Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirDoom

Changing standard name of novice worlds (AKA mains)

With the entrance world, alot of novices get stuck in the spawn world without figuring out how to get to main. Some of them keep asking how to get to the "guest" world, so I thought we should change "main" to "guest" cause it seems more universal name for worlds where new people to the server can build. This would help people who have some understanding of commands get into novice worlds without asking for help, which they then sometimes ignore, and ask again...

I also thought of calling the worlds "novice" but this would refer to the rank, and rank names aren't universal, so it would be about as good as "main". /JOIN GUEST would kinda tip them that this command would get them to world where they can build.

Discuss.

Also on the side: Some keep asking where they can build even after joining main cause of the zones around the spawn, not really a big problem, but could be changed a little.

I don't see the name change as a problem, it was called main because unti'll the entrance world was built it was the main world that people connected to. Being that this has changed, there is no reason to call it main anymore. If renaming it guest will help the confuzzled people out there then that's great. As for the zones, idk what you mean about that. If they are stupid enough to not understand they cannot build in spawn and have to move away from it to build, well that kinda stupidity can't be helped. Only so much we can do to direct those people on the simple ways they can go build.

Another thing would maybe to have some sort of MOTD thing posting some directional message every 10 or 20 minutes. I've been doing "/say Stuck in spawn? Feeling lonely? Read the signs." and seems to work for about a quarter of them. 3-4 seem to figure out to join main after I do that that message. Having a MOTD saying something that directs them on what to do could be helpful.

Zhuge has asked about the MOTD too, and we really should have one about joining main/guest too. But it probably needs to be done by onion.