogger409 wrote:
%Argh%
Wink
I sorta like it Razz
Yeah. Just had to put some Techno/Trance/Eurodance and it was alright Razz A falling star fell on the zombie right next to me and dealt 997 dmg to him...

I can't figure this out....

If you buy it off the Steam store, do you have to have Steam on your PC in order to play Terraria? Or do you not need Steam?

Also, I REALLY want this game... but I need to know my question first....

These days steam is an absolutely shit provider,
so if you can get it without in any way, do that.

「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:
Frogger409 wrote:
%Argh%
Wink
I sorta like it Razz
Yeah. Just had to put some Techno/Trance/Eurodance and it was alright Razz A falling star fell on the zombie right next to me and dealt 997 dmg to him...

LOL That's epic.. I wonder how I can coordinate that... XD

Darnit.....

I wish Red and Blue made it like how Notch sells MC, off the site.

I have a very small hard drive, so 7 gigs take a lot from me...

Terraria
77.2 hrs / 77.2 hrs

Trollololol.

Full Molten, Meteorite, set. Getting Cobalt and Necro. Beated all bosses. I'm almost done with this easy game Razz

Erics a terraria junkie, he needs help. He needs a intervention. Don't worry bud, we'll get you through this. MEDIC!.... MEDIC!

DemonicD3 wrote:
Erics a terraria junkie, he needs help. He needs a intervention. Don't worry bud, we'll get you through this. MEDIC!.... MEDIC!

WAZZUUUUUP? afro

I'm done but I decided to make another character Razz

「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:
I'm done but I decided to make another character Razz

Play multiplayer with me, and i doubt uve gone and done all the underground jungle/sky island stuff. Btw todd, theres a cracked version that's as current as real one. Multiple crack versions*

Guest Guest
Got full health and cobalt armor, blade of grass, ivy whip and a thorn chakrum. Pretty epic along with my shiny red balloon and cloud in a bottle. Me and tree are an excellent team too. afro

I'm totally done. Cobalt, Necro, Molted, Maru, Magic things, etc.

「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:

but 4 hours later you are still playing Wink

kevinsweijen wrote:
「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:

NO I'M NOT.

「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:
「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:

NO I'M NOT.

and 7 hours after saying you werent you are STILL playing xD

kevinsweijen wrote:
「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:
「サボテン」 Ericacti wrote:

NO I'M NOT.

and 7 hours after saying you werent you are STILL playing xD
NO

This game isn't a rip off of minecraft!!!! The developers even said that they did take some elements from minecraft but what they did was combined peoples favorite things from video games into one brand new solid game. They put in things from as old as zelda to newer things like star wars. They have medieval, Modern, and even futeristic weapons. And last time I checked Minecraft did not own the right for a game to use blocks and build things. There have been way older games that minecraft that use blocks such as roblox. So please stop calling it a rip off of minecraft because if your going to call it just a rip off then at least name the other couple games they got ideas from. afro afro

Meow. Let's Start an All in the Terr Server!

(See what I did thar? All in the Mined? All in the Terr?.... Anyone? T-T)

Toddlo1972 wrote:
Meow. Let's Start an All in the Terr Server!

(See what I did thar? All in the Mined? All in the Terr?.... Anyone? T-T)

Id rather have ALL IN THE GIRL .....see what I did thar?

you guys can join my terraria server but i needed a password to protect it from griefers. So if you want to join then just pm me and i'll tell you the information. pig

minecraft : no

Terriaria: no

pokemon black and white: got

TROLOLOLOLOLOL

LegoLink wrote:
This game isn't a rip off of minecraft!!!! The developers even said that they did take some elements from minecraft but what they did was combined peoples favorite things from video games into one brand new solid game. They put in things from as old as zelda to newer things like star wars. They have medieval, Modern, and even futeristic weapons. And last time I checked Minecraft did not own the right for a game to use blocks and build things. There have been way older games that minecraft that use blocks such as roblox. So please stop calling it a rip off of minecraft because if your going to call it just a rip off then at least name the other couple games they got ideas from. afro afro

Uh... MineCraft Classic keyword here "classic" is a game where you build things with blocks. MineCraft (the new one) which I am assuming you have never played before is exactly like Terraria except it's not 2D. You start off and have to collect resources, build houses and mine, farm and what have you. Terraria is a EXACT copy of MineCraft. There are other games that uses blocks but I'm not stating Terraria copies block making did I? MineCraft is it's own unique game and I was merely pointing out how direct they copied the game. They in general took the ENTIRE concept of MineCraft, packaged it into a 2D mario like game and just so they can claim they did something of there own, they added some new content that isn't in MineCraft and blam, they created Terria.

As I've also stated, I will not pay additional money for a game I already own for a graphic downgraded version who's only accomplishment is to add more content for it's game than MineCraft can produce which isn't suprising since I believe it's much easier to create content for a 2d game like mario than it would be for a game like MineCraft. However, for that additional content that is the only accomplishment Terreria has over MineCraft can easily be countered with the various mods for MineCraft by the MineCraft community. Content that add things that can only be placed in a 3D game like MineCraft. Like assembling your own plane to explore a entire generated world.

Guest Snowy
DemonicD3 wrote:
LegoLink wrote:

Uh... MineCraft Classic keyword here "classic" is a game where you build things with blocks. MineCraft (the new one) which I am assuming you have never played before is exactly like Terraria except it's not 2D. You start off and have to collect resources, build houses and mine, farm and what have you. Terraria is a EXACT copy of MineCraft. There are other games that uses blocks but I'm not stating Terraria copies block making did I? MineCraft is it's own unique game and I was merely pointing out how direct they copied the game. They in general took the ENTIRE concept of MineCraft, packaged it into a 2D mario like game and just so they can claim they did something of there own, they added some new content that isn't in MineCraft and blam, they created Terria.

As I've also stated, I will not pay additional money for a game I already own for a graphic downgraded version who's only accomplishment is to add more content for it's game than MineCraft can produce which isn't suprising since I believe it's much easier to create content for a 2d game like mario than it would be for a game like MineCraft. However, for that additional content that is the only accomplishment Terreria has over MineCraft can easily be countered with the various mods for MineCraft by the MineCraft community. Content that add things that can only be placed in a 3D game like MineCraft. Like assembling your own plane to explore a entire generated world.

In defense of my brother, yes we do own Minecraft. Heck yes we own Minecraft. He doesn't play classic -_- Minecraft Beta is different in its own ways than Terraria.

Terraria
1. No animals (not counting monsters)
2. You can't have your own pet (wolves, cows(with mods), ect.)
3. The cutting down the tree whole concept (We have a mc mod that does that, and says, they used the idea from Terraria)
4.Many more monsters
5. Some creatures (like octipus) are not in Terraria
6. You cannot add things to the game (mods, ect.)
7. You cannot design your own person if you wish
8. Doesn't have a lot of detail, meaning We have 4 types of trees in minecraft (4 or 3)
9.You cannot use Tnt (there are bombs but still)
10. Not up close: Minecraft you are like seeing through your characters eyes, and you can get a small far veiw with f5
11. You can't cook food (pork,fish ect.)
12. You can't go fishing (at least idk)
13. Minecraft style, you can make much more than Terraria

Terraria uses things that would make it seem more real life. Like you can't use stone tools in Terraria, because in real life, You can't make a stone pick. The mining is supposed to be more like real life, and most everything else

mhmm

First of all, I wasn't suggesting your brother diddn't own the game. It was a crack at him because he stated there was nothing at all that was comparable to MineCraft and seems to suggest that all MineCraft is is putting some blocks down. You know, the crack being if you actually think that than you are one blind person (or doesn't own the game).

Secondly, stone tools are realistic. Ancient civilizations used them and they were the first tools of human civilization. If you are stranded on some resource rich island, you can't just go from nothing to modern tools. You always have to start at the basics which in this case would be stone tools. Unless you can cut trees with your bare hands or mine as it were with wishful thinking than in real-life as it were you'd be attaching some sharp stone to a stick.

I diddn't mean to 'attack' your brother. I just find it odd that he thinks Terraria is not copying anything from MineCraft. I also don't get how people can buy this game. I guess I am the only one who doesn't have Terraria appeal to them or see why somebody would pay good money to buy MineCraft only to shell out more money for a downgraded version of it. That's fine by me though.

Guest Guest
Terraria is an adventure/exploring kind of game, whereas MineCraft is more of a building game, because it is in 3D.

MineCraft doesn't have much to do besides working with redstone, building, farming and just basic surviving, thus making it boring after a while. Doesn't really have many places to explore. Just the top layer of the world, underground, nether.

Terraria has a lot of different stuff to do. It is missing wiring but that doesn't really matter in 2D. Just because Terraria is in 2D doesn't mean you cant build, it just means you cant see your sweet castle in 3D. I dont do much farming in Terraria so I cant really say anything about that.

Now surviving in Terraria is tough because theres just so many more enemies that can attack you. From little green slimes, to a giant skeleton head. Terraria has more places to go such as the top layer, ocean, underground, underground jungle, above ground jungle, underworld (hell), floating islands. Also you can customize your character.

Minecraft: less stuff, more experimenting. let your imagination be your limit
Terraria: more stuff, less experimenting. go explore and have fun

Terraria>Minecraft imo.

I hope you enjoyed this little review because I dont usually write long things like this, unless its for school.

Basicly what you just described is MineCraft. MineCraft has hundreds of different worlds which you can explore all different than the last. You can have worlds with lots of islands, big jungles, floating islands or what have you or even try and create your own. So basicly all that exploring you said is in Terraria can be found in MineCraft as well. As for the monsters, you got little green slimes as well but I don't really need a extensive list of monsters in MineCraft because it's already got some good ones that are swarmed all over the place as it is. Making going out at night dangerous and the ability to build a home all that much more required.

MineCraft also allows easy customization of the game through a well driven mod community. So if MineCraft is just about that for you, you really haven't tried to expand your gameplay. I infact like it like that because it doesn't crowd your game with useless things you'll never need or use. You can pick and choose which content you want in the game. Also I've never played a game of MineCraft where exploring wasn't required.

Ima hop in here.
there will be a Total conversion mod coming out quite soon called "Evilminecraft"
ever been attacked by a 20 feet tall chicken that shoots fireballs at you?
Ever seen the Terraria vine spread system in MINECRAFT?
ever been raped by a monster that looks EXACTLY like a chest?

no?
okay, buy it when it comes out!!

Guest Snowy
Actually about the chest thing yes....

Fate ftw

kevinsweijen wrote:

Those are called mimics. I have been attacked by them, but I pwned them. Not in MC ofc, in another game Wink
Mimics are awesome, btw.. XD

Frogger409 wrote:
kevinsweijen wrote:

Those are called mimics. I have been attacked by them, but I pwned them. Not in MC ofc, in another game Wink
Mimics are awesome, btw.. XD

Me too.
Banjo Kazooie, AWWWW YEAHHH Cool