Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ericrb

/setinfo

Requested.
How should we use it? List your thoughts and we will circlejerk over it.

How should we use it?

-Shortening names : Ericrb213817111 to Ericrb

Reason : When it's changed to something else, it's a pain in the . to undo, tp, promote and info that user.

-Free to use on GM itself

Reason : Because we're cool like that.

How not to use it

-What isn't listed in my How should we use it.

What is borderline.

-Troll for laughs.

That's my opinions. Agree / Disagree / Add more so we could actually "rule" that command and make it easier to understand.

<twocents>Without the problem of need to remember the real name I wouldn't see problem with name changing. Mainly the problem is /f /k /b of someone with altered displayname without the knowledge of the real name. Tho /list displayedname and tab name list greatly aid in this, maybe even negate it.

Other problem is color change, which problem is that people can't differentiate players' rank, but this wouldnt be that big a problem if it wouldnt turn to "i want *Color too!".

I'd suggest limiting name changes to shortenings of a name, preferably to point where you can differentiate charles123 from charles234, in other words, to charles1 and charles2. Maybe little bit altered for higher ranking more known people, ie lostie, lunny, but A to B would get too messy if everyone would start asking for it.

As for color, I don't really know. For novice it would be nice to know that this person is that rank, and not wonder what rank is lime, and when they find out its not a rank, they'll start asking for it.

And as for trolling, if its a problem, I can cut back on it or quit.

Anyway, problem in my opinnion is that lot of changing could lead to everyone asking for it, and that to nobody knowing who the heck anyone is.
</twocents>

EDIT: of course there could be limitations that name changing "only works on rankX+"....

Did not know about /list displayedname.

So...

Expert+ color rank = ok?

Adept+ little name tweak = ok?
(ie. Gwenroden -> Gwenny)

Name shortening on everyone = ok?
(Removes numbers, if two players happen to have the same name add what they want)

Trolling = ok?

Should we lower the ranks, increase it? any other things to add or remove?
Zhuge, you use /setinfo a shittons of time, you should at-least contribute to this topic.

Ericrb wrote:

Expert+ color rank = ok?

Yep since most experts are known to the community/forum

Ericrb wrote:

I think this would be ok in most cases but if we do that we have to make adepts more widely known

Ericrb wrote:

(Removes numbers, if two players happen to have the same name add what they want)

The only issue i see here is that you might get copycats (impersonators)

Ericrb wrote:

Trolling = ok?

No. I think the current guidelines give enough room for us to work in. Trolling adepts would just be wrong. You want them to trust us as since there is a general shortage of them.

In addition should we have a name change/alias log for staff?

Zhuge wrote:

Ericrb wrote:

Im not sure would this be much of a problem, copycats would most likely target higher ranks, and would you believe if random novice doom345 pops up and says "its me doom, could you guys repromote me"?

I'd suggest shortening the names up til last character where the player can be differentiated from others with similliar name, ie johnny1324 and johnny2143 to johnny1 and johnny2

Zhuge wrote:

In addition should we have a name change/alias log for staff?

/list displayedname
Little bit messy but something anyway. Forum list could work too.

Zhuge wrote:

We are the only one who can change the names. People who promotes has /info.
Unless you meant : Change Doomwatcher to Doom then someone creates the account "Doom" and logs in with it.
Quick fix to this is to never change someone's name to silver.
Also, it could happen anytime now, we should probably warn the adept+ to watch out for it.

Expert+ color rank = ok?

(Remove numbers, leave the first number if there are more than 1 player with the same name)

Trolling = Leave it for /say?

Log = /list displayedname

Anything else? I agree with the current situation.

Changing colors personally I'm not too fond of, but I can live with it. It's not a major inconvenience, though I can see how it may confuse some players (especially novices and other beginner ranks). Expert+ works for me.

Shortening names I'm completely okay with. Complete name changes, not so much, but again I can live with it. I'd say reserve it for the well known players only. It starts to become a problem when everybody and their mother begins requesting for a shorter name/complete name change.