Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sloth5950

Trading area.. Idea

some sort of warp area that players can place looking at what certain people/towns are selling instead of just the chat. This might be in progress already but if it gets rejected idc..

OMG Great idea Very Happy Ill start building a mall straight away Very Happy
donations are required :
12 000 Logs
10 000 ish white wool

Wait nvm... for everyone to put sign up... I cant claim the area making the mall a dangerous be :/ So construction is cancelled DX

maybe we could make something in the sky, like the spawn to have a non PvP zone. Eric!? 11!? Zhuge!? Gwenith :3

but i do agree with how long the signs would take to make, but i do think that both parties (aka buyer and seller) would have to be online at the particular time. no sign selling :C

any suggestions much appreciated. once again this doesn't have to go forward just thought it would be fun. If this does go forward maybe would could have a comp or something to design the "Mall" instead of 11 doing all the work

JUST REMEMBERED

there is a new item that is going / has been added to minecraft called editable books

watch here if you want more info on it Smile

You mean like a protected trade area? Somewhere everyone can go and place their [Trade] signs for everyone to see and trade? Looks like a good idea.
I could open a server with a creative map if anyone would like to build it. I can't build it myself, 11 is kinda busy with spawn (of course you can make it if you want) and I don't think someone would like to waste resources to make a trade hub.

If I was totally wrong about the idea, ignore this.

Towny has a option to set a plot as a shop plot. What this means is that residents in your town can purchase these shop plots and sell there goods. Essentially acting as a town market area. Players in your own town can buy these goods. However being some towns already share items with there members that would be useless but they can be used for town to town trading. Any goods one town has another town may need or even individual players.

What can happen is that mods can set warp points (if the town agrees to it) at towns market locations where people can warp in and take a look at your town shops. You can do this without setting a shop plot and just building it manually on a plot and putting up signs however a shop plot allows you add tax on sales that goes towards your towns bank. Making it worthwhile to generally setup town markets.

It would also create a more economic atmosphere to towns.

Ohohoh if i can get on a bit more I would LOVE to build a trade area. what we talking size wise? (spawn sized, bigger, smaller?)
I call Infinite dibs with an exponent of infinity! Very Happy

Just a little update, the shop plots isn't for items. It's for plot shoppers. That means someone could build a house, buy the plot for the house and then sell the plot.

Trade hub can be varied. I'd like it to be easy to find signs. Something like : Ore section, block section, etc...

Ericrb wrote:
Trade hub can be varied. I'd like it to be easy to find signs. Something like : Ore section, block section, etc...

agreed.

I haven't really thought about anything at this stage, as I have been caught up with schoolwork. (History -.-)